• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Ales Kot: This week's announcement, twitter-only -- Ian Bertram is drawing Zero #15 and @JeffLemire is drawing a special cover for it.

"Zero #15 involves
Tangiers in the 1950's, one of my favorite writers of the 20th century, fungal apocalypse, much in-depth headfucking
" (not really a spoiler)

Give it to me now!

Sanjuro

Capullo of course. How anyone who's read Zero Year could think any differently is mystifying.

I'm starting from #21 and reading the entire arc for the first time. On #23, still not a huge fan of the artwork to be honest. :/

I also wish it was a bit less difficult to pick up the issues beyond the release date. I now own issue #33 and all the shops around me don't have the rest of the Zero Year books. Gah!

I'm starting from #21 and reading the entire arc for the first time. On #23, still not a huge fan of the artwork to be honest. :/

I also wish it was a bit less difficult to pick up the issues beyond the release date. I now own issue #33 and all the shops around me don't have the rest of the Zero Year books. Gah!

Well, "Snyder" wasn't an option so I had to go with the artist.

I'm with everybody else on Bruce Timm, but I threw a pity vote to my nigga Marshall Rogers starting the trend of Batman's shadowy cape being COMICALLY LARGE FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT

scn_0005.jpg

scn_0004.jpg

holy fuck, 100th Anniversary Special: Avengers was awesome. I want a full ongoing of this shit by Stokoe set in this world, which is the least realistic expectation ever but i can dream

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, is Ian Bertram really on Zero. Holy fuckballs. Please tell me Ron Wimberly is getting a future issue.

What is this Zero Year you guys are talking about? A batman story? Is it possible for me to pick it up now, or should I wait for a trade(s)? Do I need to read anything else before it? Just getting into comics again so I'm pretty lost on...everything ha.

Messi

What is this Zero Year you guys are talking about? A batman story? Is it possible for me to pick it up now, or should I wait for a trade(s)? Do I need to read anything else before it? Just getting into comics again so I'm pretty lost on...everything ha.

You can buy the first trade now and no you don't need to read anything else. But I would urge you to start batman from the beginning with the Court of Owls trade. It's fantastic.

whoa, apparently Batman: Court of Owls is the free app of the week for Starbucks. Cool!

Transformers vs. GI Joe was fun. On board.

Also, who wants a download code for 100th Anniv. Avengers? I imagine it's as good as the X-Men one was bad. Probably.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
whoa, apparently Batman: Court of Owls is the free app of the week for Starbucks. Cool!

Transformers vs. GI Joe was fun. On board.

Also, who wants a download code for 100th Anniv. Avengers? I imagine it's as good as the X-Men one was bad. Probably.

Can I have it?

You're kidding me

Like, I'm gonna buy this and enjoy it

But WHY are all of these digital sales popping up on me the week I'm trying not to spend extra money...
I know it's SDCC
fuckin same. Good thing it's up for two more weeks! I'm sure i'll have money left over from SDCC.
lol

fauxtrot

Banned
Ughhh, I really hope my local shop still has a copy of 100th Anniversary Special: Avengers when I get off work. I need it.

Ales Kot: This week's announcement, twitter-only -- Ian Bertram is drawing Zero #15 and @JeffLemire is drawing a special cover for it.

"Zero #15 involves
Tangiers in the 1950's, one of my favorite writers of the 20th century, fungal apocalypse, much in-depth headfucking
" (not really a spoiler)

God, I would love to see Bertram get a shot at drawing a monthly at either DC or Marvel with an equally unique writer. Even if it was just a 6 issue run, I would be all over that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Not the full run, but Morrison's Batman and Son Deluxe Edition is on sale on Comixology for $2.99. If you're interested in the run, it's the perfect starting point and it's an excellent price.

It looks like RIP is on sale as well. Basically all of the Morrison run that fell under the "Batman" title (as opposed to Batman & Robin or Batman Incorporated).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ooh. So for Batman day, Barnes and Noble has some Batman TPBs B2G1. This includes all of the Snyder TPBs. I'm really tempted to finally jump into his stuff since I could get the first three volumes for $20...
Edit: Oh! It's DC graphic novels in general. Oh man...

What time does today's Image Expo thing start?

There's an Image Expo thing today? Awesome.

Messi

Ooh. So for Batman day, Barnes and Noble has some Batman TPBs B2G1. This includes all of the Snyder TPBs. I'm really tempted to finally jump into his stuff since I could get the first three volumes for $20...
Edit: Oh! It's DC graphic novels in general. Oh man...

There's an Image Expo thing today? Awesome.

I just bought 6 dc books at the comic store, fucking fail.

Harley looks off her face in those dc ad's on Newsaramma. looooool

Scavenger

I've got a question about comic bags. I'm in the process of selling the three older Batman Knightfall TPB's, but I don't know in what bag I need to put them, silver age or golden age? They definitely don't fit in a modern bag.

I've got a question about comic bags. I'm in the process of selling the three older Batman Knightfall TPB's, but I don't know in what bag I need to put them, silver age or golden age? They definitely don't fit in a modern bag.

Not 100% sure about silver/golden age, but they do sale Magazine bags that would easily fit any tpbs.

tim1138

Shots fired:

Eric Stephenson, publisher of Image Comics took the stage, thanking attendees.

"It's always good to start a speech with a joke. A week ago I woke up to learn that the comic industry was storming San Diego with announcements of licensed series, gender-bending superheroes, and crossover events usually relegated to fanfiction; I texted a friend about it, and he said, 'It's only 10am, are you drunk?'"

"Sadly, this is what's become of the comic book industry. But that's the comic book industry of the past. We've invited you here today to talk about the future," Stephenson said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom