• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Comixology order ballooned out of control today.

Daredevil #6
Deadpool #32
Saga #21
Storm #1
Supreme Blue Rose #1
Trees #3
Velvet #6
Zero #9

I've only read Zero this morning before heading to work. I need this day to zoom by so I can get home and read Saga and Velvet.

y'all making me wanna buy every issue of Zero after the ones in the TP and i haven't even read it yet

Holy shit! Can't wait to feast my eyes on this beauty.

By the way, is anyone picking up Supreme Blue Rose by Warren Ellis today? I don't have any experience with the character, but apparently she's been around for a while?

I will be. I don't know if this version of Supreme has been around though. idrk shit bout supreme, i should say

The Damian story in Secret Origins was really good. Ian's art was top notch. Can I recommend the 4.99 book for just one story though? No I can't. That would be a disservice to you all. Only get if you have interest in Green Arrow and Harley's story also.

WEGGLES

I think I'm going to drop trees. I'll just wait on a tpb/what others think. It feels like it's taking forever to go anywhere.

Saga was fantastic though. But that kinda goes without saying

With all the Batman 75 stuff going on today I found out some stuff that I some how missed over all my years of reading comics. I had no fucking clue Gotham City was in NJ and that Metropolis was in Delaware. I could totally believe GC being basically fucking Camden, but Metropolis in Delaware, huh.

Being a NJite I feel like this is info I should have been privy to years ago.

DCU_East_Coast_Map.png

I see Comixolgy gonna put a Batman collection sale too... my wallet is in PAIN. OH and can't wait to read the final of Zero Year its been a great ride and my favorite story of Synder's run so far.

Gawge

So many amazing full-pages in Saga. THAT ARTWORK.

There are so many amazing characters though (
now, Dengo
) - I need several more volumes right now.

Mafro

Bought Arkham Asylum and Batman Vol.1: The Court of Owls for £1.99 each in the Comixology sale. Is The Black Mirror any good? Do I need to know any backstory to that one or have read anything? Bear in mind I pay almost zero attention to DC comics.

Bought Arkham Asylum and Batman Vol.1: The Court of Owls for £1.99 each in the Comixology sale. Is The Black Mirror any good? Do I need to know any backstory to that one or have read anything? Bear in mind I pay almost zero attention to DC comics.

It's been a while since I read through it, but I don't think you need any prior knowledge to get into The Black Mirror. It takes place after Bruce's death so Dick is Batman during the story and that's about all you need to know.

It's a great book and for that price you really can't go wrong. The artwork was especially amazing, Jock and Francavilla killed it.

Just picked these up from the sale as well Black Mirror is REALLY great and it's easy to jump into and read it's a self contained story with references to Batman Year One.

Zombine

Banned
My goodness I love this cover

DIG024804_1.jpg

Love the cover, hate the interiors. I was thinking about this earlier in the week.

Oh yeah? Next week? Check this shit out:

Sandman Overture #3
Wake #10
Vertigo Quarterly Magenta
Black Science #7
Low #1

Best week of the summer and I'm not even done looking through the list.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ales Kot: This week's announcement, twitter-only -- Ian Bertram is drawing Zero #15 and @JeffLemire is drawing a special cover for it.

"Zero #15 involves
Tangiers in the 1950's, one of my favorite writers of the 20th century, fungal apocalypse, much in-depth headfucking
" (not really a spoiler)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So, after catching up on Batman (almost - still have the last Zero Year issue to read!) I was considering reading Superman. I read Supergirl, but I don't read any other Super-family type books. Is there a good jumping on point for the current run? I liked All-Star (obviously) and Red Son, but I haven't read a Superman story other than that. The upcoming covers I've seen are what's making me consider it, really.

Edit: OH WAIT. That was Batman/Superman. Is that better than the main Superman run?

Messi

TAS

So, after catching up on Batman (almost - still have the last Zero Year issue to read!) I was considering reading Superman. I read Supergirl, but I don't read any other Super-family type books. Is there a good jumping on point for the current run? I liked All-Star (obviously) and Red Son, but I haven't read a Superman story other than that. The upcoming covers I've seen are what's making me consider it, really.

Superman just changed creative team last issue. The first new issue was good and the second is out today. Jump on it.

Johns/Romita run only has two issues so far (Superman #32 and #33). Superman/Wonder Woman is really good but has gotten bogged down in Superman: Doomed. Doomed isn't bad, I just feel it's a bit too long.

Geoff Johns and JRJR just started their run on Superman with issue 32. Perfect point to jump on!

Cade

Conroy is the definitive Batman voice (old Batman aside). It's just perfect. Reading it in any other voice is criminal.

Except now I'm imagining it all with Balevoice, even in TDKReturns, and I'm losing my mind.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Superman just changed creative team last issue. The first new issue was good and the second is out today. Jump on it.

Johns/Romita run only has two issues so far (Superman #32 and #33). Superman/Wonder Woman is really good but has gotten bogged down in Superman: Doomed. Doomed isn't bad, I just feel it's a bit too long.

Geoff Johns and JRJR just started their run on Superman with issue 32. Perfect point to jump on!

Thanks guys! I also realised the covers that I liked were Jai Lee's upcoming Batman/Superman covers, so I might check those out also.

Messi

Conroy is the definitive Batman voice (old Batman aside). It's just perfect. Reading it in any other voice is criminal.

Except now I'm imagining it all with Balevoice, even in TDKReturns, and I'm losing my mind.

My mind is broken since I finished arkham origins. I read everything in that Batmans voice. I hate it but I dont hear Conroy anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom