• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

otoh,
it's a vision of Zizek as he always has been to us: playing both sides and profiting from the blood of [his] countrymen. The Zizek we see in Bosnia isn't so different than the Zizek who dies in Juarez.

There's also the interesting rhyme between those two issues of the
television and video tape that the soldiers watch
I don't feel sorry for
Zizek, just Marina and young Edward

Breast size has nothing to do with my interest in female characters. Also you should know that I read 90% of the same books as everyone else. I think I have quite a decent taste with a slight slant towards average female led books.

Bro, I was originally going to post that it needed more vaginas but didn't want to offend anyone. And I'm 100% kidding. Blame Nocenti!

If anyone can be pinned down in their comic book taste, it's me. I purchase zero DC. Zero. I purchase very limited Marvel, mainly my two favorite characters (Daredevil and the Punisher).

I purchase way too many Image releases. You can almost always guess that I'm buying Image Title X and be correct.

That Emma statue is almost comically grotesque. Liefield Edition (tm)

Are those the really expensive ones people were referencing yesterday? Maybe it's just the angle or the camera work, but they all look pretty bad. I'm not feeling them at all. The Emma Frost one is particularly bad, but Power Girl doesn't look much better.

tim1138

Just read it. Zero is seriously fucking powerful. It's an experiment that works so damn well. Here's
Roman Zizek, and we know he's by-the-book scum, and we were all happy when Zero killed him. Or not happy, more relieved. And yet, here's the tragedy that potentially makes him who he is, makes him cold, and fuck is it brutal and heartbreaking and perfect.

Ales Kot is a great writer, but more importantly he's an incredibly storyteller.

I honestly dunno if another writer could pull off what Kot is doing here, maybe Dysart?
The way Kot rather effortlessly is able to transition between the rather fantastic
the crazy alien spore things
to the realistic and tragic (this issue and Juarez) is quite masterful. All of these concepts and ideas are able to exist in the same world without it feeling forces or out of place.

Messi

Bro, I was originally going to post that it needed more vaginas but didn't want to offend anyone. And I'm 100% kidding. Blame Nocenti!

If anyone can be pinned down in their comic book taste, it's me. I purchase zero DC. Zero. I purchase very limited Marvel, mainly my two favorite characters (Daredevil and the Punisher).

I purchase way too many Image releases. You can almost always guess that I'm buying Image Title X and be correct.

Are those the really expensive ones people were referencing yesterday? Maybe it's just the angle or the camera work, but they all look pretty bad. I'm not feeling them at all. The Emma Frost one is particularly bad, but Power Girl doesn't look much better.

If you spend enough time here you tend to see what everyone is really into and then you will know what kind of books they are likely to buy. Most people here know that I enjoy what could be considered teen girl books. I dont think there is any issue with that. You will also see that Grandharrier is insane. The only thing I am ashamed about is how much money I gave dc for Catwoman while not enjoying the book.

Some people just don't enjoy DC and I get that. Same for marvel. Image tends to get universal love.

YAY COMICS.

sj6pjw2bvubc3koplkwd.jpg

Uhhhhhhhh

Cheska

Aww, kinda disappointed by the Power Girl premium format, not impressed with the face of in-motion hair. Definitely sold on Babs though!

ReiGun

If you spend enough time here you tend to see what everyone is really into and then you will know what kind of books they are likely to buy. Most people here know that I enjoy what could be considered teen girl books. I dont think there is any issue with that. You will also see that Grandharrier is insane. The only thing I am ashamed about is how much money I gave dc for Catwoman while not enjoying the book.

Some people just don't enjoy DC and I get that. Same for marvel. Image tends to get universal love.

YAY COMICS.

I don't even know how one would go about hating Image. They more or less just say "hey, you wanna publish a comic book about whatever the fuck? Here you go!"

Perhaps I should take up the charge of being the resident Image hater to see how that would shake out...

Okay, since it's a new page, let's review all the fun new toys...

Deadpool ArtFX+

Batwoman bishoujo w/alternate face pictured + Zatanna artwork reveal

Bishoujo She-Hulk and Wasp artwork

I'm sure some of you like fighting games. Tekken and Street Fighter bishoujos.

Juri sculpt, Sakura artwork, Pink Chun-Li (presumably SDCC exclusive or something), Poison reveal. And the pic you can't see because Sakura is blocking it is Anna Williams artwork from Tekken.

Messi

Deadpool ArtFX+

Juri sculpt, Sakura artwork, Pink Chun-Li (presumably SDCC exclusive or something), Poison reveal. And the pic you can't see because Sakura is blocking it is Anna Williams artwork from Tekken.

In for Deadpool, Jubilee.

Depending on the physical versions of She Hulk, Zatanna I might be in for those too.

Batwomans pose doesnt suit her at all. But the second shorter hair model looks great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
For fun, here are the release timetables for the newly announced Image books.

Drifter - November 2014
The Humans - November 2014
Intersect - November 2014
Tooth & Claw - November 2014
Southern Cross - November or December 2014
Rumble - December 2014
Descender - March 2015
Valhalla Mad - Spring 2015
Tokyo Ghost - July 2015
Injection - TBA 2015
Invisible Republic - TBA 2015
From Under Mountains - TBA 2015

DarkFlow

Banned
Well this Marvel unlimited sub is working great... I can't even load anything now. Guess they didn't expect so many people to try it out for a buck.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

aKIAA5D.png

Aquaman is so fun. Might be one of my favorite titles. Love that Author and Mera are a true power couple. Everything about them is great.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm going to have to start putting money away for this shit because goddamnit I want ALL OF THOSE BISHOUJOS.

zeeaykay

I really need to read Zero last. I've got a few great books left, including the always impressive Velvet, but after reading Zero I just can't get in the mood to read anything else.

Damn you, Kot.

Superman 33 was fantastic. Man, I can't believe the Superman book I have been wanting all the time is actually a Clark Kent book. Clark going around, doing investigative journalism. Being Supes for the heavy lifting. I love the weirdness that is JRJR's art.

Messi

Well, to be fair, manga are just Japanese comics.

Not exactly. Ivy had those vines wrapped around her legs, which was pretty sexy. Harley was just standing on a giant hammer, no? She wasn't doing anything suggestive with the handle.

I haven't even seen those. I am new to this end of the statue game.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I am consistently impressed with Tomasi and Gleason's Batman. Tomasi has these characters fucking down, and he's telling a damn cohesive story, while still maintaining momentum.

I also read the Zero Year finale and was totally let down. Snyder cannot figure out how to end these overblown story arcs. Ever. Capullo is on another level, but for fuck's sake, somebody get Synder an able editor and a skype session with Ales Kot.

The Flash 33 was fun. I'm really liking what Jensen and Venditti are doing with the character in the present and the future. Good stuff.

ReiGun

Wonder Woman #33 would have been better if I actually gave a fuck about the Nu Amazons. Azz really should have thought that "sailor killing, baby slaver" thing through a little more. Really hard to muster care for the Amazons now that they're in the spotlight knowing that.
Stone Hippolyta rolling in like "Who want it, bruh?" was hype though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man...so I take advantage of that Marvel Unlimited 99 cent promo, all hyped to read some classic Moon Knight, only to discover that not only does Marvel Unlimited not have any classic MK, they don't even acknowledge he existed prior to 2006. Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu, and Marc Spector: Moon Knight aren't even listed in their database. What the hell, Marvel. Gah.

I am consistently impressed with Tomasi and Gleason's Batman. Tomasi has these characters fucking down, and he's telling a damn cohesive story, while still maintaining momentum.

I also read the Zero Year finale and was totally let down. Snyder cannot figure out how to end these overblown story arcs. Ever. Capullo is on another level, but for fuck's sake, somebody get Synder an able editor and a skype session with Ales Kot.

I'm the complete opposite. I thought the latest issue of B&R came off completely childish. The group dynamic and dialog seemed written for the Saturday morning cartoon crowd. I still liked it because it's Batman and he had a cool suit. Zero Year though was smart and relevant. It was thought provoking and concluded one of the BEST Batman stories ever written.

DarkFlow

Banned
Man...so I take advantage of that Marvel Unlimited 99 cent promo, all hyped to read some classic Moon Knight, only to discover that not only does Marvel Unlimited not have any classic MK, they don't even acknowledge he existed prior to 2006. Moon Knight Vol. 1, Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu, and Marc Spector: Moon Knight aren't even listed in their database. What the hell, Marvel. Gah.

Don't worry, even if it was there you couldn't read it. They have pretty much killed the servers with this promo.

diggler41

Hello ComicGAF! I have decided recently to try and get back into comics after about 10 years by buying a ton of TPBs and was wanting to know what comic sites/podcasts you guys/gals recommend. Also, how awesome is this Matt Fraction Hawkeye?

Messi

Hello ComicGAF! I have decided recently to try and get back into comics after about 10 years by buying a ton of TPBs and was wanting to know what comic sites/podcasts you guys/gals recommend. Also, how awesome is this Matt Fraction Hawkeye?

Hawkeye is great when it actually ships. Shame its ending after this arc. Enjoy while it lasts. I am sure it reads well in trade.

Cheska

Talking Comics has become one of my favorite podcasts! I'd also highly recommend iFanboy for their pick of the week show. The Comic Hangout is great too, but they haven't been uploading their shows on iTunes recently, and I rarely watch stuff on my laptop.

For fun, here are the release timetables for the newly announced Image books.

Drifter - November 2014
The Humans - November 2014
Intersect - November 2014
Tooth & Claw - November 2014
Southern Cross - November or December 2014
Rumble - December 2014
Descender - March 2015

Valhalla Mad - Spring 2015
Tokyo Ghost - July 2015
Injection - TBA 2015
Invisible Republic - TBA 2015
From Under Mountains - TBA 2015

Those are the ones i will buy. Really really interested in Tokyo Ghost. That Artstyle.

The rest is a big maybe.

Just watched another episode of X-men
I didn't know Storm was almost married to a slave master. Some crazy stuff. She was about to destroy an entire planet over him. I really liked how Wolverine was able to see through that guy from the jump. I still don't see how Storm was willing to marry someone she just met a few hours ago though that 2nd episode probably jumped a day or two, but that is still crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom