• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
How does Marvel's editorial staff approve injecting a brand new character into one of your most popular franchise's origin stories when the ideas for said character are so incredibly bland? I really enjoyed Superior Spider-Man, but this is the content gets the OK to reboot the title? Yeesh...

Finally came, just in time for my Batman-related bingeathon, that cover is so nice compared to the regulars:
UoXeWq

How does Marvel's editorial staff approve injecting a brand new character into one of your most popular franchise's origin stories when the ideas for said character are so incredibly bland? I really enjoyed Superior Spider-Man, but this is the content gets the OK to reboot the title? Yeesh...

I really don't know wtf they were thinking

Vibranium

Banned
I'm excited for a lot of the Image stuff, I'm happy they're doing well and I hope they continue to expand.

Also, Velvet and Zero were ace as usual this week. Spoilers for 0:
That was totally Eddie, and it was really cool to see Zizek get some more backstory.

Rnr1224

figure ill try the marvel unlimited subscription to try out the service on my PC, android phone, and android tablet. Maybe itll push me to keep it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Image has like 8 amazing strips at 6-9 issues and a lot of hot stuff that just started. They also have a few at 20 or so that are really good (Saga, Revival, Manhattan)

My pickups on this Bat- edition of new comics day:

Marvel Comics
All-New Doop #4
Daredevil #6
Storm #1

DC Comics
Detective Comics #27 Free Edition
Wonder Woman #33 Batman 75th Variant (OF COURSE I BOUGHT IT)

Image Comics
Velvet #6

Dark Horse Comics
Groo vs Conan #1

Other Publishers
Afterlife with Archie #6 (Archie)
Transformers vs GI Joe #1 (IDW)

This one's for Spike, from the JL8 facebooks:

y5EqSYg.jpg
VSCPmt5.gif

*cough* I mean, it's alright I guess. Not like I care or anything. Emotions are for the weak. >:|

Print when? o_O

Speaking of WW. Just read issue 33 and it was it's usual fantastic quality. Very interested to see how the last 2 issue wrap everything up.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Silk could still be interesting I think and I like the mystical stuff JMS did, so I'm still interested. The Black Cat stuff and Peter's personal life direction are irking me a lot more. Black Cat is acting cartoonishly evil and ending Superior on Peter announcing he won't do Spider-Man gadget stuff anymore, then proclaiming to start villain capture R&D a few issues later is fairly dumb.

Well, I don't know how this hasn't been spoiled and made a bigger deal of but I just read Futures End #12 and heeeeeeesss baaaacckkk!

hehehehehehehe, hahahahahahahahah

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah that was harsh, and sadly close to the reality of what the situation was like at the time. I wrote my Master's thesis on that war and the prevalence of rape and sexual assault as a weapon used by all sides involved. It's horrible, revolting stuff.

Just read it. Zero is seriously fucking powerful. It's an experiment that works so damn well. Here's
Roman Zizek, and we know he's by-the-book scum, and we were all happy when Zero killed him. Or not happy, more relieved. And yet, here's the tragedy that potentially makes him who he is, makes him cold, and fuck is it brutal and heartbreaking and perfect.

Ales Kot is a great writer, but more importantly he's an incredibly storyteller.

bronson

Anyone know if the Comixology version of Batman Year One has the shitty redone coloring from the Deluxe version that everyone hated a while back?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Thanks for the heads up on the talon book too. I remember us discussing the first volume and I quite liked that too but I never did pick up volume 2. I think Tynion had a moment when he was getting there, I'm not sure now though, need to check out the woods.
Yeah, I'm still curious about The Woods given the impressions I've read. I'm not sure what went wrong with Talon. Maybe Snyder's influence on the initial issues and/or Guillem March's stronger artistic influence overcame faults in Tynion's writing. Or maybe editorial asked him to write an increasingly dumb story and saddled him with a lackluster artist, and that took the wind out of his sails. I don't want to write him off just on this.

Welp, so much for that Amazonian physique.

Looks like Batgirl's not the only one buying de-aging cream by the case.

Despite being an Amazon warrior carrying a sword and shield, why does she look so vulnerable?

frye

Just read it. Zero is seriously fucking powerful. It's an experiment that works so damn well. Here's
Roman Zizek, and we know he's by-the-book scum, and we were all happy when Zero killed him. Or not happy, more relieved. And yet, here's the tragedy that potentially makes him who he is, makes him cold, and fuck is it brutal and heartbreaking and perfect.

Ales Kot is a great writer, but more importantly he's an incredibly storyteller.

otoh,
it's a vision of Zizek as he always has been to us: playing both sides and profiting from the blood of [his] countrymen. The Zizek we see in Bosnia isn't so different than the Zizek who dies in Juarez.

Finally read Cyclops #1.

It was fun. Favorite part was their little saying/motto before they went to
board the Badoon ship

But it was frustratingly short. Don't know how you guys do this. But then you all get like 5-10 every week so all in all it makes sense but geeeeez.

This is why I trade wait. The agony.

Because he's a stiff? :p

Anyone you need a hand with?

Windblade #4, today, is terrible btw. The rest of the series had been quite enjoyable too.

And remember last week when I asked about buying Morrison's Batman in trade? Looks like Comixology have solved that issue then...

I just got to the issue where Rewind compares Prowl to Ultra Magnus, but without the warmth and people skills. I guess I never expected a lot of who I thought would be filler characters to have..you know, characterization.

I read most of the reboot that happened a couple years ago (the "Transformers" book with the "All Hail Megatron" arc), but petered out during a crossover type event.

Ray Fawkes story in Eternal so far is out there. I don't know if I don't like it or I just can't enjoy it because the characters involved I really don't know anything about or don't care about. Batwing, The Spectre, Deacon Blackfire, Jokers Daughter.

Messi

In other words, not enough quirkty, voluptuous female characters?

Breast size has nothing to do with my interest in female characters. Also you should know that I read 90% of the same books as everyone else. I think I have quite a decent taste with a slight slant towards average female led books.

Finally read Cyclops #1.

It was fun. Favorite part was their little saying/motto before they went to
board the Badoon ship

But it was frustratingly short. Don't know how you guys do this. But then you all get like 5-10 every week so all in all it makes sense but geeeeez.

This is why I trade wait. The agony.

Man I am so psyched for the next issue of Cyclops. Grab #2 man, it's equally amazing

Best Hepzibah ever, I have never liked that character but she is a joy in this book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom