• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZdEn7Ra.jpg
Maybe we should do of comic version of this thread

I'm not wealthy enough to be an official member of FigureGAF, but I just got these in the mail today so I had to share (gloat).

The Hellboy with the heads from "Heads" is my new pride and joy... they're much larger than I expected too! Probably 7" or more. This week has just been the best!

These are incredible man, very jealous. I don't have anything like this. Any time I have money for a nice collectible, I always just buy more comics. I kind of wish I had some sweet stuff like that though. Very impressed.

New version of the art we saw for Ei8ght:

Thanks for this, I had completely missed this announcement where ever it happened! Looking at this round up of what Dark Horse has announced, alongside what Image has announced, it's going to be a crazy year next year.

Click

got that marvel unlimited deal and just went through Civil War,(didn't go through any of the tie ins yet)

Iron Man was right and I don't care how big of a dick he was with the Negative Zone, you break the law you better be prepared to get gunned down. If you're born with the ability to blow up a building on a whim and you parade said ability around civilians you best believe your ass is getting hauled in for some good old fashioned government oversight.

they should give the street level guys an option to just quit crime fighting though, they start that vigilante shit again then just give em the ol Batman treatment. Well actually I still really don't know the specifics, do you have to reveal your identity no matter what? We have secret agents which hidden identities in the government already, just extend that to the heroes who sign up.

Iron Man brought crime down to record levels and Cap destroyed half a city fighting back and then gave up, Robert Downey Jr wins.

Thor clone was dumb as shit though and Punisher was the best character.

Since the Death of Captain America isn't working on the website I'm going to go back in time to Avengers Disassembled and see what that's all about

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just finished reading Seconds on the train to work this morning. Great read. I loved Scott Pilgrim so I was already interested, but then the great reactions I had on here got me to go check it out. Really good stuff. I loved the little
Scott Pilgrim character cameos
, as well as this little reference
"Sorry."

Really recommend picking it up, as if the book needs another recommendation in here.

ElNarez

Banned
so by absolute masochism I've read Hulk vs. Iron Man #2 and whoa it's crazy how much fucking better Gillen is at writing these characters than Waid. To illustrate : the idea of the book is that Tony did a thing to the gamma bomb that made it even worse at blowing up and it turned Bruce into Hulk. That's a dumbass fucking idea, but sure, let's go with it.

In Waid's telling of the events, it's just Tony showing up being a gigantic douchenozzle saying how totally better than Bruce he is, because he's secretly jealous of how great Bruce is and yeah that is a thing in Waid's Hulk man, fuck that book.

Next issue, Gillen explains kinda the same thing with more details, BUT a) it's way clearer that he's drunk out of his goddamn gourd and b) the angle isn't "I'm way better than you" but instead "Yo, this thing that will make you a millionaire could make you a billionaire, bro, let me help", which to me fits way better to Tony even in his colossal dick pre-Iron Man phase.

Anyways, this is my book report.

Tizoc

The Goon- Occasion of Revenge #1
OK someone refresh my memory
When did the Zombie Priest get healed? How did Goon and co. learn about the Arab and his cohorts coming?
Kickass issue otherwise.

Daredevil #6
YOU DONE FUCKED UP
EVIL WAKANED AMBASSADOR DUDE! YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW!

Batman and Robin 33
For once
can we have Bats at least trust his other super hero homies and not just his Batclub? For once please?

Saga 21
So how many more chapters til
they fucking realize they should send an entire army ot waste the janitor?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sorry, just need to get something off my chest here.

Worst things to ever happen to Moon Knight:

1. Terry Kavanagh & Stephen Platt

2. Bendis

Cyclops #2 was goooooooood

Can I still vote for book of the month if that's the only book I got?

Darn good. Might double dip and get the trades when they come out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kinda

It was some Teen Titans event, the JL got regressed and the Titans got older

Yes I remember this, I think it was called Batboy lmao

that event also featured pre-Morrison Klarion where he would come along and say "I'm Klarion (da-da-daaaah!), the Witchboy!" which was really fucking stupid.

And then I read Secret Origins.

Don't wanna to sit here and rehash old grievances, but it really bums me out that Ian Bertram was on that Damian story. I just don't get the appeal of that art style at all.

On the bright side, the Harley art was delightful.

JIm Zub is great on Skullkickers and Pathfinder. He's doing a Baldur's Gate series for IDW as well. I am definitely in for the Conan/Red Sonja series.

fertygo

And then I read Secret Origins.

Don't wanna to sit here and rehash old grievances, but it really bums me out that Ian Bertram was on that Damian story. I just don't get the appeal of that art style at all.

What the hell, Bertham was great on that, I get your issue on Batman Eternal issue, but he draw really cool Damian and its isn't ugly at all.

I would be joyful if he getting a run in Batman & Robin when Damian came back.

Daredevil #6...

It's not what it looks like. I don't want to believe that Waid is the kind of writer who
would do that to Matt's father and hero, his Uncle Ben, his Jonathan Kent; so it's gotta be a misdirect, and there's more going on in that scene than what Matt remembers or could even understand at that age.

I was googling something else and this image happened to come up. As I was looking at it, it made a lot more sense now that we're what halfway through Batman Eternal. Specially the way Gordon is holding his hands. Also that you have both Stephanie and Harper behind Bats.

3454415-4724437064-batma.jpg

Cade

Happy birthday Zombine. Buy yourself a nice figure, or some Quitely prints. It's what this thread would want.

---
Speaking of figures, has the Uncanny X-Force colors Deadpool ever had one?

What the hell, Bertham was great on that, I get your issue on Batman Eternal issue, but he draw really cool Damian and its isn't ugly at all.

I would be joyful if he getting a run in Batman & Robin when Damian came back.

This right here is nightmare fuel. I just don't get what he is going for with those eyes. Like the fake anime eye plastic surgery thing that some people have done in Asia?

They aren't even looking at each other. Talia is looking into the fucking abyss and Damian must see something over her shoulder that interests him more than the fight.

fertygo

This right here is nightmare fuel. I just don't get what he is going for with those eyes. Like the fake anime eye plastic surgery thing that some people have done in Asia?

They aren't even looking at each other. Talia is looking into the fucking abyss and Damian must see something over her shoulder that interests him more than the fight.

More like european comic style to me, which is cool as hell.. I dig the abstractness

and again he draw such a sexy robin to only last two minor page

Zombine

Banned
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! Got Big Damn Sin City and various other things from the GF. I said fuck it and took the day off from work.

Has anyone seen ALL the merch that DC was showing at SDCC? These guys know how to make their fans buy toys. Marvel's showing is hilariously cheap and crappy by comparison.

Also, I've been treating myself to comics all week lol. Snyder's run on Batman is complete as of this week, bought and still buying a lot from the comixology sales, my Ivy print should be here this weekend, and other orders I'm about to place on IST.

We also opted for Thursday passes for NYCC. Those are in our hands now. This is the first time we're going to any convention, and we decided just to ease into it and go hard next year for SDCC and NYCC.

We also opted for Thursday passes for NYCC. Those are in our hands now. This is the first time we're going to any convention, and we decided just to ease into it and go hard next year for SDCC and NYCC.
You'll love it

And you'll spend an insane amount of money

It's great

Zombine

Banned
You'll love it

And you'll spend an insane amount of money

It's great

It's going to be disgusting. We're putting about 1k aside for the weekend. We had plans to do cosplay, but those got moved to Halloween. She's having a hard time wrapping her head around the idea of sitting at a panel dressed as Zatanna or Black Canary (I really don't know what the decision has been on these, I've been working on Canary but then she changed her mind and hair color.) it may be easier to cosplay in SDCC with it being warm.

Also, Happy Birthday Zombine!!
Happy birthday!

:D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read the first issue of Six Gun Gorilla going in totally blind. What an awesome comic. I'm probably gonna read through the rest of it today and I'm really excited to see where it goes.

ArtFX+ Damian is up at AmiAmi for about $34. Set for a January 2015 release. Keep in mind, this is a Japanese shop frequented by FigureGAF. Otherwise you'll have to wait until he goes up at a US shop, and also have to wait an extra month to get your hands on him.

Ooh. $34 isn't bad at all. I will strongly consider that.

When Brubaker and Phillips signed that deal with Image, they said Criminal and Incognito would be moving with them. Maybe it'll be unavailable for a bit as they transition.

Hmmm... Maybe I'll need to jump on those Icon deluxe hardcovers sooner rather than later...

Damnit, i was just about to start reading Thanos Imperative in anticipation for seeing GOTG when i realize that apparently you need a crapton of required reading BEFORE this one :(

Zombine

Banned
Just read the first issue of Six Gun Gorilla going in totally blind. What an awesome comic. I'm probably gonna read through the rest of it today and I'm really excited to see where it goes.

The first few pages of #1 are ridiculously awesome.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
NeoGAF is the only place on the internet where I have seen a negative opinion on Batman 33. Oh you guys.

I don't think it was the issue a bunch of people made it out to be. And I still think Riddler was a bad choice for the big bad--his characterization was just fucking flat for me. Zero Year, overall, is great, but I can't get in line and consider it the definitive and best Batman story ever. I genuinely think somebody needs to tell Snyder to rein in his stories. He didn't need the equivalent of 15 issues to tell Zero Year, and the whole Eternal Sunshine thing that was thrown into the issue. Really.
Bruce wanted to erase his memories
. Really.

My resiliency has paid off! I found a lost dog at Walmart in the middle of the night. I made 200 colorful flyers through the dity and has been reunited with its owner. This proved to me that I can be a comics superstar. Non sequiturs be damned.

Zombine

Banned
My resiliency has paid off! I found a lost dog at Walmart in the middle of the night. I made 200 colorful flyers through the dity and has been reunited with its owner. This proved to me that I can be a comics superstar. Non sequiturs be damned.

This is also the plot of Hawkeye #20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom