• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

More Marvel Legends reveals...

Some of the figures in the Odin set will come with alternate pieces to make him into Old Thor from Aaron's run. Also looks like Jarnbjorn is included with the King Thor bits.

So that set is now..

Captain Marvel
Iron Fist
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Sentry
Now Thor
Machine Man

Build a Figure - King Thor/Odin

For the Spidey line they showed off (so far)

Spider-Man (w/ half masked head and pizza holding hand)
May Parker Spider-Girl
Phil Urich Green Goblin (Build a Figure)

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-hasbro-spider-man-legends-infinite-quick-pics

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-hasbro-avengers-legends-infinite-quick-pics-updated

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mod...CC/Hasbro/Day_2&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=17847

Zombine

Banned
Lol Outcast was picked up by Cinemax. Kirkman called Demons "The new zombies."

Bro has no idea how this shit works. The only reason that he's making any sort of cash at all is because Walking Dead got popular during the height of the pre-existing zombie craze. You never hear people say "Man, I loved that Captain America joint that Kirkman wrote."

He got lucky, really, really lucky. He can't just declare Demons hot. That's like posting a funny pic and asking "is this a meme now?"

SoilBreak

Banned
I just got the marvel unlimited 99 cent deal.

Any recommendations guys!?

Thor: God Of Thunder Jason Aaron

Fantastic Four Mark Waid

Black Panther Christoper Priest

Captain America Ed Brubaker

Doctor Strange: The Oath Brian K. Vaughan

Young Avengers Allan Heinberg

Bii

Great Minds ect ect

--

Hey Bii, try asking Amanda Conner if Catwoman would ever be in Harley's book :p

Ah man, didn't see this until now. But I had already met Amanda Conner and have no plans to go back, her line grew extremely long after I got there. Seriously, it was only 10 people deep and probably quadrupled within the next 10 minutes thereafter. She was very personable and a pleasure to chat with. Really made me feel like I was something more than just a random person in line. Got her to sign a comic and bought a Power Girl print; had her sign that too. <3

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Lol Outcast was picked up by Cinemax. Kirkman called Demons "The new zombies."

Bro has no idea how this shit works. The only reason that he's making any sort of cash at all is because Walking Dead got popular during the height of the pre-existing zombie craze. You never hear people say "Man, I loved that Captain America joint that Kirkman wrote."

He got lucky, really, really lucky. He can't just declare Demons hot. That's like posting a funny pic and asking "is this a meme now?"

Don't you love Walking Dead?

kd-z

So I finally got around to reading Invincible volumes 1 and 2 which I bought on a Comixology sale a couple months back.

They were cool. Fun, fast moving stories with a cool twist on the teenage superhero formula. I'm curious to find out what happens next...

...and really irritated that I didn't do my research before buying those two volumes. I was sure that the Ultimate Collections cover two trades each, same as with The Walking Dead or, say, Y: The Last Man. Well, they do, except for the first book which collects the first THREE trades.

So now if I want to get back into Invincible with the Ultimate Collections I first have to get the third trade digitally and it's 12 euros :<

I'm in the same boat as you, brotha, so trust me, I would never downplay how badly mental illnesses and issues, officially diagnosed/widely understood or otherwise, can ruin, break, or destroy somebody. And, like you did with this specific story, I cling to any piece of literature, or story, or music that incorporates anxiety and depression and those types of mental afflictions. I guess I just didn't hone in on that aspect of Zero Year, and I didn't form that personal connection with the work.

However, that said, I like your interpretation if the storyline, and I think that's a powerful lens to interpret the story through. Batman is my favorite superhero due to his relateability, and I think you found what I was missing from Snyder's story.

My mind thought what to say to this for a few minutes and my only conclusion is:

brofist.jpg

More Marvel Legends reveals...

Some of the figures in the Odin set will come with alternate pieces to make him into Old Thor from Aaron's run. Also looks like Jarnbjorn is included with the King Thor bits.

So that set is now..

Captain Marvel
Iron Fist
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Sentry
Now Thor
Machine Man

Build a Figure - King Thor/Odin

For the Spidey line they showed off (so far)

Spider-Man (w/ half masked head and pizza holding hand)
May Parker Spider-Girl
Phil Urich Green Goblin (Build a Figure)

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-hasbro-spider-man-legends-infinite-quick-pics

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/07/sdcc-2014-hasbro-avengers-legends-infinite-quick-pics-updated

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mod...CC/Hasbro/Day_2&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=17847
DC Collectibles has left those brahs in the dust.

Zombine

Banned
Don't you love Walking Dead?

Oh man, I so do. I think Outcast is off to a decent start as well. I'm also a bit of a realist and I see Walking Dead for what it is. It's my junk food. It is what it is. I also think that Kirkman is a decent dude. I'd just rather not see him start to believe that he thinks he'll be the one to launch a new trend lol. Not gonna happen. Demons are niche at best.

tim1138

This is pretty much the best thing ever.

Multiversity-map_1400x1074.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ok the reveal at the end of batman eternal this week was pretty great. And very funny to reference a 20+ year old story in the new 52. I only read the story a few months back so it was quite fresh in my mind.

tim1138

Someone who has their copy of Planetary handy should check to see if the design of the Carrier on Morrison's map of the Multiverse matches the one in Planetary. Or the one from the Authority for that matter.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh man, I so do. I think Outcast is off to a decent start as well. I'm also a bit of a realist and I see Walking Dead for what it is. It's my junk food. It is what it is. I also think that Kirkman is a decent dude. I'd just rather not see him start to believe that he thinks he'll be the one to launch a new trend lol. Not gonna happen. Demons are niche at best.

Demons ain't happening but what about witches?! I'm sayin': Snyder and Jock's Wytches; Some Hack's Klarion the Witch-boy. Quick, tell Kirkman.

Someone please explain to me what is happening in that Multiverse mapping.

Basically laying out the foundations for the DC universe and how parts of it relate to each other. The inner core are the various dimensions, all floating inside of the "bleed" (think a hyperspace bubble), surrounding this is the speed force. Outside of this are the realms of the "Gods", with what appears to be locations based on ideas like order and chaos, etc. Outside of this is source wall, the edge of the DC reality.

It's interesting that Earth 33 is being shown as the "opposite" of Earth Prime. That would suggest our Earth is being referred to as Earth Prime again, one purely of science, vs the magic of Earth 33?

Messi

Ah man, didn't see this until now. But I had already met Amanda Conner and have no plans to go back, her line grew extremely long after I got there. Seriously, it was only 10 people deep and probably quadrupled within the next 10 minutes thereafter. She was very personable and a pleasure to chat with. Really made me feel like I was something more than just a random person in line. Got her to sign a comic and bought a Power Girl print; had her sign that too. <3

Glad to hear that she was really nice. Don't worry about not seeing my question on time, I will just keep going with my fingers crossed. I don't think she will be for a long while because of what's about to happen with her in the mainline story.

I would love to see what print you bought.

Basically laying out the foundations for the DC universe and how parts of it relate to each other. The inner core are the various dimensions, all floating inside of the "bleed" (think a hyperspace bubble), surrounding this is the speed force. Outside of this are the realms of the "Gods", with what appears to be locations based on ideas like order and chaos, etc. Outside of this is source wall, the edge of the DC reality.

It's interesting that Earth 33 is being shown as the "opposite" of Earth Prime. That would suggest our Earth is being referred to as Earth Prime again, one purely of science, vs the magic of Earth 33?

what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-gif.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woo. Had my first go at coloring one of my drawings. It's pretty amazing how far doing some shadows in the coloring goes to making a drawing pop.

It's by no means perfect, but I feel pretty good about it. http://imgur.com/j3rijKf.png

Did it without any reference, too!

tim1138

It is The Carrier from The Authority.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-carrier/4005-40548/

The one in Planetary looks quite different.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rkkman/frames/summaries/S26.htm

Nice, good eye.

GrandHarrier said:

There's also seven "?" Earths, I'm assuming those are undiscovered/unrecorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom