• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
on an ipad

inception-squint.png

Remender/Opena/White on literally fucking anything ever would be day one for me.

Them teaming up, working on THE graphic novel before the biggest sequel of all time?

The Day One Saga Continues.

Dunno why, but Image Keynote really got me. Just sitting, basking in all the creato-stuff I've slept on for the past year or so. Even my big 2 stuff, I'm whittling out the more cookie cutter stuff and focusing on material that's more (sorry, Eric!) creator-driven.

Zombine

Banned
I really loved the art in the Amanda Conner pages. She is just wonderful. But some of that art was questionable.

Did you see the art by Stephan Roux in Secret origins? Its really cool

Amanda and Jimmy in the first panel :p

I still don't understand where this origins stuff is. It's on Comixology??

My wife read Secret Origins 4 for what I thought was just for the Harley story but she read all 3 and she said she really liked them. Short little intros to the characters. She asked me to get the rest of the issues so she could learn more about some DC characters. Picked them up today.

Messi

My wife read Secret Origins 4 for what I thought was just for the Harley story but she read all 3 and she said she really liked them. Short little intros to the characters. She asked me to get the rest of the issues so she could learn more about some DC characters. Picked them up today.

I have been enjoying them.

Timo

I accidentally read all of Seconds tonight and it was so good you guys. It had that tinge of scott pilgrim flavor but it did feel pretty new for o'malley. Loads of nice moments, funny moments, sad moments, just goddamn great.

Tranformers More Than Meets the Eye is really good

I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the names and whatnot, but the dialogue so far is excellent and the art and coloring is rad.

Owzers

I accidentally read all of Seconds tonight and it was so good you guys. It had that tinge of scott pilgrim flavor but it did feel pretty new for o'malley. Loads of nice moments, funny moments, sad moments, just goddamn great.

ended up ordering that from Amazon today, hope i like it as much as everyone else.

Having second thoughts on Zatanna Bishoujo, just not a fan of the anime-look of the statue faces.

diggler41

Hawkeye is great when it actually ships. Shame its ending after this arc. Enjoy while it lasts. I am sure it reads well in trade.

Yes it does. I mean dog likes pizza. How bad can he be....Bro?

SO awesome. The pacing gets kind of slow near the end of volume 2, but it's still really good.

I also recommend Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Despite having Spider-Man in the title, it has nothing to do with him and you don't need any prior knowledge to enjoy the book. It's a comedy book and it's excellent.

Ok sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation I have Superior Spiderman TPB 1 and 2 and heard decent stuff just got to get around to reading it. I have like 70 TPB in my backlog. I am not even exaggerating (going through the Annihilation/Conquest/War of Kings now.)

Talking Comics has become one of my favorite podcasts! I'd also highly recommend iFanboy for their pick of the week show. The Comic Hangout is great too, but they haven't been uploading their shows on iTunes recently, and I rarely watch stuff on my laptop.

Thank you very much for the recommendations iFanboy looks neat. Will download a few eps.

The preview pages for Hawkeye 19 looks really depressing.

This ends at 22, right? Not much time left to wrap up the story. Though, we are pretty much at the end now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom