• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I asked my Palestinian coworker and he said it is pronounced Rrr' ahss. Slight pause after the R, followed by ahss.

Rache came from the show. Why they chose it is beyond me. I can personally use either.

At least within the confines of those universes they stick to whatever pronunciation they have decided on. Fallout: New Vegas couldn't decide on Ceasar or Kai-Sar.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I asked my Palestinian coworker and he said it is pronounced Rrr' ahss. Slight pause after the R, followed by ahss.

Rache came from the show. Why they chose it is beyond me. I can personally use either.

That's how the character's creator intended it to be pronounced. But Rahzzz flows way better.

kd-z

I half considered picking up the books for Bertram, but I was like nah non-Morrison Damian I aint about dat life

tumblr_n94u9rw9JB1qh7niko1_1280.jpg
Now that's more like it!

At least within the confines of those universes they stick to whatever pronunciation they have decided on. Fallout: New Vegas couldn't decide on Ceasar or Kai-Sar.
Wasn't that kind of the point, though? Within the confines of our universe people can't decide wheter it's Seeezar oraz Kaizar :p

Owzers

Rocket Raccoon #1 ....the art!
loved that groot wrestling match, the arena was so bright and vibrant and Rocket's dialog kept up with the vibrancy. Only downside was Rocket semi-drowning the cop's face in waste...so gross don't do that.
Another solid addition to my dcbs order list, not random 8/10.

Messi

This comic post slayed me in the figuregaf thread.

I didn't even know there was a Batwoman.

Batgirl, yes, but not a Batwoman. How long has she been around?

This iteration has been around for a while. She's also a lesbian which was news.

That's not the actual reason DC didn't allow the wedding, though. The real reason is because Dan DiDio is a fucking cunt. The story arc leading up to the proposal was great, too.

Freeza, I love you.

Zombine

Banned
This comic post slayed me in the figuregaf thread.

Freeza, I love you.

This is what it feels like when people who don't know what they are talking about chime in on things. I'm sure this is how other fandoms feel when the masses talk about their hobby. All hail lord freeza. That ain't even his final form.

Edit : oh yeah, a local newspaper said that comic fans were outraged that Thorita exists.

Messi

This is what it feels like when people who don't know what they are talking about chime in on things. I'm sure this is how other fandoms feel when the masses talk about their hobby. All hail lord freeza. That ain't even his final form.

Edit : oh yeah, a local newspaper said that comic fans were outraged that Thorita exists.

We were?

I am quite excited.

I noticed they're slowly undoing everything Lobdell did on his run basically.
Lois is working at the Daily Planet, and not a green psychic, Looks like Cat and Clark are giving up their catclark.com shit and going back to the Planet. There were some other things, specially the personality and character development. Superman isn't just a robot any more.

I think Johns is a lot like Fraction and Bendis, he tends to shine when writing a single character focused piece rather than team books.

Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism
Comic Book Resources, produced by Jonah Weiland, www.comicbookresources.com

Comics media is in a sad state of affairs when CBR is considered the best of anything but previews.

What's the fastest way to get into current IDW's Transformers comic anyway?

Most of those were for archive reprints and Artist Editions though.

More Than Meets The Eye is better than your favourite comic, COME AT ME BRO!

As the others have mentioned, get the $15 tier of the humble bundle. MTME is the best of the bundle IMO, and all you need to know is that the Autobot/Decepicon war is over, Optimus has exiled himself as he feels he is no longer needed and is only a representation of the war. Robots in Disguise and MTME start out at the same time and diverge in location and cast.

If you like MTME, I'd suggest going and reading the All Hail Megatron series as I think that directly leads into the MTME and RID series. There might be a crossover in between somewhere, but like most crossovers, it can be safely ignored.

The Transformers Reprints in the bundle are a part of Marvel's transformers continuity I think from when they had the license. I dont' have much experience with that set of stories outside of I know it has some fans from that time.

Messi:

SDCC: DC's No Boundaries Panel Spotlights "Harley Quinn," "Grayson"

Coming in October is the "Rub and Smell" "Harley Quinn Annual." "I can't remember if we talked Dan [DiDio] into it, or he talked us into it," Conner said. Palmiotti added, "We put it in a polybag so you don't rub and smell yourself in the aisle."

"We do have a villain we would like to find the right smell for," Palmiotti said, after saying that the team would meet their editor tomorrow to choose smells."

Talking about [Harley Quinn] issue #8, Conner said, "I have the sense of humor of an eleven year old boy." She, Palmiotti, and Hardin laughed quite a bit, but hinted at pages that would not be shown on the screen today.

"If we are ever all going to get fired for a book, it's this one," Hardin said.

Seeley joked that "we're trying to figure out how to use Rub and Smell for that masculine Dick Grayson scent everybody wants to get a whiff of."

"I would totally rub and smell Dick Grayson," Conner said.

Also coming up is Harley's wedding to the Joker, followed by a Power Girl team up. "And Harley cuts a nice diamond out of her shirt," Palmiotti said.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Most of those were for archive reprints and Artist Editions though.

More Than Meets The Eye is better than your favourite comic, COME AT ME BRO!

Its the closest comic out right now to the guardian of the galaxy run that inspired the upcoming movie. Shit abbnet and lanning even wrote some transformer books for a while.

Sadist

More Than Meets The Eye is amazing, more love for the series man!

Plus it has Megatron as an Autobot. Megatron! And oh Rodimus as his co-captain. And Whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom