• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'll say this, I'm far from a Star Wars fanatic. I've seen all the movies, played KOTOR 1/2, but that's about it in terms of exposure to the franchise. These upcoming on-goings, however, will be purchased for my viewing pleasure. Very excited to hear the news!

I'm in for at least two of these Star Wars books

Over under on How many issues Cassaday draws before delays

Over under on how many issues Cassaday draws before hes replaced

Art is subjective though.

Of course it is. People love Quitely's take on Superman, judging from panels posted here.

I'm just saying that if the art isn't impressive, I have very little reason to pull a comic. I'll just read a novel with better writing for my 50/50 challenge.

Zubz

Banned
Man, I really gotta get to a comic shop again soon; these're looking pretty good, but I've only been able to get dollar comics from a local Used Book shop lately...

Is the new Harley Quinn series any good, by the way? Hearing mixed feelings on it.

Messi

Man, I really gotta get to a comic shop again soon; these're looking pretty good, but I've only been able to get dollar comics from a local Used Book shop lately...

Is the new Harley Quinn series any good, by the way? Hearing mixed feelings on it.

Mixed? It's fantastic. It won gaf book of the month defeating the finale of Locke and Key.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
A Princess Leia series by Mark Waid and Terry Dobson? I'm there day one.

Also it's great that Cassaday will be involved in a non-cape series.

Where do I go to voice my anger at this news? Will she even have boob Armour or a sexual pose?

Most assuredly. I don't know if she'll be in a state of undress, as we only have the outline to go on... The only previous bishoujo that I can think of that had full body-armor was Mass Effect's Commander Shepard, but I thought she still turned out really sexy. The armor detail was ace.
99145.jpg

gerg

Most assuredly. I don't know if she'll be in a state of undress, as we only have the outline to go on... The only previous bishoujo that I can think of that had full body-armor was Mass Effect's Commander Shepard, but I thought she still turned out really sexy. The armor detail was ace.

That's sexy?!

Also, lol, boob armor.

Post-jail commentary on this week's comics:

Zero
i6P2EGLjoNGyQ.png
....best comic this week.

Storm was a really strong start....Pak surprised me.

Velvet, Red Lanterns, and Wonder Woman continue to be great.

I'm liking what Johns is doing on Superman.

ASM is about to be dropped soon

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Those Star Wars announcements are kinda boring. They've hired good talent, but there have been endless stories told between Episode 4 and 5 in comics and books over the years. Granted, the EU is being almost entirely reset, but how many new fresh ideas are there to mine in there with the big three characters?

I feel like rereading Dark Knight Returns after seeing that incredible leaked video of the teaser. I can't wait for 2 more years to get here.

Parch

I love what Dark Horse did with some of the Vader minis. He's such a badass.

I was worried about Marvel messing up the Star Wars comics so this news is encouraging. Please make it good.

Vyer

Is Man of Steel worth watching?

I like a lot of the visuals and it was nice to actually see a superman where power and action were represented. Some glorious Kryptonian vs Kryptonian power level fights and action sequences.

But the movie is lacking in a lot of ways and the writing struggles. There are some things i think Snyder was trying to pull off IMO (particularly as it relates to a common criticism of the film, the damage Superman lets the fighting inflict on the city/people) but just couldn't bring it together. It is heavily flawed.

I'm worried the same will happen for BvS. But damn if it won't look cool.

Mixed? It's fantastic. It won gaf book of the month defeating the finale of Locke and Key.

Bro, only on GAF could Harley Quinn beat out Locke and Key. One will go down as one of the best horror comic runs of all-time. The other is a hyper-sexualized court jester designed to induce boners in 15 year olds.

ReiGun

Is Man of Steel worth watching?

Your mileage will vary.

I wish I could give it a solid recommendation, but consensus is split down the middle, and even my opinion of it is basically "it's okay. I give why people love it and why people hate it."

I'm so over Superman fighting Batman. That shit peaked in 1986.
Shit's been giving us diminishing returns since TDKR, but still, some people eat it up.

Cheska

Does anyone know a place that has a collection of any DC/Marvel/Image panels from SDCC so far? Especially interested in the Batman one with Snyder, Miller, Morrison, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom