• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Can of worms
Yeah I'll look into it on my own.

So... comics! They're fun, huh? You totally should buy that Quitely artbook Messi, dude is talented AND a lovely chap. Always remember what little time I had to talk to him in a convention. *hugs the Ultraman he drew for me*

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What? There's dirt on Brian Wood from way back? Missed it somehow, sucks if true, I kinda liked the first 3 trades of DMZ...
This is kind of hilarious.

So... comics! They're fun, huh? You totally should buy that Quitely artbook Messi, dude is talented AND a lovely chap. Always remember what little time I had to talk to him in a convention. *hugs the Ultraman he drew for me*
This is awesome. Can you post it?

phoenixyz

Southern Bastards 3
Who else believes that
Earl's wife is dead and he's basically having a breakdown and still thinks she's alive? And all of his rage at the denizens of Craw is his emotional release?

Yep, I also got that vibe when he sat at the fire. It's strange that noone ever called back.

Amazon just sent me an email recommending a book to me, Graphic Ink: The DC Comics Art of Frank Quitely HC [Hardcover]. Amazon pls. Stop the trolling.
Did it also recommend this?
6334219.jpg

So, the current Tiny Titans mini is a delight. It's not often I read all my comics on the day I buy them, yet it happened today. Most of them were pretty dece' too

Messi

I am not his biggest fan. But I am glad you guys like him. That documentary about him drawing Jupiter's Legacy is fascinating.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
That's a really awesome request he took.

"Mr Quitely, can you draw me a picture of Lex Luthor cosplaying as Catwoman?"
That joke is funny because it's not true. I mean look at those shot of Lex drawn by Quitely with a comparable angle.
rhjh2On.jpg

WPt0tpm.jpg

They look alike about as much as two characters drawn by Jack Kirby do.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That joke is funny because it's not true. I mean look at those shot of Lex drawn by Quitely with a comparable angle.
rhjh2On.jpg

WPt0tpm.jpg

They look alike about as much as two characters drawn by Jack Kirby do.
Please don't use logic here. These fools are still using potato jokes everytime Quitely is mentioned.

They don't name a source, of course, but Bleeding Cool has an article up with insider numbers from the new royalties deal from DC, and why it's not a good deal for most creators.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07...-royalty-deal-is-a-bum-one-for-many-creators/

As a creator you now have to sell 60k combined units of your monthly comic before seeing a royalties payout, or 3k units for trade collections, or 15k units for OGNs. Whereas before, the thresholds for a royalties payout were 35k print units, 1 and 1 respectively.

Owzers

They don't name a source, of course, but Bleeding Cool has an article up with insider numbers from the new royalties deal from DC, and why it's not a good deal for most creators.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07...-royalty-deal-is-a-bum-one-for-many-creators/

As a creator you now have to sell 60k combined units of your comic before seeing a royalties payout, 3k for trade collections, or 15k for OGNs, whereas before the thresholds were 35k, 1 and 1 respectively.

That sounds terrible....no wonder why everyone will be on Batbooks soon :p Still going to check out Gotham Academy if it's 2.99.

ElNarez

Banned

As a creator you now have to sell 60k combined units of your monthly comic before seeing a royalties payout, or 3k units for trade collections, or 15k units for OGNs. Whereas before, the thresholds for a royalties payout were 35k print units, 1 and 1 respectively.

I'd say DC are fucked, but for all we know Marvel's plan still might be worse.

I'd say DC are fucked, but for all we know Marvel's plan still might be worse.
That was actually my first question: how this compared to Marvel's plan, and whether DC's royalties program is now worse or just bringing itself more in line with Marvel's practices under the notorious Ike Perlmutter.

Owzers

I've been debating if i really want to get vol 2 of Lemire's run next dcbs order, vol 1 was good but not great and i had a hard time being motivated to finish it.

Filthy Slug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom