• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word, stay reading Harley Quinn and the like, then.

Nah, it's usually only with series that I got into late. Not books I've been with since the ground floor. Like Fearless Defenders, for example. I started the series around the time issue #4 came out. The story wasn't anything fantastic, but some of those covers were amazing.

Would it make you happy to see my favorite series canned?

I don't know what would happen to the world if Harley Quinn got canceled. You'd have a meltdown for one.

I picked up the first trade of Pretty Deadly and man, it's pretty. Image really puts together a damn good package on the cheap.

Don't worry. Volume 2 will be full price. They just price the first volume low so they get their hooks into you.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
What's worth checking out?

The two series that I hear good things about much more than others from Valiant are Archer & Armstrong and Quantum & Woody. I just read the first issues from both of those and I thought Archer & Armstrong was just mediocre, but I really enjoyed Quantum & Woody. It's got good humor, but it also has a serious story to make it intriguing. The art is pretty great, too. I'd definitely give that one a read if I were you.

the first trades are all 10 bucks!

Yeah, true. That isn't too bad at all. I'm just a sucker for oversized hardcovers. Haha
Now that I know I really like Quantum & Woody though, I'll probably go for that deluxe hardcover whenever it comes out. Or maybe I'll just go for the TPBs. Who knows.
Edit: The TPBs are only 4 issues each... I think I'll hold off and wait for the deluxe hardcover.

Yeah, I think with Green Arrow, I was more attached the the creative team rather than the character. Probably will drop. Unless the art is jaw dropping.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Thrillkiller a Bantmang story worth reading? Thinkin' about it...

Yeah, true. That isn't too bad at all. I'm just a sucker for oversized hardcovers. Haha

I think the $9.99 trades are marketed toward the uninitiated. It's to get new readers hooked on the series. The people already reading it are already contributing to sales.

Can't wait for Velvet deluxe hardcover.

Zombine

Banned
Can't wait for Velvet deluxe hardcover.

IaLG69W.gif

Messi

Did you drop X-Men before or after the ComicsGAF hivemind decided Brian Wood is a piece of shit?

I dropped it at issue 8 or 9 before I knew about any of that stuff or anything about him tbh. It was average all the way up to that point so I dropped it and started getting Uncanny.

samueeL

Banned
So first they take Flash with amazing art away and now they take GA away with even more amazing art and great writing... sigh. :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So first they take Flash with amazing art away and now they take GA away with even more amazing art and great writing... sigh. :(
I mean, aside from the pretty pictures, that Flash run was pure doo-doo. The new Detective run however, that's some pretty good stuff.

All New X-Factor has been pretty solid until now but the current arc with Georgia Dakei has left me cold. Fortunately Gambit's antics have saved these last 2-3 issues for me. Plus Carmine on art... so good.

samueeL

Banned
But now we have two Batman books with amazing art. Batman and Detective.
Indeed, something positive at least! Though long wait till Detective Trade, not sure if I wanna pick up the earlier ones before Manapul and Buccellato... How's the Flash with new creative team? Trade waiting so I have no idea.

Messi

Indeed, something positive at least! Though long wait till Detective Trade, not sure if I wanna pick up the earlier ones before Manapul and Buccellato... How's the Flash with new creative team? Trade waiting so I have no idea.

You don't need to. I didn't and I am not lost. They seem to start freshish

DC writers with projects to give.

Scott Snyder - Superman Unchained ending.
Jeff Lemire - GA Ending
Jimmy Palmiotti - A few books ended.
Matt Kidnt - was writing JLA and Suicide Squad.

DC artist with projects to give.

Andrea Sorrentino
Doug Mahnke
Jim Lee - his ongoing days are probably over though.
Who else.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Jeff Lemire - GA Ending

Andrea Sorrentino
Doug Mahnke
Who else.
I'm pretty sure the Superman Unchained scripts have been done for a while, and Scott Snyder either needs to actually write some of Batman Eternal or stick with his current writing gigs.

Messi

Jeff Lemire - GA Ending

Andrea Sorrentino
Doug Mahnke
Who else.

What's Dini up to now?

I hear Ann Nocenti will be out of work soon
fingers crossed
. So she could do a new book. Maybe spoiler or Cass?

Damn. Just put Palmiotti on Catwoman. Let a man dream.

Can't say I'm sad about Green Arrow.

Reading Grells run during the wait between issues made me realize a young Ollie just isn't good enough

I'm pretty sure the Superman Unchained scripts have been done for a while, and Scott Snyder either needs to actually write some of Batman Eternal or stick with his current writing gigs.

It's a pipe dream. I would hope he would just write another character in the Bat universe. I think he is the unofficial architect of it anyways. Both longtime Bat editors left this year on good terms. Then they bring in Snyders editor for AmpVamp and The Wake to run the Batverse.

Freeze would I like GOTG? I Just bought trial of jean grey because I am reading all new.

If Marvel cosmic is something you have an interest in, definitely. Check out the first trade. You'll have to put up with Tony Stark for a few issues, but it's a good intro. The Trial of Jean Grey issues are definitely the best issues so far, though. I don't quite know if that's due to the GotG characters, or having retro X-Men in the Marvel cosmic scene.

Messi

If Marvel cosmic is something you have an interest in, definitely. Check out the first trade. You'll have to put up with Tony Stark for a few issues, but it's a good intro. The Trial of Jean Grey issues are definitely the best issues so far, though. I don't quite know if that's due to the GotG characters, or having retro X-Men in the Marvel cosmic scene.

I still need to read the 4th? Trade of All New before cracking open the trial.

ReiGun

Jeff Lemire - GA Ending

Andrea Sorrentino
Doug Mahnke
Who else.
Look at all these people they could have put on Wonder Woman...

Look at all these people they could have put on Wonder Woman...

Which reminds me:

Brian Azzerello
Cliff Chiang
Other guy on WW

Also:

@ales_kot: Right now, to me, Zero #9 feels like the most important mainstream comic book that will come out in 2014.

Hype?

Zombine

Banned
The first few issues of Wood's X-Men are fantastic. I also enjoy the art quite a bit. My favorite moment in the book was when Wolverine and Jub's shared those feels...then battle of the atom happened. Even if I still secretly pull the book, I can hate Wood for being a douche.

Star Wars sucks though.

Filthy Slug

The first few issues of Wood's X-Men are fantastic. I also enjoy the art quite a bit. My favorite moment in the book was when Wolverine and Jub's shared those feels...then battle of the atom happened. Even if I still secretly pull the book, I can hate Wood for being a douche.

Star Wars sucks though.
Haha, you're on fire with these jokes today, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom