• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
I get the feeling lots of people will be unhappy Lemire is leaving. Didn't he save that book from the flaming wreckage Queen Nocenti left it trapped in?

He totally did! It's a great book, which is why I'm kinda bummed, but it seems like they want to bring back some of that old-school bearded loudly leftist Ollie, and I'm all for that?

Lombaszko

Lemire and Sorrentino leaving Green Arrow
iFxrOAxpmVxga.gif

No one talking about oringal Sin? nick fury being a badass. plusn SHIELD call backs

I like how, before the series started, people were talking about Nick Fury taking the place of the Watcher.
When he was basically a more active version of the Watcher all along.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is Rise of the Magi good?

I got that, along with Trees, and I'm starting Saga at #20 (issue wise, I would like to get all the issues but for now I'll read the trades and start the issues at #20).

ReAxion

I like how, before the series started, people were talking about Nick Fury taking the place of the Watcher.
When he was basically a more active version of the Watcher all along.

If he is, I'm never gonna stop bringing up that he only got one eye.

As said by all, Moon Knight was fantastic this week.

If he is, I'm never gonna stop bringing up that he only got one eye.

I was half expecting Nick Fury to have the Watcher's other eye bulging out from under his eyepatch, honestly and trying to play it off as an infection.

Okay, not really. But I did think for a moment that it would be a funny way to find it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damn, Lemire and Sorrentino's Green Arrow run is ending. And their last issue is the Futures End tie-in. How weird. I assume then #34 wraps up their main story.

I wonder what they'll do next, whether individually or together.

Very disappointed that the Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow series is coming to an end.

Same here. God damn it, this just sucks. Atleast we got a solid 18 issues out of them.

New writers don't interest me with their pitch at all:
”We really want to bring the old-school Oliver Queen voice back to the character. In other words, the opinionated, liberal Robin Hood-esque hero that has fall through the cracks a bit,” Sokolowski told LATimes’ Blake Hennon in an announcement interview. “Our goal with this comic is to make it an echo of the TV series. It’s a way to bridge the two universes. That being said, we’re not trying to make this “Arrow: The Comic.” That’s what the digital tie-ins are for.”
They really don't want me to continue on it seems...

ReAxion

I'm starting Saga at #20 (issue wise, I would like to get all the issues but for now I'll read the trades and start the issues at #20).

You mean start reading at #20? The arc starts at #19. I really recommend starting from the beginning tho.

I was half expecting Nick Fury to have the Watcher's other eye bulging out from under his eyepatch, honestly and trying to play it off as an infection.

Okay, not really. But I did think for a moment that it would be a funny way to find it.

Could be an Ant-man line, at least!

See what happens? I join In on the DC fun and all the books I like are changing creative teams.

Very disappointed that the Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow series is coming to an end.

Join me in my Dinghy of DC Distrust!
I only really liked Green Arrow :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
At least those books are still around. When I start reading something all the cool kids are into, it usually just gets canceled.

Word, stay reading Harley Quinn and the like, then.

The Rocket Raccoon and Groot novel is already out at comic shops. I stopped by the shop and saw it and I was gonna buy it, but it's $25. I'll just order it online lol

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
You mean start reading at #20? The arc starts at #19. I really recommend starting from the beginning tho.

No, I'm gonna start from the beginning -- just start collecting the issues at 20. I would like to get all the issues at some point but that may prove difficult.

ReAxion

No, I'm gonna start from the beginning -- just start collecting the issues at 20. I would like to get all the issues at some point but that may prove difficult.

Oh, okay. I did the same thing, starting at .... I think 12? Read all digital til then and finally decided I needed to hold that art.

Wiktor

Very dissapointed with Green Arrow news. Love the Lemire's run and currently it became my favorite running superhero comics. I was hoping for years of more. I wonder what happened. Did something got screwed up behind the scenes? I remember Lemire mentioning he had plans for introducing his take on Merlyn.

Messi

First issue goes for $150-200 on eBay. Sliding scale down after that. So yeah.

That #8 cover though. I need to own that someday.

Owzers

i'd read a Morrison/Quitely book about Lex cosplaying as Catwoman.

Almost done with Unwritten vol 6, things got really rapey really fast.

so fucking great

The new run on the series has Oliver back in Seattle, his hometown in the comics, and dealing with a new mystery woman. While the pair plan to bring in some elements of Arrow (Lemire and Sorrentino already introduced the character John Diggle from that show into comic book continuity), they want to look at the character’s comic book history for their run, too.

”We really want to bring the old-school Oliver Queen voice back to the character. In other words, the opinionated, liberal Robin Hood-esque hero that has fall through the cracks a bit,” Sokolowski told LATimes’ Blake Hennon in an announcement interview. “Our goal with this comic is to make it an echo of the TV series. It’s a way to bridge the two universes. That being said, we’re not trying to make this “Arrow: The Comic.” That’s what the digital tie-ins are for.”

Y'know what, I'm down. I haven't read any Lemire/Sorrentino GA but I actually don't mind making it more like Arrow. I've been watching that show and it made me wanna read some Green Arrow comics. I do plan on picking up the Lemire/Sorrentino stuff in trade though, and it looks like it'll have a good 3-4 TPs. I just hope it'll be good.

First issue goes for $150-200 on eBay. Sliding scale down after that. So yeah.

That #8 cover though. I need to own that someday.
oh what. shit, i'm Ebaying my Saga issues.

Vibranium

Banned
I really don't know why the tumblr crowd is freaking out about The Falcon thing in Captain America when apparently Marvel actually confirmed somewhere that
Jet is an adult female by now.

Anyways, I hate to say it, but I am beginning to lose some patience with his run, I'm tired of Fury Junior showing up for no reason (other to push someone nobody cares about) and the world once again complaining about SHIELD in randomly named countries (seriously, writers should man up and use real names or the existing Marvel ones). Hopefully Red Skull and Zola do some crazy stuff, with some big developments. I'm kind of hoping Remender wraps it up by next year so everything is nicely finished.

Zombine

Banned
Rocket Raccoon looked great as expected and the story was solid. Not "LOL" funny or anything, just a good start.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All Valiant #1s are free on comixology for a limited time.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been really curious about Valiant's stuff for a long time now, but their deluxe hardcovers are a little too pricey for me to blind buy. I'll definitely be checking out a lot of the series.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hXpc4n9cc

DC should just admit the tension is there and make it canon

I really don't know why the tumblr crowd is freaking out about The Falcon thing in Captain America when apparently Marvel actually confirmed somewhere that
Jet is an adult female by now.

Anyways, I hate to say it, but I am beginning to lose some patience with his run, I'm tired of Fury Junior showing up for no reason (other to push someone nobody cares about) and the world once again complaining about SHIELD in randomly named countries (seriously, writers should man up and use real names or the existing Marvel ones). Hopefully Red Skull and Zola do some crazy stuff, with some big developments. I'm kind of hoping Remender wraps it up by next year so everything is nicely finished.

everything is leading up to axis though, arguably Hickman and Remender need to slow their writing down to fit Marvel's time tabe since axis and Infinity pt 2 are the next two major company events.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been really curious about Valiant's stuff for a long time now, but their deluxe hardcovers are a little too pricey for me to blind buy. I'll definitely be checking out a lot of the series.

the first trades are all 10 bucks!

PsychBat!

Banned
everything is leading up to axis though, arguably Hickman and Remender need to slow their writing down to fit Marvel's time tabe since axis and Infinity pt 2 are the next two major company events.

Pretty sure Remender's event won't affect the MU in any significant way. Axis is going to be like Uncanny Avengers in that there won't be anything consequential afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom