• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Probably old news but saw IGN had more of DC selfies variants and loved the Deadman one

justldcv34selfievarjpg-8dd95f_960w.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
First time with it Kipp? It's a pretty great series, I really like it. I like how concise it is too, just a nice run that does what it sets out to do. Not too short, not too long.

Yep, it'll be my first time reading it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm really looking forward to it!

Yep, it'll be my first time reading it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm trying to think man, it might be my favourite thing Bru did at Marvel. Obviously, I love Cap and owe a huge debt to it as it was one of the main books that brought me back into comics while simultaneously broadening my horizons in a big way. However, it's very lnog and some of the steve post-death stuff is very blah. I liked Winter Soldier but it barely got out of first gear during the three volumes he did (while Latour came in and killed it in one, just to be cancelled). Daredevil is great but painfully requires reading a lot of Bendis' run to get the emotional gravitas of some important moments. Yup, I think that Bru/Fraction run is pretty much perfect. Small, self contained, perfect. Not a patch on Criminal however :p

Sadist

Holy crap

New Avengers #21

Sweet baby jesus!
First Strange is out of control, Black Panther debates on and on with his sucky ancestors (man, those Black Panthers are dicks) and they demand T'Challa would do something about Namor. The latter doing what they want was kind of funny. Namor is icecold though.

Uncanny Avengers #22

Now here's one end of a story arc I actually like. Damn that was awesome.
Shiro loves transformations doesn't he? I absolutely loved Havoc's battle with Kang, that was some serious ass kicking. And well... enough stuff to talk about. Rogue absorbed Wonder Man whole? Alex x Janet still a thing? And the Apocalypse twins surviving because of Reaper and Daken?
Awesome. Uncanny Avengers is without a doubt my favourite Marvel book next to Ms. Marvel.

Kipp

I'm trying to think man, it might be my favourite thing Bru did at Marvel. Obviously, I love Cap and owe a huge debt to it as it was one of the main books that brought me back into comics while simultaneously broadening my horizons in a big way. However, it's very lnog and some of the steve post-death stuff is very blah. I liked Winter Soldier but it barely got out of first gear during the three volumes he did (while Latour came in and killed it in one, just to be cancelled). Daredevil is great but painfully requires reading a lot of Bendis' run to get the emotional gravitas of some important moments. Yup, I think that Bru/Fraction run is pretty much perfect. Small, self contained, perfect. Not a patch on Criminal however :p

Awesome!
And Criminal has been a book that's been very high on my list of things to read for a while now but I just haven't gotten around to buying the hardcovers. Hopefully I'll get those in the near future.

Deprive

New Avengers #21
Well Damn Namor... lol no way something doesn't happen to Namor before Hickman's run is up. Felt bad for the not-justice league.

frye

Uncanny Avengers continues to own and also be really good at making me want to see what happens next

motherfuckin shiro

and rogue

and havok/jonah hex

PsychBat!

Banned
Damn it, I never really liked Uncanny Avengers but did I just eat a huge amount of crow or what?

New Avengers #21
I think Hickman has much bigger plans than Remender at this point.

Are there any stories that feature both Punisher and Ghost Rider? If so, are they on Marvel Unlimited? Bonus points if Venom or the X-Men are involved

Batman Eternal was actually pretty cool. Now that Ray Fawkes has had some time to develop his story, it's pretty cool seeing it unfold.

Unless an explanation has been established elsewhere I had problems with the idea that

Batman was held by Blackfire for a week and yet no one ever removed his mask to find out his identity.

Not unique to this story, of course, but I would prefer writers avoid that situation altogether unless they have a really good explanation in hand.

Are there any stories that feature both Punisher and Ghost Rider? If so, are they on Marvel Unlimited? Bonus points if Venom or the X-Men are involved
There's Hearts of Darkness by Mackie/Romita. It has Wolverine too. It's old though so I'm not sure it's on Unlimited.

Otherwise, there's Circle of Four with Ghost Rider, Venom, Red Hulk and X23 I think. No Punisher though, this might be on unlimited.

New Avengers ch21

God. Damn.
Namor, Strange, and Black Bolt.
I think I need to ly dow

Yeah, the first few pages broke my fanboy heart.
Those three are now beyond salvation
. It get's harder and harder to see how the characters Hickman writes in NA are able to do what they do in other books.
Tony, T'challa and Reed breaking down was great. They could not do it in the end

New Avengers #21
Well Damn Namor... lol no way something doesn't happen to Namor before Hickman's run is up. Felt bad for the not-justice league.

I love how all the bit's an pieces of prophecy and all the grandstanding comes back to haunt the characters. It hurt's to see both sides that helpless and all the characters that desperate.
When the chips come down, some of those choices are impossible ones and Hickman captured that really well.

Just started reading X-Force on Marvel Unlimited.

I knew Wolverine and other mutans were killers but I didn't know they were this hardcore, god damn.

There's a sequel to Hearts of Darkness called The Dark Design as well. Serious nostalgia just thinking about those, remember getting them in the old Wolverine Unleashed UK reprint books.

Oh, rad. It looks like i'm gonna have to add some stuff to my next IST order, as Ghost Rider offerings on MU are unfortunately limited :/

This page with the art credits from the Immortal Iron Fist collection is too hilarious:

Oh Aja...

I'm really enjoying it so far though!

Uh. It wasn't Aja's idea to have a different artist do every flashback sequence.

Crack open a Iron Fist much? It don't sound like ya do!

#BestShow

Awesome!
And Criminal has been a book that's been very high on my list of things to read for a while now but I just haven't gotten around to buying the hardcovers. Hopefully I'll get those in the near future.

Aw it's great man. I don't have the HCs but the icon paperbacks are great quality and even look nice on a shelf beside his image trades, nice white spines all around. I need to do a nice reread of them, but I love Bad Night, & Last Of The Innocent is an epic archie deconstruction haha compelling and fascinating stuff.

We interrupt comic book day for Dustin Nguyen art book and sketch day
Been waiting one month for this <3

That's awesome man ,gotta love Nguyen. Read my kid an issue of L'il Gotham as a bedtime story tonight actually, and hotly anticipating Descender.

Posted a smaller snippet of thing pic before, but just found the full thing. Super excited for this guys, Rumble, by Arcudi & Harren later this year at Image:

Kipp

I think I need to buy some new shelves sometime soon... Just did a bit of rearranging because the shelving situation is getting pretty dire. Big Damn Sin City and Colossal Conan take up so much space, especially since I'm too scared to have them sitting on the shelf vertically because I'm afraid the 10 pounds of pages being pulled down by gravity will destroy the binding.
And on top of that, I'm pretty sure my oversized hardcover shelf is bending down a little in the middle.

Uh. It wasn't Aja's idea to have a different artist do every flashback sequence.

Crack open a Iron Fist much? It don't sound like ya do!

#BestShow

tbf in some of the later issues he fell behind cuz he had a kid.

Ah, wasn't aware of either of these things. Fair enough. :p

Posted a smaller snippet of thing pic before, but just found the full thing. Super excited for this guys, Rumble, by Arcudi & Harren later this year at Image:

I'm really excited about that too, and I haven't even read BPRD yet!

ReAxion

That's awesome man ,gotta love Nguyen. Read my kid an issue of L'il Gotham as a bedtime story tonight actually, and hotly anticipating Descender.

I have a note in my phone from one of the Image panels that just says "Descender"

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
New Avengers:

I love how Namor's entire reason for being on the Illuminati is he's the dick that will do all the dickish things. Thats it. Atlantis aint what it was, its not like his power-set is insane or he has incredible inventions. Need dicketry? Get Namor on the horn.

Uncanny Avengers:

I liked this ending, although its been one hell of a sloppy ride getting here with the usual bullshit time-travel and slightly too messy action.
Sunfire power up is a good one as his new look overrides his terrible costume. Rogue potentially getting her old power-set back (flight and super strength is a wise ass move to making her a useful MU character again. Scarlet Witch x Rogue x Simon summoning threesome is how this rolls out too B) Not a fan of the loose ends with FUTURE DAUGHTER lost in the mix, scarred Havok, Kang legging it with his Xanatos Gambit activated and all the annoying new Horsemen surviving (other than Banshee?)

Uncanny X-Men:

Bendis is now at Slott level of bollocks. He must be stopped at all costs.

Zombine

Banned
$50 week with some high profile books today. I would honestly be shocked if Velvet is my #1 of the month. It could get buried by Vertigo today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom