• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that Star-Lord #1 and Rocket #1 were on Marvel unlimited. That's kinda weird, right? Do they do that with number 1s sometimes?

fauxtrot

Banned
I just saw that Star-Lord #1 and Rocket #1 were on Marvel unlimited. That's kinda weird, right? Do they do that with number 1s sometimes?

Well, shit. I broke my no-Marvel-pulls rule w/ RR #1 (it was worth it, at least)... guess I'll check out Star-Lord for the hell of it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Zero is double shipping this month, #9 was delayed.
Unlike previous issues, I don't know which artists are on 9 and 10, so this month is going to be surprisingly awesome.

tim1138

Unlike previous issues, I don't know which artists are on 9 and 10, so this month is going to be surprisingly awesome.

I dunno who is on #10, but #9 is Tonci Zonjic. This is the issue I've been waiting for since Kot announced the locations for the second arc.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yes, my order of Atomic Robo: Vol 8 finally shipped. Can't wait for all that Dr Dinosaur action!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Moon Knight was actually pretty good this week, nice Raid rip off, good fighting.

This week's Moon Knight was so fucking good that even Jedeye had to say a decent thing about it.

I think, at this point, Declan Shalvey draws the best dudes getting messed up.
That one guy who got his ankle fucked and then his back broken...ruthless.

Zombine

Banned
Are you still telling jokes now or?

I'm dead serious. I was just as skeptical about it as all the other Miller haters. So far it's been incredibly charming with a very fun main character.

Even better, the bad guy only rapes like four people because he's bad, you know.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm dead serious. I was just as skeptical about it as all the other Miller haters. So far it's been incredibly charming with a very fun main character.

Even better, the bad guy only rapes like four people because he's bad, you know.

A friend of mine told me that Starlight was pretty great, but I was too weary of Millar to give it a honest shot. Maybe I'll try it this weekend. Is it ongoing or a limited series?

Zombine

Banned
A friend of mine told me that Starlight was pretty great, but I was too weary of Millar to give it a honest shot. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend. Is it ongoing or a limited series?

Seems to be an ongoing, but it is genuinely charming and a lot of fun. Geriatric Flash Gordon.

Bii

I'm holding off on buying Rocket Raccoon until I get to SDCC so I can get the variant covers.

Ah man, I had typed out quite a bit of text for the following issues below but my son switched off the power supply, and I didn't save the text file. :/ So, here's the quick notes version.

Superman/Wonder Woman #9

14565527441_9a0f90f9d6_o.jpg

14568912565_88abbddab0_o.jpg
14382458267_7c4a40f04b_o.jpg

Bought it for the Bombshells cover.
A lot of action, Wonder Woman beasting.
Supergirl and Guy Gardner are Red Lanterns now?
I'm now interested to see how the Red Lanterns will handle Superman.

-

Saga #20

14568912365_49496c457a_o.jpg

14382276678_e0bff6fdc2_o.jpg
14382457897_dbcab5e3c5_o.jpg

First/last pages are so good.
Alana's high. :]
The janitor's story and how it ended.

-

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #2

14568912045_02691e3238_o.jpg

14382457787_bf124de4a8_o.jpg
14565526811_2a0a554534_o.jpg

A lot of nothing is happening.
Ganke's a smart kid.
I really don't care for the "Spider Men".

So, who wants the Marvel digital code to Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #2? First person to post in this thread requesting it will get my PM.

Vibranium

Banned
Thor is the secret best marvel book .

No secret, it is amazing with beautiful imagery.

I hate Roz though, she just reads like any other snarky human SHIELD character. I want mah Sif to be fully featured as a partner to Thor, instead of being in the background. Aaron should get on that after the Thor and Loki mini (he did say she would get some focus eventually...)

Zombine

Banned
I'm holding off on buying Rocket Raccoon until I get to SDCC so I can get the variant covers.

Ah man, I had typed out quite a bit of text for the following issues below but my son switched off the power supply, and I didn't save the text file. :/ So, here's the quick notes version.

Superman/Wonder Woman #9

-

Saga #20

-

Ganke's a smart kid.

So, who wants the Marvel digital code to Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #2? First person to post in this thread requesting it will get my PM.

I just realized that you are sort of like the Terry Richardson of comic photography.

Zombine

Banned
I'll take that as a compliment? And for the record, I do keep my pants on during these shoots. For the most part.

Yeah I was sitting there after saying that and I was like "I hope he knows I'm talking about composition."

Lol sorry brother. I'd let you take my pic though.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I don't think I realized that Saga is only $2.99 still. Image putting Marvel and DC to shame.

I have come to realise that I only pull comic books that I don't want to read. As in, i'm pulling Batman Eternal instead of Batman and the like because I know I'll eventually get those in volumes if I wait long enough.

But then it leaves me reading Batman Eternal which is alright, it's just no Batman.

Zombine

Banned
Just placed my order for Martha Washington. So damn excited to read it. I also made a YOLO purchase and picked up Cinder and Ashe. No idea what to expect to be honest.

Filthy Slug

I have come to realise that I only pull comic books that I don't want to read. As in, i'm pulling Batman Eternal instead of Batman and the like because I know I'll eventually get those in volumes if I wait long enough.

But then it leaves me reading Batman Eternal which is alright, it's just no Batman.

The good news is you got that Ian Bertram and Tim Seeley issue. The bad news is...every other issue.

i feel like you should've probably done it the other way around, because the Batman Eternal trade is gonna be like $40 for 20 issues

Superman/Wonder Woman #9

-

Saga #20

-

Ganke's a smart kid.

You're the one who always takes these amazing pics, yeah?

How?

I wanna :(

i feel like you should've probably done it the other way around, because the Batman Eternal trade is gonna be like $40 for 20 issues

Yeah but I know that I won't buy the Batman Eternal trade because (and just quietly) it's not very good.
It is a fun distraction though. Something to tie me over.

Kipp

Just placed my order for Martha Washington. So damn excited to read it. I also made a YOLO purchase and picked up Cinder and Ashe. No idea what to expect to be honest.

YESSSS. I'm so excited that you're so excited to read it. Can't wait to hear what you think.

And I was also thinking about blindly picking up Cinder and Ashe after seeing it recommended by someone here a couple days ago. I'd definitely appreciate hearing your thoughts about that once you read it!

Zombine

Banned
YESSSS. I'm so excited that you're so excited to read it. Can't wait to hear what you think.

And I was also thinking about blindly picking up Cinder and Ashe after seeing it recommended by someone here a couple days ago. I'd definitely appreciate hearing your thoughts about that once you read it!

Yup I knew you would be excited lol. If all goes well it should be in on Monday. Cinder & Ashe was so damn cheap I couldn't turn it down. It's like $7 on IST.

Kipp

Yup I knew you would be excited lol. If all goes well it should be in on Monday. Cinder & Ashe was so damn cheap I couldn't turn it down. It's like $7 on IST.

Oh wow. I even saw it on IST but I don't think I noticed it was that cheap. If I was putting together an order, I'd throw it in, but alas, I am not.
I'm sort of tempted to but an order together with the first Hellboy Library Edition (been wanting that for forever) and the first Hellblazer trade, but since I just put an order together last week and I'm planning to get the Doom Patrol omnibus at the end of the month, I should probably take it easy. Haha

Edit: Oh geez... And today is the last day of my extra 2% discount too... I'm the most frugal person I know, but IST is my achilles heel. But no, I'll hold strong. Probably.

I'm trying to get all the best Bat books. Just picked up Batman by Doug Moench and Kelly Jones which would have been my 13-15 years olds selfs Batman. But then I ordered Batman Birth of the Demon and Batman Venom tonight.

YESSSSS

Can't wait to hear what you think of MW, we're gonna get a train going on this book

So what's the verdict on Star-Lord, comicgaf?
Edit: never mind I accidentally bought it lol

Spoilers for Justice League and Batman Eternal that are older than a month.

Wait a minute! What if, what if! The person pulling all the strings in Batman Eternal is Lex Luthor. I saw a tweet tonight from Geoff Johns saying that Justice League was going to be about them for the near future. Then that made me think, where does the events of Justice League and Batman Eternal run along the timeline. Then that made me think about the first issue in which the person that had Bruce tied up knew he was Batman. Just like Lex knows now.

I remember months ago Johns and Snyder talked on Twitter about meeting to talk about the future of the DCU. Hmmmmm? Too obvious?

Bii

You're the one who always takes these amazing pics, yeah?

How?

I wanna :(

Proper lighting and a very white counter.

More or less. Most of it comes from post-processing. :)

I don't think I realized that Saga is only $2.99 still. Image putting Marvel and DC to shame.

Every time I pick up my floppies from my LCS, and the guy behind the counter is separating my comics by prices, I often catch myself surprised at how great of a deal Saga is at $2.99. Heck, most Image books are $3.50 and I still find it surprising that it hasn't increased in price, relative to the quality of it.

Damn, no love for Miles Morales! This is the longest I've seen one of Bii's free comic giveaways go unclaimed.

It took nearly a week or so for someone to grab Original Sin #4 from me. Not sure if that one was overlooked or because no one really wanted it.

Superman/Wonder Woman #9

-

Saga #20

-

Ganke's a smart kid.

Wait did no one claim this? I'll take it!

Action Comics was kinda boring this week. It wasn't bad but it wasn't interesting either.

Superman Unchained was damn gorgeous to looks at. Jim Lee did not phone it in. Story was fun. It wasn't amazing or anything but it was fun action to follow. This is Snyders Michael Bay film.

Edit. Comics of the week:

1. Nailbiter 3
2. Moon Knight 5
3. Green Arrow 33

OMG can everyone stop quoting the Bii post! I'm on mobile right now and I don't feel like scrolling down for 15 years. :p

Also, Bii should put his pics in quotes so they don't get auto-quoted. People are too lazy to delete the img urls from the quoted segment on their own.

That's all. Carry on.

Action Comics was kinda boring this week. It wasn't bad but it wasn't interesting either.

Superman Unchained was damn gorgeous to looks at. Jim Lee did not phone it in. Story was fun. It wasn't amazing or anything but it was fun action to follow. This is Snyders Michael Bay film.

Yeah Action Comics this week had the same effect on me :(

Also Superman Unchained caught me by surprise because I totally forgot that it isn't part of the Superman Doomed storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom