• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

OMG can everyone stop quoting the Bii post! I'm on mobile right now and I don't feel like scrolling down for 15 years. :p

Also, Bii should put his pics in quotes so they don't get auto-quoted. People are too lazy to delete the img urls from the quoted segment on their own.

That's all. Carry on.

Oops, my bad. <3

You guys seen these SDCC variants?

HARLEYSD_Cv1_SDCCvar_53b4084a77d243.32929081.jpg

BM_Cv32_SDCC_Var_53b40833a13a93.79608237.jpg

I will probably have to grab both.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oops, my bad. <3

BM_Cv32_SDCC_Var_53b40833a13a93.79608237.jpg

I will probably have to grab both.

Really cool Harley Quinn cover.

Really lazy Batman cover.

reading alan moores swamp thing atm

shits good

recently read his marvelman (awesome) and captain britain (meh, decent)

got an iPad this things pretty cool for comix

Bii

They both look rad. The Harley variant is by Conner, yes?

It sure is.

Really cool Harley Quinn cover.

Really lazy Batman cover.

I'm a sucker for Capullo art.

Per Freezasaurus request, I'm wrapping it up this time around. As a matter of fact, double wrapped for double the protection!

Punisher #7

I've started to become uninterested in Edmondson's Punisher. The plot is simple and straight-forward but maybe I'm expecting more than that? Also, I may be the only one to have this problem but I had a difficult time distinguishing Frank from that other guy. The only way I could tell who was who was by their hair (Frank's is slick). :/ As always, the explosions and firefights are so pretty to look at. I'm hanging on until the Black Widow crossover before I decide to take it off my pull list.

Who wants the Marvel digital code to Punisher #7? First person to reply requesting it gets my PM.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It sure is.

Per Freezasaurus request, I'm wrapping it up this time around. As a matter of fact, double wrapped for double the protection!

Punisher #7

I've started to become uninterested in Edmondson's Punisher. The plot is simple and straight-forward but maybe I'm expecting more than that? Also, I may be the only one to have this problem but I had a difficult time distinguishing Frank from that other guy. The only way I could tell who was who was by their hair (Frank's is slick). :/ As always, the explosions and firefights are so pretty to look at. I'm hanging on until the Black Widow crossover before I decide to take it off my pull list.

Who wants the Marvel digital code to Punisher #7? First person to reply requesting it gets my PM.

I would like to have it^^

Dalek

Can these massive photos be put in quotes for those of us on mobile? I wish there was a way to collapse it for those of us that want to skip it-almost like a "spoiler" tag so if you wanted to view it you could tap the box.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can these massive photos be put in quotes for those of us on mobile? I wish there was a way to collapse it for those of us that want to skip it-almost like a "spoiler" tag so if you wanted to view it you could tap the box.

Browse to m.neogaf.com and scroll down the page until you see the menu point "Preferences". You can disable Photos, GIFs, Avatars, etc. and have the option to see them in a similar way you described ;)

Dalek

Browse to m.neogaf.com and scroll down the page until you see the menu point "Preferences". You can disable Photos, GIFs, Avatars, etc. and have the option to see them in a similar way you described ;)

Thanks, brother. It works!!!!

Incidentally I just read this weeks Captain America and it's so good. I know I'm late to speculation, but isn't it pretty obvious who the dude making a beeline to the Mansion is?

Messi

Oops, my bad. <3

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/styles/578x_post_detail/public/BM_Cv32_SDCC_Var_53b40833a13a93.79608237.jpg[/img

I will probably have to grab both.[/QUOTE]

Gah, I'd love to have the Conner harley one.

Hellers

I'm trying to work my way through a lot of the X-Men from the start. I'm quite enjoying myself. Couple of things I noticed.

Prof X is a complete dick.
Why does Magneto have mental powers?
When did Prof X losing his ability to walk get retconned from Lucifer to Magneto?

I loled at them calling Marvel Girl's telekenesis "Teleportation"

Has Unas the untouchable been used recently?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Caught up on the fourth trade of Manhattan Projects. HICKMAN YOU GLORIOUS COCKTEASE!

*don't read that spoiler if you didn't read the series up to that point/are interested in reading it one day*
aka "I'm going to resolve that Infinite Oppenheimers plot thread and at the moment you're cheering for him imma put a bullet in his head. Also, Einstein The Barbarian

This series went crazy, in a good way it seems.

Tizoc

Moon Knight #5 was great indeed, though I kinda didn't like
how murderous he was in it, then again I liked Vengeance of the Moon Knight a lot

Southern Bastards #3
fuckers are gonna get wasted in the next issue

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Caught up on the fourth trade of Manhattan Projects. HICKMAN YOU GLORIOUS COCKTEASE!

*don't read that spoiler if you didn't read the series up to that point/are interested in reading it one day*
aka "I'm going to resolve that Infinite Oppenheimers plot thread and at the moment you're cheering for him imma put a bullet in his head. Also, Einstein The Barbarian

This series went crazy, in a good way it seems.

Yeah I read this last weekend too, was so good! So much I didn't expect. The alien was totally hilarious, that page with Einstein literally made me woop and gasp and laugh at the same time... it's so much fun. Sometimes I don't think Hickman knows where it's going, and other times it's so assured and confident. I'd love to see how Hickman plots his books.

Chinner

Banned
It sure is.

Punisher #7

Publisher 7 & 8 are by a guest writer and artist

clockpunk

Really pleased that Injustic has switched to weekly releases for the next few months - and that year three will follow immediately afterwards. Really enjoyable series that resulted from the videogame.

Even if the
superpowers pill
concept in the story is a rather weak aspect, but then that also gave us
Super Alfred's vengeance

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Publisher 7 & 8 are by a guest writer and artist

Still Edmonson writing on the cover isn't it? Guest/rotating artists are par for the course in modern comics btw, hardly anyone can do monthly any more.

But yeah I agree with Bii, I'm not feeling this run so much. I like how grounded it is, but it's pretty slow and light on the surprises. It feels like a b-tier shooter.

Zombine

Banned
Why not just wait for the trades? It's almost finished, might as well wait a bit longer for a nice book with no ads.

When is that trade out? October? My initial thought process was to wait for that and pick the book up again when it's over.

I was talking about picking It up digitally at this point just to catch up.

Messi

Why not just wait for the trades? It's almost finished, might as well wait a bit longer for a nice book with no ads.

When is that trade out? October? My initial thought process was to wait for that and pick the book up again when it's over.

The first trade is out. Second trade is out in October.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Well if you're made of money :p I guess that third trade is a super damn long wait, I wouldn't blame you for double dipping. Is gud.

Messi

Well, the first Hardcover is out.

If you are waiting for paper back with DC's release schedule you are a stronger man than me.

Ah I see what I did. I wrote trade not paperback. Sorry.

People are taking pre-orders on eBay for the Harley Quinn comicon sketch cover. $25. Seriously guys?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Moon Knight #5 was great indeed, though I kinda didn't like
how murderous he was in it, then again I liked Vengeance of the Moon Knight a lot

Southern Bastards #3
fuckers are gonna get wasted in the next issue

Yo, don't kidnap girls in NY after dark and you won't get your
ankle broken
followed by a
banister backbreaker
Also, he wasn't really murderous, but efficient.

And for Southern Bastards, god damn do I get hungry reading that comic. Fuckers even threw in a fried apple pie recipe at the end.

Cade

Hmm, reading this thread reminded me I'm about a third or so of the way through Bone, but I got caught up reading Real Books Without Pictures Like a Legitimate Adult. It has reminded me that I am super into comics that are just one big adventure that have a distinct beginning and end, though, like Y and Preacher.
Anyone else have good suggestions for comics in that genre? I've read a couple others (Ex Machina, started but didn't enjoy DMZ, etc) but I'm always open for more. I might just end up re-reading Y.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hmm, reading this thread reminded me I'm about a third or so of the way through Bone, but I got caught up reading Real Books Without Pictures Like a Legitimate Adult. It has reminded me that I am super into comics that are just one big adventure that have a distinct beginning and end, though, like Y and Preacher.
Anyone else have good suggestions for comics in that genre? I've read a couple others (Ex Machina, started but didn't enjoy DMZ, etc) but I'm always open for more. I might just end up re-reading Y.

check out fear agent

Cade

Man you left comics for the comics of literature. You wanna read some real next level Ulysses shit you have to check out Velvet.

Oh, I didn't leave comics. I'm just cheating on them. Is Velvet better than Fatale? I love Brubaker (and Phillips) but after reading the first trade of Fatale I thought it was just okay, nothing like his other work.

I have never had a hard time grabbing SDCC or NYCC variants of comics. You won't pay out the ass for them either.
Yeah they're very easy to find. My shop still had some copies of the SDCC variant of Amazing Spider-Man from a few years back at a reasonable price.

I also have the SDCC variant of Flashpoint #1 in mint condition and I think it's going for like $10 on eBay lol

-Cade: it's still ongoing but Black Science is great!

Messi

Oh, I didn't leave comics. I'm just cheating on them. Is Velvet better than Fatale? I love Brubaker (and Phillips) but after reading the first trade of Fatale I thought it was just okay, nothing like his other work.

Velvet made Zombine reconsider what he was doing with his life. It is the indie Cyclops.

Zombine

Banned

Velvet is my favorite book on the shelves right now. Think Ian Flemming Bond with an incredibly likable female lead. Brubaker captured the spirit of the era, with art that enhances the narrative. So damn good.

I also have the SDCC variant of Flashpoint #1 in mint condition and I think it's going for like $10 on eBay lol

That's gonna be worth so much in 100 years.

Velvet made Zombine reconsider what he was doing with his life. It is the indie Cyclops.

Im a spy now.

Cade

Well then. I'll have to check out Velvet and then I can blame the combined pair of you if it doesn't grab me.

Is Black Science a whole lot different than Fear Agent? I assumed they were similar from what I read of both.

Shoot, the Cyclops mention made me realize I'd forgotten about that. Why are there so many comics I need to check out right now

Messi

I read the first 4 volumes of The Walking Dead today. That is some fun comicbooking. I know it turns to shit eventually bit I'll enjoy the ride. Sure we all know how easily I drop books when they turn bad.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is this Kipp's alt account? Is it

It is, right?

I did try to get into Fear Agent but I always check out mentally a few issues in. Dunno what it is 'cause I'm riding a sci-fi high and I looove Remender but it just doesn't grab me.

Harsh. If it's any consolation, I'm still reading only genre fiction so it's barely legitimate!

who is kipp?

if your not feeling fear agent check out Planetary, or if your really up to it Sandman and its spiritual sequel lucifer.

Also maybe check out Heck by Zander Cannon its like Doc Savage meets Dante's Inferno.

Zombine

Banned
I read the first 4 volumes of The Walking Dead today. That is some fun comicbooking. I know it turns to shit eventually bit I'll enjoy the ride. Sure we all know how easily I drop books when they turn bad.

It never turns to shit. Biggest misconception ever.

Issue 1-48 are perfection. One of my favorite stories of all time. 49-90ish introduce a ton of
Amazing characters and is another fun arc. The pre-All Out War arc is incredibly interesting. Negan is a super fun antagonist. All Out War was treated like an "event" but in reality it's just the prelude to the current arc which is just as good as the initial 50 issues so far.

Typed that out fast, spoiler free, but you need to stick with it.

Filthy Slug

Well then. I'll have to check out Velvet and then I can blame the combined pair of you if it doesn't grab me.

Is Black Science a whole lot different than Fear Agent? I assumed they were similar from what I read of both.

Shoot, the Cyclops mention made me realize I'd forgotten about that. Why are there so many comics I need to check out right now
Fear Agent and Black Science ain't really the same. They're spiritually the same, flawed protagonist trying to navigate crazy sci fi fuckups whle attempting to save something, whether it be Earth or his family, but otherwise, Fear Agent is way more Southern drunken space cowboy whose world keeps going to shit, with a huge dose of Mark Twain infused wisdom. Black Science is more modern anarchist dude trying to save his kids and team from dying while bouncing through the multiverse and coming to terms with being an arrogant asshole.

Honestly, read both. They're both excellent and both feature talented artists. Fear Agent made Rick Remender an important writer for me. Black Science, and everything else he does, cements his importance.

Messi

It never turns to shit. Biggest misconception ever.

Issue 1-48 are perfection. One of my favorite stories of all time. 49-90ish introduce a ton of
Amazing characters and is another fun arc. The pre-All Out War arc is incredibly interesting. Negan is a super fun antagonist. All Out War was treated like an "event" but in reality it's just the prelude to the current arc which is just as good as the initial 50 issues so far.

Typed that out fast, spoiler free, but you need to stick with it.

That's good to hear. I am enjoying it alot more than the TV show. But Rick is a god damn psychopath compared to his TV counterpart. It's kind of amazing.

Zombine

Banned
That's good to hear. I am enjoying it alot more than the TV show. But Rick is a god damn psychopath compared to his TV counterpart. It's kind of amazing.

Took me a very long time to enjoy the show. My Girlfriend who loves all things Walking Dead told me to stop being an overly critical
douche and just appreciate it for what it is. The books have a lot more depth, and are incredibly violent and fast moving. If you continue you read the books you could storm through the series in about 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom