• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hater to right of him,
Hater to left of him,
Hater behind him
Twitter'd and tumblr'd;
Storm'd at with comments meant to quell,
While faith in Catwoman fell,
He that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of GAF
Back from the mouth of Nocenti Hell,
All that was left of him,
Left of Messi.

Damn, Spike, this is your most conversation-stirring thread title yet

but yeah while i think it's a bit exaggerated, it's apparently fairly common that con-goers smell. Of course I'll probably find out that i was wrong the hard way in a few weeks
The funniest part? I've never been to one, so I have no idea if it's true.

Glad you liked Jokers Daughter. Yes, that issue made you care a but more.

See I had the opposite reaction, that issue just made me dislike the character even more. She just felt even more convoluted and forced. I hope when the Joker comes back he kills her and we never have to deal with her again.

Meh, all this old-Lobo/new-Lobo nonsense is reminding me of old-dante/new-dante nonsense from Devil May Cry. Let both exist, why complain about which one is better. Anyway, Cullen Bunn is writing it and he writes villains better so I'll give it a shot till issue 3 atleast.

Owzers

Soule's first Red Lanterns trade...halfway through the trade and it just seems the "slightly quirky" book in a Green Lantern universe i don't like. This Relic stuff that's included in GL Annual....Kang me to the future to avoid this crap.

Messi

Gotham Academy tho.. but yeah the other announcement is lame as hell, even for creative team change.

Batman Forever.

DC should go full Deadpool and announce a second Harley Quinn book called Harley Quinn Team Up and team her with various dc people like Ivy, Catwoman, Ollie ect.

Edit: I am reading the Marvellous land of Oz and I am smiling ear to ear. This is why I read comics. It's just wonderful. Scottie Young deserves some more praise for this. I'd love to show this to my kids one day.

Br80mZhIgAEgc6t.jpg

Looks like it's done.

Man, the coloring in Rocket Raccoon, alongside the art, is fucking spectacular.

Yeah the art and coloring is really something else. I haven't been this impressed by a book's interiors in quite some time and it's really refreshing. I love New Warriors, and have never had an issue with the art, but man it was visually underwhelming after Rocket Raccoon.

I think I may pick up the Oz omnibus once it comes out just for the art alone.

^Love the Burnham and Lopresti variants!

Messi

Yeah the art and coloring is really something else. I haven't been this impressed by a book's interiors in quite some time and it's really refreshing. I love New Warriors, and have never had an issue with the art, but man it was visually underwhelming after Rocket Raccoon.

I think I may pick up the Oz omnibus once it comes out just for the art alone.

I've just ordered the omnibus. Scottie deserves my money.

tumblr_n2oys6bXQw1qes700o1_1280.jpg

Edit : Korupts avatar just adds intensity to everything he posts lol. So good.

He also deserves it for you to spell his name correctly. :p

Preordered that Oz omnibus as soon as it was announced. And Oz is up there with the Eurythmics, Cheetos and left overs as my least favorite things......

He's one of the best writers at Marvel. If people are too dumb to follow a story properly and jump to conclusions then that's their problem.

The current OMG STATUTORY RAPE stuff seems pretty fucking stupid, but his handling of the "m-word" controversy in Uncanny Avengers still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not convinced he's gotten past the "drown in hobo piss" sentiment or really understands where his critics are coming from, even though he's at least found more civil ways of expressing himself.

I still wouldn't say he should be fired for that, though.

That is gorgeous.

Maybe I can get my mom to read it since she loves Wizard of Oz. She did read through one of the Buffy hardcovers so I think I could make it happen.

Mindwipe

Anyone else feel like the Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise seems to be designed to be nice desk ornaments, but quite shit toys?

(Though the little figures and the ships go together well.)

Meh, all this old-Lobo/new-Lobo nonsense is reminding me of old-dante/new-dante nonsense from Devil May Cry. Let both exist, why complain about which one is better. Anyway, Cullen Bunn is writing it and he writes villains better so I'll give it a shot till issue 3 atleast.

I can't imagine a bigger gulf between examples. Both Dante's were at least cut from similar cloth. The difference between these two Lobos is astonishing.

UANnh1W.jpg

K6fNMt7.jpg

It would be like if the first Dante was in an isometric shooter and the second Dante was in a JRPG.

Messi

He also deserves it for you to spell his name correctly. :p

Preordered that Oz omnibus as soon as it was announced. And Oz is up there with the Eurythmics, Cheetos and left overs as my least favorite things......

Oh wow. I totally spelt it wrong. Sorry Skottie.

I can't imagine a bigger gulf between examples. Both Dante's were at least cut from similar cloth. The difference between these two Lobos is astonishing.

It would be like if the first Dante was in an isometric shooter and the second Dante was in a JRPG.
That sentence will get you skewered in the gaming section. Anyway I was talking about how the complaining is all about the look of the character and how the original is not being used, both of which were the contention of complaints for Devil May Cry.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That sentence will get you skewered in the gaming section. Anyway I was talking about how the complaining is all about the look of the character and how the original is not being used, both of which were the contention of complaints for Devil May Cry.

It's not all about the look of the character, but the look of the character IS that character in this case. He looks like a generic unfun douchebag and that's the character. He's a space assassin. A gritty and serious one. Yay.

And the the old fun Lobo seems like he's about to be killed off in this upcoming book. Or at least shelved in some way. Which, yeah, why would we want to read about the fun adventures of a space biker turned bounty hunter with a mouth you wouldn't use to kiss your moms?

For me at least, it has nothing to do with the look of the character. Lobo existed as an almost Deadpoolian character, existing in the DCU but also commenting on it. It was also a platform for Giffen's relentlessly inventive cartooning, with each panel becoming a tour de force of design and linework.

New 52 Lobo is just…a guy.

MG310

Anyone else feel like the Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise seems to be designed to be nice desk ornaments, but quite shit toys?

(Though the little figures and the ships go together well.)

There's some decent stuff in there...though TRU charging 9.99 for the 2 inch figure 2 packs is ridiculous.

The 6 inch Legends are pretty nice from what I have so far - Annihilation Nova is fantastic and Gamora looks accurate to the source, though kind of shitty as an action figure.

I'm still LMAO after Greg Land on Spider-Woman.

I guess they saw David "I don't know what feminism means I just draw the hot chicks" Finch and his zero experience wife on the most important woman in comics, and thought "Shit, two can play that game, my nigga. 'ey Greg, I got something for you, son"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom