• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Land drawing Spider-Woman?
PAoCnHll.jpg

ReAxion

I've been going the better part of a decade, there definitely are people who smell at SDCC, but it's not really at problematic levels. There are a hundred thousand people, after all. I think people are just hyper-aware of it.

oh wow. That cover seems to imply that the "trees" are going to sprout robot walker legs and start doing something. Hype!

Those are the arctic stations that are monitoring the trees.

Land will provide entertainment at the very least.

Hopeless will most likely be good but if Bunn takes the book, I hope he's his Magneto/Sinestro shit and not....Fearless Defenders

ElNarez

Banned
Only thing I'm sad about in this Lobo announcement is that they seem to have gotten rid of the gun-chucks that are also knives. What the fuck DC. That's the most impractical yet also fucking sweet weapon ever and it's goddamn perfect for Lobo.

It's not all about the look of the character, but the look of the character IS that character in this case. He looks like a generic unfun douchebag and that's the character. He's a space assassin. A gritty and serious one. Yay.

And the the old fun Lobo seems like he's about to be killed off in this upcoming book. Or at least shelved in some way. Which, yeah, why would we want to read about the fun adventures of a space biker turned bounty hunter with a mouth you wouldn't use to kiss your moms?

For me at least, it has nothing to do with the look of the character. Lobo existed as an almost Deadpoolian character, existing in the DCU but also commenting on it. It was also a platform for Giffen's relentlessly inventive cartooning, with each panel becoming a tour de force of design and linework.

New 52 Lobo is just…a guy.
Well, when you put it like that... good stuff guys. Should email DC with these as none of these are the usual "I don't like this" one sentence flame-posts but instead you're explaining why you're not cool with the change.

DC keeps announcing books that are impossible to pass up.
Finally, a good move. Should have done this from the start itself. Plus we finally get to see The Question not to mention seeing the Trinity together.

Off the top of my head, to see how many books have been added and subtracted from the line. Help me out.

Dropped

Green Team
J. Hex
Batwing
Pandora
Phantom Stranger
Old Suicide Squad
Old Teen Titans
Superboy
Talon
Vibe

Added

Gotham Academy
Arkham Manor
Deathstroke
New Teen Titans
New Suicide Squad
Trinity of Sin
Lobo
GI Zombie
Batman Eternal x4
Futures End x4

Probably forgetting stuff. Looks like they are diluting their line.

In some ways yes, and in some ways no. Before you had Phantom Stranger, and Pandora having their own books. Now they're going to be in one book with The Question, who I always assumed was going to get his own book at some point.

They also dropped Birds of Prey. What they should have done is just given it to Gail Simone (spelling) from the start. I hope New Teen Titans is better than old Teen Titans.

So what's the verdict on Black Widow? The TPB comes out next week and I have it on my list for the art alone, but will put it on my order for this month if you guys can tell me good things about the story.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Buying modern books by Greg Land should be criminal. Stop supporting that fugly art. No writing can make that acceptable.

Messi

So what's the verdict on Black Widow? The TPB comes out next week and I have it on my list for the art alone, but will put it on my order for this month if you guys can tell me good things about the story.

I love it. One of the best books I read each month. I just wish she would cheer up a bit. Art is stunning.

The co-writer for Gotham Academy has another DC announcement coming Thursday with Eisner winner Cameron Stewart.

Edit not artist. Art will be announced Thursday.

LosDaddie

Banned
Since you guys discuss what you're reading, I figured I might as well join the fun. I mainly read Marvel & DC stuff right now, and I only read during my lunch breaks at work (Mon -Fri). I'm just too busy at home with the family to get any reading done.

Typically, I read one issue per lunch, and I mainly collect omnibuses, hardcovers, and TPBs. So, getting through one of them can take me weeks.

And I'm not current, at all. Last few weeks I was reading Secret Wars 1:

First time reading it, and thought it was pretty entertaining. One of the few series where I own the floppies. Had to laugh at Iron Man calling Human Torch a racist:

Finished SW1 early last week, and switched to a very short DC series:

*yawn* boring as shit

Chinner

Banned
why does there even have to be a spider woman? such a poor marketing ploy to pander the female market, but without any originality.

what next, super woman? bat woman? woman hulk?

oh...

ReAxion

why does there even have to be a spider woman? such a poor marketing ploy to pander the female market, but without any originality.

what next, super woman? bat woman? woman hulk?

oh...

I'm still head scratching as to why she just decided to go by Black Widow in 1610.

Typically, I read one issue per lunch, and I mainly collect omnibuses, hardcovers, and TPBs. So, getting through one of them can take me weeks.
You reminded me that I saw one of my coworkers reading Ultimate Spider-Man on his break once. I wanted to talk to him about it, but I've never read anything with Miles lol

Movie style blade? Maybe I need to buy this book. Is it good?

Except for Greg Land's art, I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom