• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woooo. Got my IST shipment in the mail today!

Big Damn Sin City is as big as Colossal Conan. AKA it's mega huge.
Also, it doesn't have a dustcover! This is fantastic, because the dustcover on Colossal Conan was the biggest pain, since it was impossible to read it with the dustcover on, and taking the dustcover off and putting it back on such an enormous and heavy book without denting the dustcover is actually much more difficult than you'd think.
The frustrating thing is that the art and spine of Conan without the dustcover is way better than the Dustcover's art/spine, but I can't bring myself to throw the dustcover away. Mostly in case I sell it someday.
But yeah, I'm very happy Sin City doesn't have a dustcover.

Also got Six Gun Gorilla! It's a much nicer paperback than I was anticipating, so I was pleased about that. Especially since it was a pretty pricey paperback. I'm really looking forward to reading it though since it gets such rave reviews around here.

And last but not least, got Unknown Soldier vol 2, so I can finally keep reading Unknown Soldier.

Kipp

Even you aren't excited? Got damn, them delays did a number on everyone's enthusiasm. lmao

I'm still excited! #tradewaiter4life

If I can wait for DC trades, waiting for the next Hawkeye OHC to come out at some undetermined time is no biggy.

Kipp

I am not even sure that book actually exists. Maybe its all been a dream.

Oh heeey. Now that a space has recently opened up in your comics reading life, maybe you should fill it with some Martha Washington.

You know you want to read about the life story of a kickass girl who grew up in the ghetto, fought in the army, fought space Nazis, and just generally kicked ass (and saved the world too).
With Dave Gibbons art.

C'moooooon.

Or you can wait for Zombine to read it so that he can legitimate my pleas for you to read it. He likes Harley Quinn too, so if he says it's great, you'll have to read it.

tim1138

Chris Burnham needs to come back to Batman

enhanced-buzz-wide-29672-1404650698-24.jpg

Messi

Oh heeey. Now that a space has recently opened up in your comics reading life, maybe you should fill it with some Martha Washington.

You know you want to read about the life story of a kickass girl who grew up in the ghetto, fought in the army, fought space Nazis, and just generally kicked ass (and saved the world too).
With Dave Gibbons art.

C'moooooon.

Or you can wait for Zombine to read it so that he can legitimate my pleas for you to read it. He likes Harley Quinn too, so if he says it's great, you'll have to read it.

I have filled that hole already with New Suicide Squad.

YEEEEAAAHHHH BOOOOYYY

Zombine

Banned
:(

Well, while you wait, you can just read those Sandman omnibuses real quick. You can probably finish those before Martha Washington arrives, right?

Lol who buys $170 worth of Omnibi to read them? I like to admire them from a distance.

Messi

But... But.... Please.

Agreed.
At least we've got Absolute Batman Inc. later this year to stave off the cravings.

Fairly sure I will be buying it after my holidays.

...can we go back to the Nocenti Catwoman era

Nope, those days are over. Now its all about Jokers Daughter vs Harley Quinn.

Lol who buys $170 worth of Omnibi to read them? I like to admire them from a distance.

chappelle-show-smh-o.gif

I wouldn't want to read them either. Thought it was meh.

Bii

Messi, I can't claim to know how horrible Catwoman was (never bothered to read it myself) but I'm sure it's a relief to let something bad go once you've come to terms with it. By the way, I'm totally digging that new avy of yours.

Kipp

I would laugh, but I've got so many books sitting unread on my shelf right now. Most notably, I have half of Colossal Conan unread (which means something like 600 pages unread), Sin City staying in the shrinkwrap until I finish up a few other books, and then I'll have Doom Patrol in a month that I'll get to who knows when. And then tons of TPBs obviously. I, too, very much enjoy admiring them from a distance. Haha

But do let us know when you get around to reading them. :p
I do plan to pick those up someday and I'd like to hear about how amazing it is. Haha

Fairly sure I will be buying it after my holidays.

Batman Inc or Martha Washington?
Or both?
:O

He redid all the fill in pages too. It will be glorious.

So excited.

Messi

Messi, I can't claim to know how horrible Catwoman was (never bothered to read it myself) but I'm sure it's a relief to let something bad go once you've come to terms with it. By the way, I'm totally digging that new avy of yours.

This hurts more than you think it does. I hate what they have done to that book. But fuck them. I really hope a creative change comes sooner rather than later. I do think its funny that Catwoman is the only book where she hasn't said anything to reference what is going on in Eternal. Too busy writing her own crap story.

Yeah, I used this avatar for a long time. just getting back to it now. I absolutely love Quorra in Tron Legacy. <3 Olivia.

Batman Inc or Martha Washington?
Or both?
:O

I have read INC. So Martha Washington then.

Kipp

In theory Nameless will be starting soon, right?

I sure hope so.
The only bummer about Nameless is that even though it's my favorite collaborative team, it's a horror book. I don't really like horror.
However, I do like Morrison and Burnham enough that I'm still really looking forward to it.

When was Bitch Planet? I think it was November.

Totally forgot about Bitch Planet. That better be great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Man, have any of those hyped Image books launched yet? I know Low is a couple of weeks, but that's it right?

COWL, The Wicked and the Divine, Nailbiter have been released. Low and The Fade Out are dropping shortly. There are three more months for solicitations, surely a few more of those Image Expo announcements will make it out before the year's done.

I have filled that hole already with New Suicide Squad.

YEEEEAAAHHHH BOOOOYYY
I just looked at the preview for the first issue of Suicide Squad, and there's a two-page spread of Deadshot firing a machine gun with one sentence of dialogue. Are you really trading up?

Messi

I just looked at the preview for the first issue of Suicide Squad, and there's a two-page spread of Deadshot firing a machine gun with one sentence of dialogue. Are you really trading up?

I am in for the Harley, Joker conflict. I will have no problem dropping it after. This isn't a Catwoman situation. Not many things are.

Kipp

Totally forgot WicDiv and COWL were announced then. Is COWL any good, not really a huge fan of Kyle Higgins.

I seem to remember the people who read it back whenever it came out were very indifferent towards it. IIRC, the consensus was that the art was great but the writing was not.
This is just going off my poor memory though.

Here's how Matt Fraction pitches a book:

"Imagine me doing cool things. Aren't I awesome?"

Well, he's usually not wrong.

Man, people on tumblr really don't like Rick Remender. I see people boycotting him and now they're compiling lists of "writers who defended him" or something.

Man, people on tumblr really don't like Rick Remender. I see people boycotting him and now they're compiling lists of "writers who defended him" or something.
gaaaaaaaaah

all this for something that's easily disproved by fucking reading
Has anyone in here read and like the New Warriors series for the 90s by Nicieza and Bagley?
tried an issue, wasn't feelin it enough to order the omnibus or anything but it was ok

MG310

I read New Warriors as a kid but can't really remember anything specific yet I still get odd nostalgic feelings for Night Thrasher and Speedball whenever they show up.

Also I think I need to pick up the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition trades from IST at some point. I loved those things when I was a kid - so many random characters that I never actually saw in any of the books. Had the turnarounds for each character too which made me prefer it over the non-Master Edition OHOTMU books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom