• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Southern Bastards Issue 1. That scene with the tree growing out of the grave. Excellent.

Southern Bastards is excellent. There's nothing I enjoy more than an old man coming back to his broken home, eating ribs, and kicking ass.

Also, I'm hoping, that instead of awful fill-in artists like those on Scalped, we just have Jason Latour on with breaks in between arcs.

What is the best Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin story or collected edition? I want to experience some OG Batman and Robin.

pgsoXqo.jpg

Also, I'm hoping, that instead of awful fill-in artists like those on Scalped.

ey man Francesco was one of them artists b

Tizoc

Southern Bastards is excellent. There's nothing I enjoy more than an old man coming back to his broken home, eating ribs, and kicking ass.

Also, I'm hoping, that instead of awful fill-in artists like those on Scalped, we just have Jason Latour on with breaks in between arcs.

I'd rather this be a short miniseries book personally, I can't see it going longer than what its current plot is.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
ey man Francesco was one of them artists b

So was Jason Latour wthhhhhh

Yo, I didn't say all the fill-in art was awful, but I remember a bunch of issues by Davide Furno that were awful. Like those dope ass Shunka issues. I would just rather have the original artist on, with breaks in between. I think it works better that way.

I'd rather this be a short miniseries book personally, I can't see it going longer than what its current plot is.
Haha, maaan, you need to read for Jason Aaron books. It'll snowball, escalate, and then blow up beautifully soon enough.

Yo, I didn't say all the fill-in art was awful, but I remember a bunch of issues by Davide Furno that were awful. Like those dope ass Shunka issues. I would just rather have the original artist on, with breaks in between. I think it works better that way.

I actually liked Furno way better than Franco, tbph. FF was doing this weird pencily washy thing at the time that really felt flimsy.

Furno was like UNHHH

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So did anyone enjoy AllStar Batman and Robin? So much hate on Amazon reviews.

I kind of love it. It's bizarre and abrasive and stupid, but it's actually pretty original as Batman-takes go and makes a warped kind of sense. It's basically What If the DCU Were Horrible People?

I think you all know this but... a big NO to the new Iron Fist series. Completely the opposite of the old series. Four issues of Danny discussing his mom issues, sexing/getting sexxed by the blonde reporter and a stupid plot twist. Should have known Kaare "spider jizz" Andrews would do this.
ieEAJVdogI7sH.gif

Isak_Borg

Digital is the best thing to happen to comics. You should see how good something like Kamandi looks digitally, it's a thing of beauty.

Yeah, but the Kirby HC DC put out are so glorious.

Makes me happy just to stare at the Kamandi Vol. 1 & 2 HC sitting next to the OMAC HC on my shelf.

Digital is great but nothing beats a nice HC collection.

[Insertwhycantwehaveboth.gif]

ElNarez

Banned
Oh neat a Klarion ongoing who's making iUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Though this Catwoman announcement means one more woman making ongoing comics for DC. Is anyone keeping count, and if so, am I right in feeling that DC now has more women creators on ongoing books than Marvel?)

Oh neat a Klarion ongoing who's making iUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Though this Catwoman announcement means one more woman making ongoing comics for DC. Is anyone keeping count, and if so, am I right in feeling that DC now has more women creators on ongoing books than Marvel?)

I believe so. Jen Van Meter is doing a few of those 100 Year books, but not an ongoing.

Just placed another IST order. I'm getting the Rocket Raccoon & Groot novel, the Shazam hardcover,
and four volumes of Nisekoi

I'm really excited to read the Shazam book, I've had my eyes on it for months now and I know I'm gonna love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom