• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Totally forgot WicDiv and COWL were announced then. Is COWL any good, not really a huge fan of Kyle Higgins.

I haven't read it yet, but I feel like there were a couple people here who liked it. And some others who didn't.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
should come out alongside the next volume of Casanova, surely

I can't fucking wait for Casanova to come back. Fraction is dominating with Sex Criminals, but dude's Casanova comics are pure passion, and they're his best work. Also, Ba, Moon, and motherfucking Michael Chabon.

What of the pre 52 runs are worth picking up? Is it just the original run?

It's all i can speak for, but yeah the original stuff is awesome. I haven't read the Giffen stuff or the From the Ashes mini.

It's a bit incomplete, though, not just in that there's only 50 issues but a lot of the titles that it crossed over with (and it crossed over a lot) aren't on Comixology

TLDR: Catwoman, Dropped. Fix this shit DC.

PraiseGodBernie.gif

You could try an issue or two, i read the first 13 after having pre-ordered it from dcbs and let it stack up, i didn't like it at all. I forget exactly why, i think it was more "mysterious mystery" without being a good book issue to issue. I say Nay.
Read the first issue and it sort of had the same vibe as Morning Glories, which is something I'm not really looking for now. Thanks for the assessment.

Read the first issue and it sort of had the same vibe as Morning Glories, which is something I'm not really looking for now. Thanks for the assessment.

What? You don't want a book that confuses the fuck out of you for 40 issues? Why ever not?

I actually did finally give up Morning Glories for good. I just can't deal with that book anymore. I read 38 issues and still know very little about what's happening. Ugh.

Zombine

Banned
Poor Messi reads one crappy book and he picks up the label of liking shitty books.

It's kind of like that girl who goes out on a date with a boy in high school and kisses him on the cheek. Then he goes back to school and says he went all the way and she gets called a whore for 4 years.

alright, i'm gonna shamelessly plug the stuff i'm selling for a second. I'm unloading some comics to free up space and make some extra money for more comics to take up more space, anyone wanna buy some comics? I have some stuff. Some Snyder Batman (one is signed!), Captain Marvel, Remender Secret Avengers, X-O Manowar, Slott Amazing Spider-Man (a signed Ramos #700) in there, IDW GI Joe, Lemire Animal Man, etc. Check it out!
free shipping too
. Alright i'm done for now.

Anyway so I really love this Luke McDonnell page from Suicide Squad #10

He's pretty good at fight scenes. And drawing in general. Perfect fit for the book. Apparently nowadays he just does random color work here and there, which is too bad but at least he's still working.

phoenixyz

Thanks for the recommendations concerning crime/detective comics. I'll probably give Sin City a look first. But I'll keep the rest in mind.

Owzers

What? You don't want a book that confuses the fuck out of you for 40 issues? Why ever not?

I actually did finally give up Morning Glories for good. I just can't deal with that book anymore. I read 38 issues and still know very little about what's happening. Ugh.

I stuck with Morning Glories until issue 36 and then it perished in the Great Pull List Purge. Different from Mind the Gap, i liked Morning Glories for the most part outside of always feeling like i needed to reread it from issue #1 to get what Spencer was calling back from. I'd like to know Spencer's thoughts as to how he got to the point of having to include a Morning Glories University study guide at the end of each issue.

My friend loaned me his issues of Justice League Cry For Justice. I don't remember why but I never read it when it first came out. I'm halfway through it so far and I really like the art work in it. The story is passable so far. I feel like the characterization of some of the players is off, even for the old 52, and it's reminded me just how much history and continuity the old 52 was dealing with. You also have everyone in the Superhero community knowing everyone else and their secret identities. It's such a stark difference to the N52 were not every one has met, or even knows everyone that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom