• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Haha, that turnaround for Messi. Congrats!

Also, just finished Immortal Iron Fist. The second complete collection was not quite as awesome as the first, but not bad definitely. Are the other Immortal Weapons still around or did they just quietly disappear after this run?

Oh, and how often do comics specific figures get released? I know cartoons especially and then movies get priority, but can you get, say, Batman Inc Batman?

Splatt

Haha, that turnaround for Messi. Congrats!

Also, just finished Immortal Iron Fist. The second complete collection was not quite as awesome as the first, but not bad definitely. Are the other Immortal Weapons still around or did they just quietly disappear after this run?

Oh, and how often do comics specific figures get released? I know cartoons especially and then movies get priority, but can you get, say, Batman Inc Batman?

Immortal Weapons had a mini and appeared in Fraction's Defenders.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Immortal Weapons had a mini and appeared in Fraction's Defenders.

A bunch of them
got killed (I think)
in a Spider Island mini, but I'm gonna guess a later writer is just going to ignore that.

Of course this new writer hasn't done anything before so it is entirely possible she could be worse than Nocenti. Probability suggests otherwise. But who knows? ;)

Getting caught in dat GotG hype. Is the annihilation omni worth reading, work all the mini's?

It's great.

Guardians of the Galaxy by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning is also worth reading. Unless you wanna go digital though, you should wait for the Complete Collection starting next month.

It's great.

Guardians of the Galaxy by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning is also worth reading. Unless you wanna go digital though, you should wait for the Complete Collection starting next month.

Is it as funny as the movie looks though? All the A/L stuff I've read has none of that Step Brothers panache like the latest trailer does.

Is it as funny as the movie looks though? All the A/L stuff I've read has none of that Step Brothers panache like the latest trailer does.

It's pretty funny, I think:
tumblr_n1hcn0kkPF1tu4u9mo1_500.jpg

thetechkid

A bunch of them
got killed (I think)
in a Spider Island mini, but I'm gonna guess a later writer is just going to ignore that.

I just finished Spider Island today and I don't remember that happening.

Yup at the end, during the fight with the queen, they all show up alive.

Sanjuro

IGN has a list of the best Batman artists of all time.

Greg Capullo made number eight. Do people actually like him a lot? I've been hearing good things about the Snyder-Batman arcs, but I've been having a difficult time getting into it, and the artwork being one of the major complaints.

Owzers

Took my Superior Foes of Spiderman vol 1 tp off the shelf to read and the front and back covers are curly. Why does this happen?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

WOW indeed. Every single thing about that looks incredible. 1950s setting? In the Brazilian jungle? With Alex Maleev on art?
This is one of the most hype-inducing announcements in a long time for me. That seems amazing.

I still need to read half of Hellboy and all of BPRD though. By the time I get around to buying/reading those, hopefully Hellboy & the BPRD will have been released in the library edition format. Haha

Oh, and also, please give us your next prophecy, Korupt.

Yup. Still, don't put a ton of stock into IGN lists. I was just curious more on if people actually liked the current artwork.

Aparo and Adams are pretty much Batman for me.

At least Adams made the list. Though personally I would put Capullo a lot higher on it. I'm sorry you're not digging the art in the current run, but I'm loving it. The stuff he's been doing for Zero Year combined with the coloring has been amazing.

The fact that Bruce Timm also only gets a passing comment is ridiculous.

Greg Capullo made number eight. Do people actually like him a lot? I've been hearing good things about the Snyder-Batman arcs, but I've been having a difficult time getting into it, and the artwork being one of the major complaints.

That list is terrible, but I can't honestly come up with 10 different ones to take their place, though that I agree Tim Sale should be on that list, and I would categorically include Francesco Francavilla as well.

I actually do like Capullo's art a great deal. Even so, Snyder's writing is good enough that I would read it even if I didn't particularly care for the art.

Messi

Messi, you should have dropped Catwoman earlier, we would have had this turn around much quicker haha

I'm sorry Cheska. Will you be jumping back in for the new start? I would like to be able to discuss it on here and I know you love Catwoman.

What happened the avatar?

Just think...if you stopped buying it 25 issues ago you could have spared yourself a lot of bad reading and had enough extra cash to take this home.

I might still buy that after my next statue purchase.

I'm sorry Cheska. Will you be jumping back in for the new start? I would like to be able to discuss it on here and I know you love Catwoman.

What happened the avatar?

I might still buy that after my next statue purchase.

Messi brah, I was pulling it to and you know I'm pulling it again in October.

ahahahaha holy shit that Catwoman switch. Garry Brown is good, though! I'll check it.
whoa, gorgeous

His art was the best thing about Snyder Batman for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom