• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAP

Writer Jeff Lemire and artist Paolo Rivera are working together for the first time on a project for Valiant Entertainment, CBR has learned, to be co-written by the company's "Unity" and "Rai" writer Matt Kindt.

MG310

BsMe_6xCQAA0FfL.png

Can finally get this pile of Batmans signed.

Grayson was alright.

Helena B.'s black now though? I can dig it

Oooh.

I dunno man. She already lost the magic that made most of volume 1 great with volume 2, and she's just been getting worse ever since the new 52 started.

Sicilian, some of my family is Sicilian and they definitely have dark skin.

I guess I feel the other way, I've really enjoyed her run on Batgirl through the N52.

Trial of Jean Grey felt like the perfect length for a crossover event. It was 2 issues from All-New X-Men, and 2 issues from Guardians.

4 issues definitely seems like a good amount. Doomed has to be going on well past 6 at this point with out an ending be close.

frye

Whoever is editing the Batman line is doing a nice job.

On the other hand: I really wish Paolo Rivera's return to interiors isn't a boring Jeff Lemire comic and as much as I like the idea of Ales Kot of Winter Soldier, Marco Rudy's embellished motif-based art I could do without.

Batgirl could be fun again? I will pick this up. And Catwoman may be readable again? Did DC really read Messi's post from last week and get scared?

These DC selfie covers are great. Nothing serious and just plain fun.

Anyhow I am happy to report that I loved both Grayson and Spider 2099. Both were definitely worth the wait.

Edit:
Marco Rudy on Winter Soldier??? Noooooooooo.... why not on the rumoured upcoming Doctor Strange/Marvel Magic book with Gillen.

Boogiepop

Yo, Kipp, if you're up for the challenge: I love what you've done, and totally want in for my first avatar change. Was thinking turtles at first, then I was thinking of their villains. I settled on Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady dressed as the turtles. Classic or new comic style, either is fine.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So ummm...WTF is going on in the world of Invincible over the past 2 issues? Kirkman sure loves his shock value.

The rape was wtf though it makes sense based on the eugenics subplot going on with the viltrumites but Robot being evil has been hinted at for a while now. I feel like the story is leading to the death of somebody major, who I have no idea

I didn't know Lemire got out of his exclusive with DC. Interesting, very interesting.

I was interested in Batgirl until they mentioned that horrible Girls TV show. I might still give it a go.

The rape was wtf though it makes sense based on the eugenics subplot going on with the viltrumites but Robot being evil has been hinted at for a while now. I feel like the story is leading to the death of somebody major, who I have no idea

The only characters that Kirkman could
kill off at this point and make a real impact on the story would be either Eve or Nolan. I don't think there's anyone else that's been so important to Mark.

Okay, I'm reading anything between Civil War and Secret Invasion that catches my eye (snip; blah blah blah... I'm around 2007 or 2008)

Okay, I just read One More Day. What in the hell?? So how is this supposed to work? Did his involvement in House of M and Civil War now not happen? His identity is back in the can, but the means CW happened completely differently! In fact, I would think a lot of it wouldn't have happened at all... like, reality is just remembered differently by everybody? Did he go to work for Tony? I guess not. Did Kingpen not get the beat down?

Right before this I read Avengers: The Initiative, and in it, one of the cadets gets cloned and puts on the red and gold suit that Tony made Peter at the beginning of CW. But now, that never happened. So why does that character still exist? In fact, I bet if I think about it for a minute, there are now a TON of contradictions like that, where other characters should be affected by Mephisto's erasure but just aren't without explanation.

This whole thing seems really sloppy.

ReiGun

http://www.mtv.com/news/1864359/batgirl-exclusive-dc-comics/

Batgirl gets new creative team.

Love the new costume.

...has revamped her namesake’s costume to be way more practical than the skin-hugging body-armor comic fans might be used to.

Now even Batgirl's costume was impractical?

Some people won't be happy till every superhero dresses like Luke Cage. :p

That selfie.

BsMe_j6CEAI9mgm.jpg
:eek: I want a poster and t-shirt of this.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, that Kot/Rudy Bucky Barnes thing is almost definitely gonna be pretty nuts. I'm looking forward to that.
And Batgirl I'm not personally interested in, but I'm glad DC keeps taking baby steps away from the house style.

When are you going to MS Paintify your avatar?

Just got back from work, so I'm gonna get going on it right now! Already know exactly what it's gonna be, too.

If Rudy is drawing Bucky, then who is on Dr. strange? Koi Pham?

Hahaha

Yo, Kipp, if you're up for the challenge: I love what you've done, and totally want in for my first avatar change. Was thinking turtles at first, then I was thinking of their villains. I settled on Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady dressed as the turtles. Classic or new comic style, either is fine.

Ooh. That's gonna be pretty difficult to have four characters dressed up as other characters all in a 100x120 pixel box, but I'm up for the challenge. Can't promise it'll be great though :p
Also can't promise when it'll be done, but it'll be today.

Okay, I just read One More Day. What in the hell?? So how is this supposed to work? Did his involvement in House of M and Civil War now not happen? His identity is back in the can, but the means CW happened completely differently! In fact, I would think a lot of it wouldn't have happened at all... like, reality is just remembered differently by everybody? Did he go to work for Tony? I guess not. Did Kingpen not get the beat down?

Right before this I read Avengers: The Initiative, and in it, one of the cadets gets cloned and puts on the red and gold suit that Tony made Peter at the beginning of CW. But now, that never happened. So why does that character still exist? In fact, I bet if I think about it for a minute, there are now a TON of contradictions like that, where other characters should be affected by Mephisto's erasure but just aren't without explanation.

This whole thing seems really sloppy.

In one of the first issues of Brand New Day, there is a two-page spread that explains all the changes to the timeline.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have to assume publishers are making announcements now because SDCC has almost nothing to do with comics anymore.

I didn't know Lemire got out of his exclusive with DC. Interesting, very interesting.

I think it's more that it ended and wasn't reupped than he "got out" of it.

I'll wait to get excited over this Lemire, Kindt and Rivera project until they reveal the details tomorrow. Not sure I'm interested if it's just some other thing with their stable of characters.

In one of the first issues of Brand New Day, there is a two-page spread that explains all the changes to the timeline.

I actually just got done reading that moments ago, coincidentally.

I don't know. I've heard people complaining about this for the lats six years, and I'm late to the party, I realize, but man. It's like Quesada was just nostalgic for 70's-early 80's Spider Man and just hamfistedly switched it back to that. It's just SUCH a dues ex machina. And it just doesn't make sense.

Did the stuff in New Avengers still happen? Or did it happen differently? I mean, the exact conversations he had with Luke Cage or whoever wouldn't have happened now, right? I mean, just as an example.

That 2 page "explanation" just amounts to everything being like it was in 1982 or something. May lives in the house in Queens again. Harry, Norman and Peter all are reset to the status quo of that era. Why? Other than Quesada liked his nostalgic era best and wanted it back?

I'm sure I'm just saying obvious stuff that plenty of others have already said before me. But I just read it for the first time, and maaaaan. I think this is way worse than the Clone Saga.

Not quite correct. Those were just changes from the pre-BND status quo; the changes to the timeline weren't explained until One Moment In Time, but nearly all pre-BND stories remained in continuity aside from the wedding and BND itself.

In fairness, Marvel took a good few months, IIRC, to clearly explain that things like Harry Osborne being alive again and Peter's identity being secret again were the result of things that occurred in a pre-BND time gap, rather than directly resulting from the deal with Mephisto, so some confusion is understandable.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The only characters that Kirkman could
kill off at this point and make a real impact on the story would be either Eve or Nolan. I don't think there's anyone else that's been so important to Mark.

His mom is another one, or just have Eve lose the baby. Somebody here said what if Eve lost her baby and the child of viltrumite rape was born instead. Nolan dying would be interesting because it would make mark the king like he was in the other universe as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom