• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
The new costume looks great, but unless the series is taking place in the past she looks a bit too young. They need to age her up five or six years.

I think her face's enlarged features are the culprit, and with a few tweaks she'd be more in line with everyone's expectations, although, I know plenty of girls in their early to mid twenties that have that build, and part of it is probably because they're going for a hip "pixie" look for her this time around. Kinda makes it hard to see her taking out 200 pound thugs, but that's just me nit picking. I'm just excited to see this take on the character and don't really care if it makes her seem a few years younger than before. If it's a good creative take, it won't personally bother me.

I would be very surprised if there is a single living person on this planet who has read every appearance of any of the major Marvel/DC characters....let alone the average reader. I just don't think it's possible. It would consume your life.
How would you even go about doing this? There is no way every single issue of Superman or Batman is readily available for purchase and there's thousands of books from those two alone.

That thread was just getting me frustrated, I typed up a bunch of replies and ended up deleting them all... And I read both manga and western comics!

Shaanyboi

Banned
2756494.png

face looks modeled straight off of Lucy Lawless. Mostly in the eyes.

Awwwwesome. Stewart has already established a "batgirlofburnside" email for fan art. They are really proactively setting up a Carol/Kamala Corps/Korps type deal for it and it's already getting material on like day one.

LOVE IT

HAHA, DUDE! Me too :D 100% Sicilian, my dad is from a town near Palermo and my mom is from Messina.

Southern Italian's represent! Only half Italian here on my mom's side. I believe my Grandmother's family is from Sicily (forget which town), and my Grandfather's family was from a town outside Naples. I'm one of the taller ones in my family at 5'7.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yo, Kipp, if you're up for the challenge: I love what you've done, and totally want in for my first avatar change. Was thinking turtles at first, then I was thinking of their villains. I settled on Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady dressed as the turtles. Classic or new comic style, either is fine.

One down, three to go...

HO8ZgLS.png

So far so good?

(Going for a four squares with portraits format because it'd be too hard to get any detail if it were full bodies)

If Kipp made a Deadshot avatar, I would proudly rock it

Gail Simone is hit or miss for me, i think. I like the little bit of Red Sonja i've read and Villains United, but Tomb Raider was meh and Batgirl was very meh. Haven't read her Deadpool/Agent X or Wonder Woman though so those are probably great
nor have i read her Firestorm

Gail Simone is hit or miss for me, i think. I like the little bit of Red Sonja i've read and Villains United, but Tomb Raider was meh and Batgirl was very meh. Haven't read her Deadpool/Agent X or Wonder Woman though so those are probably great
nor have i read her Firestorm

Same here.

Most of her first run on Birds of Prey and Villians United/Secret Six are excellent but Firestorm and Batgirl are blech

MartyStu

I like the new Batgirl costume, I just hate that she looks so much like a child in that picture.

I just hope she is not the only member of the Bat-Fam ditching spandex...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yo, Kipp, if you're up for the challenge: I love what you've done, and totally want in for my first avatar change. Was thinking turtles at first, then I was thinking of their villains. I settled on Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady dressed as the turtles. Classic or new comic style, either is fine.

Goodness, that took a while. Also, after I finished Krang, I realized I drew Krang's robot body thing rather than actual Krang and didn't have the heart to redo it. I hope that's all right!

iBc4Tk3cpL8sE.png

Think I'm gonna take a break from avatars for a bit now. Haha

Gail Simone wrote this, she'll always be one of the good ones

Green Lantern has his special ring
Pretty strong that little thing

Blue Beetle's deeds are really swing
But who will bring him out of his shell

Flash's rogues, they finish last
Too bad sometimes he's just too fast

While all the boys can always save the day
No one does it better than the Birds of Prey (The one and only Birds of Prey)

oh fuck that's right

alright that's a big one on the "hit" side

Boogiepop

Goodness, that took a while. Also, after I finished Krang, I realized I drew Krang's robot body thing rather than actual Krang and didn't have the heart to redo it. I hope that's all right!

iBc4Tk3cpL8sE.png

Think I'm gonna take a break from avatars for a bit now. Haha

This is amazing! Sorry if I tired you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMnJNjo2SGg

ReiGun

Actually, she admitted she didn't write the song.

The rest of the episode was good though. :p

Doh I just realized ViewtifulJC already posted a link to that youtube clip. That's what I get for reading a post too fast and getting too excited for it. Sorry VJC.

Messi

That......that selfie :( Phil Noto

Oh god, I knew it. :(. Right in the feels.

You know what, I am excited for the new Batgirl direction and especially the art. The current art is generic dc house style to the max. Adding the fun back to Batgirl will make it appealing.

Hope Gail Simone has more series in the pipeline or give her the Birds. Does this new Batgirl mean she is leaving the Birds.

Savitar

I'll be one of the people to admit I didn't like how Bane was depicted in Secret Six.

People enjoyed his fish out of water story around some characters but considering this was the guy that organized the beat down of the Bat and figure out who he was in the first place he was still much stupider and dim witted than he should have been. Plus even if he wasn't use to certain situations he was down right inept beyond any reason at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom