• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish crossover events didn't invade more than one issue. It really takes away from the reason why we started reading these books in the first place.

I don't mind if it goes a couple of issues, like say 2 months of cross over. When you start getting into 3 + months of cross over it just becomes dragged out.

Justice League United. It's like an old hot rod. It looks good and under the hood is a beastly engine. But the mother fucker ain't firing up. Turn the ignition and it wants to start but it doesn't catch the spark. I like this car, so I'll continue to wait for ignition but the mechanics need to diagnose the problem and get the right parts in there.

It's another one that's bogging itself down in a story that's taking too long to finish. I really stand by the idea that when you launch a new series, you need a quick hook storyline. Something that comes out of the gate swinging and moves at a fast pace. Like a 1, 2 or tops 3 issue story arc. A 5 or 6 issues arc is just too damn long to launch a series with IMHO.

Is DC starting a new trend? I rarely see co-writers at any other company except DC.

@cameronMstewart: To recap - I'm co-writing, doing covers, and layouts. @babsdraws is doing finished art and it gonna kill it. @brendenfletcher is co-writing

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Walking Dead #129

The logistics the characters are coming up with for the rebuilding of a society are pretty fun to see. Curious to know how Negan will play into all this though. I enjoy how roles are reversed for Rick & co., with the new people arriving and thinking something doesn't add up, but I hope it won't be just Negan fooling them into messing up the settlement as that can easily get contrived depending on the execution. Kirkman obviously has bigger plans for the character by leaving him alive and staying connected with Carl, so we'll see.

Also, dat Rick scolding. Carl didn't even blink while he was going ham on the dude, so I guess that's how Rick has been dealing with any sort of incompetence for a while during the time skip.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1864359/batgirl-exclusive-dc-comics/

Batgirl gets new creative team.

Love the new costume.
Pretty cool, I'm digging the look. Definitely gonna be popular with the cosplayer crowd too, haha.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
http://www.mtv.com/news/1864359/batgirl-exclusive-dc-comics/

Batgirl gets new creative team.

Love the new costume.

I'm all for it. Batgirl needed some fun injected into the book.

Barbara Gordon is no stranger to dusting herself off when disaster strikes… so when a fire destroys everything she owned, she spots the opportunity for a new lease on life — and seizes it! Following the rest of Gotham’s young adults to the hip border district of Burnside, Barbara sets about building an all-new Batgirl… and discovers all-new threats preying on her peers!

That solicitation is kind of hilarious. Some huge deus ex machina fire burns her old bullshit, now it's time to move to Williamsburg and have fun.

I'm all for it. Batgirl needed some fun injected into the book.

That solicitation is kind of hilarious. Some huge deus ex machina fire burns her old bullshit, now it's time to move to Williamsburg and have fun.

Sorta beaten, but I somehow see this getting the same kind of backlash and accusations of hipster/SJW Tumblr pandering that the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers got.

I loved that book, though, and I even live in the real Williamsburg, so not complaining here.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yo, Birdie...
Remember my theory about Avengers Undercover #2?
I fucking called it, man. Suddenly SHIELD's apparent overreaction makes a little bit of sense.
I wonder who they actually killed? lol

ElNarez

Banned
Oh they are targeting the tumblr crowd something fierce here.

To be fair, if you're gonna make a new Batgirl for 2014, this is EXACTLY the kind of shit you should be mining, especially Veronica Mars. And, not to belabor the point, but hey, another woman on a DC ongoing. I don't know who's making those decisions but they're great fucking decisions.

I did like the recent issue that went back to Yvette's past, though. And the story arc before that was good, it was just a bit disappointing that they didn't revisit Sahara and Horn during that whole arc.

Yeah, I'm hoping that now that we have the backstory fleshed out that these threads can start to come together.

BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER #1
ALES KOT (W) • MARCO RUDY (A/C)

ifT7vL1GuWUTa.gif

Grayson was alright.

Helena B.'s black now though? I can dig it

BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER #1
ALES KOT (W) • MARCO RUDY (A/C)

Oooh.

I would actually start reading Birds of Prey again if Simone was put on it.

I dunno man. She already lost the magic that made most of volume 1 great with volume 2, and she's just been getting worse ever since the new 52 started.

I don't mind if it goes a couple of issues, like say 2 months of cross over. When you start getting into 3 + months of cross over it just becomes dragged out.

Trial of Jean Grey felt like the perfect length for a crossover event. It was 2 issues from All-New X-Men, and 2 issues from Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom