• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see this. Red Lanterns has been doing the stuff with Atrocitus and Guy Gardner, and the new Red Lanterns. New Guardians has been Kyle, Carol and the Guardians going on a mission of exploration. Only Green Lantern and Corps has dealt with the Durlans and each has done so in its own way and those two books have traditionally been different sides of the same coin.

I admit, I dropped out of GL and GLC after Lights Out. New Guardians has been okay to good and I love me some Kyle. Red Lanterns has been pretty good.

Zombine

Banned
The Lovecraft Waifu thread has backed up my claims that very little positivity comes out of the Sonic community. Thanks Sonic comic for these new nightmares.

Ended up ordering these today:

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol.1-4 (Miles Morales version)
Spider-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1
Kick Ass 1+2 blu rays

Then im planning on trying out the Thanos Imperative recommendation I got next.

And I'm now sitting down to start rewatching the Justice League cartoon so its been a pretty good comics day so far!

Tendo

So I got Marvel unlimited. The no HD kind of sucks but man am I overwhelmed with great stuff to read. Starting with NOVA right after Annhilation Conquest ended. So much great stuff to read! I especially excited about eating up Cosmic Marvel. I'm a huge fan of Marvel Heroes and I want all these guys playable!

We've got Batgirl and Catwoman to look forward to, forget about the Lanterns.

Yeah, I tried the Green Lantern books when the reboot happened, but I just couldn't get into them. But then, I'd been reading the Geoff Johns run since it started at that point. It was probably just Green Lantern fatigue. Though I really have no desire to start reading that series again.

You know this actually made me smile. Its nice to be really excited for both of these books again. I felt Batgirl was good but beginning to coast and the fresh creative should do really well. We all know how I feel about Catwomans change. Exciting times ahead for dc fans.

Exciting times ahead! The new creative team seems to line up more or less with the time-frame that Selina is supposed to start her move into the Kingpin of Gotham role in Batman Eternal. Looking forward to seeing what happens with the story, now.

Well, this is sort of interesting.
In October, Vertigo ongoings will have no cover. The cover will be the first page.

On the one hand, that seems like a pretty odd gimmick. On the other hand, you've got one extra page of story for the same price. Dunno.

That's..... strange.

Owzers

DC always said they hated "previously on" pages since they wanted people to open the book and get right into the story. No covers seems like the next step Xo

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to let the rest of ComicGAF know that there is an exclusive Loot Crate Variant of Rocket Raccoon #1 in this month's loot crate.

Now, I'm not so sure that it is Gamestop-Variant levels of exclusive, but it's pretty damn close.

At the very least, a year or so from now a mint copy can help you out with half the cost of a new pair of tires.

I think at this point I am going to be the Messi equivalent for Klarion The Witch Boy....

I've never read Seven Soldiers. I'm going to remedy that when I put in an IST order later today. I was going to wait until Seconds comes out this week, but I'm going to buy that from my local Barnes & Noble, since they already have their copies to sell on Tuesday, and I NEED IT NAO.

I just wanted to let the rest of ComicGAF know that there is an exclusive Loot Crate Variant of Rocket Raccoon #1 in this month's loot crate.

Now, I'm not so sure that it is Gamestop-Variant levels of exclusive, but it's pretty damn close.

At the very least, a year or so from now a mint copy can help you out with half the cost of a new pair of tires.

I'm pretty sure that there was an article around somewhere that said that lootcrate was responsible for like 150,000+ of those orders.

Ended up ordering these today:

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol.1-4 (Miles Morales version)
Spider-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1
Kick Ass 1+2 blu rays

Then im planning on trying out the Thanos Imperative recommendation I got next.

And I'm now sitting down to start rewatching the Justice League cartoon so its been a pretty good comics day so far!
If you're gonna start Guardians of the Galaxy then save The Thanos Imperative for last. It works as a standalone story but it is definitely a conclusion for Cosmic Marvel by that particular creative team.

Soodanim

I want to grab some Suicide Squad on comixology, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Can anyone recommend a particular year and/or volume?

No one talking about Spider-Man 2099 this week? #1 was a solid, if expected issue. I really liked both the original 2099 series, as well as his appearance in Superior Spider-Man so hopefully this series ends up being more than a gimmick.

Owzers

Superior Foes of Spider-Man vol 1 was the best thing i've read in awhile, the only drawback were all the pop-culturey references, didn't seem like it fit with Boomerang that well, and my paperback's cover and back cover curled. I loved Lieber on art and the expressions he gave characters. Not so random: 9/10.

Messi

I visited one of those American comic shops today. You fuckers are spoilt.

Got myself issue 33 of Y the last man for $2.99 mint. Really loved the cover when I seen it a few months back.

Also bought some harley variants and I seen the Harley premium format. Fuck. That statue is impressive in size and quality.

Zombine

Banned
I visited one of those American comic shops today. You fuckers are spoilt.

Got myself issue 33 of Y the last man for $2.99 mint. Really loved the cover when I seen it a few months back.

Also bought some harley variants and I seen the Harley premium format. Fuck. That statue is impressive in size and quality.

At least over in Ireland you get to wear Corduroys year round. I only get to wear them in the fall and winter.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
At least over in Ireland you get to wear Corduroys year round. I only get to wear them in the fall and winter.

At least in New York you get falls and winters. California forgot about fall and winter this year/last year.

Messi

Did you just "check your comic privilege" us, Messi?

Absolutely. I could have spent hours more in their. Boxes and boxes of stuff. All fairly decently priced. New books and variants aplenty. We don't get that shit. When we do its stupidly expensive.

I also got the final issue of Amanda Conners Pee Gee.

Fuck Corduroys

Absolutely. I could have spent hours more in their. Boxes and boxes of stuff. All fairly decently priced. New books and variants aplenty. We don't get that shit. When we do its stupidly expensive.

Truly, there are no cats in America.

Does that mean you have the whole Amanda Conners run in singles now?

As a life long New Yorker; Fall is amazing, winter can kiss my ass. I want to join Cali GAF asap.

Nah son. North West GAF is superior GAF.

Fuck Corduroys

To be fair, Orlando surprisingly has a large amount of fairly awesome comic book shops. Not all of them are like that. The one closest to me has about 3 boxes of old comics and like 5 statues, and just new stuff.

NJ all my life, and I so desperately want to join Cali-gaf. San Diego is a paradise on Earth.

TX-gaf checking in, only bad thing about my shops is they don't offer many discounts. My main LCS sale their back issues by bumping up the cover price a dollar. At least we occasionally get guest artist and stuff.

Also the weather sucks

Kipp

Nah son. North West GAF is superior GAF.

I can agree with that.
Just visited Seattle for I think the third time a few months back. I love Washington. The weather is pretty reasonable for being quite far north and it's just so green up there. The culture in Seattle (and other places around Washington from what I've seen) is really great, too.

NJ all my life, and I so desperately want to join Cali-gaf. San Diego is a paradise on Earth.

San Diego undoubtedly has some of the best weather year-round of anywhere. It's just the wrong place for me. Haha. I'm frugal, like colder weather, love nature, and don't like the beach. San Diego is expensive, tends to be hotter (though the weather is my favorite part about SD by far), is just endless suburbs with no nature, and is famous for the beaches. If I can find a job elsewhere, I'm gonna try to move somewhere new.
Grass is always greener, eh?

Kipp

You basically want to live in central New York, only the prices here may make you reconsider that.

Coincidentally, just a day or two ago, one of my friends posted some photos on Facebook of her trip to Ithaca and I thought to myself "I could live there." Haha

Zombine

Banned
Coincidentally, just a day or two ago, one of my friends posted some photos on Facebook of her trip to Ithaca and I thought to myself "I could live there." Haha

That would drive me nuts. There isn't a whole lot to do there. I like living right smack dab in the middle. We get what you're looking for, hit all the major upstate attractions within a 30 mile radius in all directions, and we just hop on amtrak for an hour and a half and we're in NYC. It's pretty perfect, but the weather is driving me away.

Kipp

That would drive me nuts. There isn't a whole lot to do there. I like living right smack dab in the middle. We get what you're looking for, hit all the major upstate attractions within a 30 mile radius in all directions, and we just hop on amtrak for an hour and a half and we're in NYC. It's pretty perfect, but the weather is driving me away.

That does sound like the best of both worlds.
I really want to live somewhere quiet though. Probably not in the middle of nowhere, but still somewhere quiet.
Especially ever since my neighbor (whose house is within 10 feet of my bedroom window) started renting his place as a vacation rental. Which means people on vacation every single weekend. And they always hang out on the patio and talk very loudly late into the night. And I have to try to get to sleep at 7:30pm or 8:30pm depending on which morning shift I'm working.
It's fun times.
With that said though, it's time for me to get to sleep. It's almost getting to be 7:30pm. Haha. Don't ask me why I need to be at work at 4am on a Sunday though, because I'm clueless.

Also, apologies to everyone for going way off topic. :p

Superior Foes of Spider-Man vol 1 was the best thing i've read in awhile, the only drawback were all the pop-culturey references, didn't seem like it fit with Boomerang that well, and my paperback's cover and back cover curled. I loved Lieber on art and the expressions he gave characters. Not so random: 9/10.

I'm always so happy to see other people trying this book, it really is a great series.

I like where I live in South Florida. I literally live right up the street from two comic shops and one of them is amazing. I've only ever been to one other shop when I was visiting one of my friends who lives in the desert in California... It made me so sad :( there was so little there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom