• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one else is posting so I might as well list

Batman Eternal #15
Batwoman #33
Harley Quinn Invades Comic-Con #1
Teen Titans #1
TMNT #36
Rat Queens #7
Wicked + Divine #2
Elektra #4
Ms. Marvel #6
Original Sin #6
Uncanny X-Men #23

Graphic Novels
Seconds

Finished All-Star Batman and Robin. I loved it. Not much else to say from what I said already. Glad I bought it and glad it is in my collection of Bat books. Hope we get to see the last 6 issues one day.

List!

BATMAN ETERNAL #15 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC CON INTL SAN DIEGO #1 $4.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #11 (WEEKLY) $2.99
ROBIN RISES OMEGA #1 $4.99
TEEN TITANS #1 $2.99
RAT QUEENS #7 (MR) $3.50
WICKED & DIVINE #2 (MR) $3.50
MS MARVEL #6 $2.99

ReiGun

List no Jutsu

Teen Titans #1 (against my better judgement; I just wanna read TT again, you guys :[ )
Rat Queens #7
Wicked + The Divine #2

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
San Diego undoubtedly has some of the best weather year-round of anywhere. It's just the wrong place for me. Haha. I'm frugal, like colder weather, love nature, and don't like the beach. San Diego is expensive, tends to be hotter (though the weather is my favorite part about SD by far), is just endless suburbs with no nature, and is famous for the beaches. If I can find a job elsewhere, I'm gonna try to move somewhere new.
Grass is always greener, eh?

You just need to know where to look.
This is right next to UCSD.

http://postimage.org/app.php

http://postimage.org/
And believe it or not this is what it looks like between Penasquitos and Mira Mesa. (both heavily developed suburbs)

http://postimage.org/
Or visit a local fishing hole.

http://postimage.org/app.php

TEEN TITANS #1

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-g-jtcK.gif

ROBIN RISES OMEGA #1

fuck_yeah.gif

Soodanim

Just try the first few issues of volume 1. If you don't like it, I hate you and you suck
Ha, well I think I'll like the villains as a team.

Start with the beginning of Ostrander's run and skip the rest.

The rest meaning anything not by Ostrander
Ostrander seems to be involved in both the 87-92 run and the 07-08 run. I hope you meant the newer one, because I'm not too fond of the older art styles.

Is the newest lot with Harley not worth getting?

Messi

Ostrander seems to be involved in both the 87-92 run and the 07-08 run. I hope you meant the newer one, because I'm not too fond of the older art styles.

Nope. It's trash.

I've heard decent things about Raise the Flag, but he def. means the older one. If you don't like older art, then... damn. I haven't read RtF but i imagine it builds off the old run. The New 52 stuff with Harley is straight up shit for the most part

The last like 10-12 issues of Suicide Squad leading up to the Forever Evil stuff (so basically after the Death of the Family tie ins up to issue #30ish) is fine and even good at times. It suffered more from creative team shifts than actual lack of quality.

Messi

The last like 10-12 issues of Suicide Squad leading up to the Forever Evil stuff (so basically after the Death of the Family tie ins up to issue #30ish) is fine and even good at times. It suffered more from creative team shifts than actual lack of quality.

How did you feel about those Death of the Family literary masterpieces in suicide squad?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You just need to know where to look.
This is right next to UCSD.

And believe it or not this is what it looks like between Penasquitos and Mira Mesa. (both heavily developed suburbs)

Or visit a local fishing hole.

I actually went to UCSD, so I was right across the street from Torrey Pines for a while. The park just has barely any greenery.
I should've said "green nature" rather than just "nature" in my post. :p
...Sort of embarassingly, I don't think I've ever actually been inside the state park though. I should probably go sometime.

The Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve or Palomar Mountain areas do look nice though and I haven't been (they're both a bit of a drive), so I'll have to make the trip sometime soon. Thanks for bringing those up!

Zombine

Banned
The cover of Teen Titans did not bother me even 1/10th as much as the controversy it started. I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but it's not...whatever the fuck people were saying about it.

tim1138

I meant the 87-92 run, as always the original is the best. The only redeeming part of the New 52 run were the four issues by Ales Kot, the rest is either completely forgettable or just flat out trash.

phoenixyz

List!

Batman Eternal #15
Robin Rises Omega #1
Teen Titans #1

Magneto #7

Wicked + Divine #2

and maybe that Harley Comic-Con special thingy.

I tell you this, with the compressed time line of the N52, how the fuck did he amass that many harleys to kill. I mean seriously looking at the amount of bones in that panel, he must have been killing 1 Harley a month in there until he met our beloved Harley.

I hope they retcon that issue out, if they haven't already.

I tell you this, with the compressed time line of the N52, how the fuck did he amass that many harleys to kill. I mean seriously looking at the amount of bones in that panel, he must have been killing 1 Harley a month in there until he met our beloved Harley.

I hope they retcon that issue out, if they haven't already.

It's not even an issue. He (Joker) is just talking shit.

mjc

Super old question, but how crummy is the Marvel Unlimited app on iPad? I just got one and I wanna read back issues. Kinda looking into Comixology too,..

Super old question, but how crummy is the Marvel Unlimited app on iPad? I just got one and I wanna read back issues. Kinda looking into Comixology too,..

I've heard Unlimited is pretty decent now. It's a good deal if you want to read older runs or back issues, it can save you a lot of money.

Comixology is amazing however. Besides the fact that the reader they have is great, the store has lots of content and they do sales very frequently.

Nesotenso

Getting back into comics after about a year off. Wanted to start Rat Queens when I saw that there was an animated series coming. How many issues are out right now?

Getting back into comics after about a year off. Wanted to start Rat Queens when I saw that there was an animated series coming. How many issues are out right now?

6 with number 7 coming out this week.

The first trade is out though and it collects the first five issues for like $10. It's easy to catch up.

Zombine

Banned
If I end up liking Unknown Soldier, what's the deal with the book written by Ennis? Is that a different series, the original, or continuation of vol 1-4?

With all of the world’s threats having been handled long ago by their parents, the next generation of supers – including Chris Kent, Damien Wayne, Alexis Luthor, Offspring, Megamorpho, Donna Troy and more – find themselves labeled as superstars more often than super heroes. But with that fame comes complacency, and when a massive threat unlike anything they’ve ever seen surfaces, this pampered crew finds themselves in way over their head. What secret is Damien keeping from Chris that could tear the world’s finest friends apart? Who is the mysterious killer lurking behind the scenes among these spoiled super-children? And what chance do they stand against the monstrous villain that’s murdering its way cross the Multiverse? All that and more in this exciting stand-alone issue which also acts as chapter three of the MULTIVERSITY saga. Join us, if your dare, for THE MULTIVERSITY!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
With all of the world’s threats having been handled long ago by their parents, the next generation of supers – including Chris Kent, Damien Wayne, Alexis Luthor, Offspring, Megamorpho, Donna Troy and more – find themselves labeled as superstars more often than super heroes. But with that fame comes complacency, and when a massive threat unlike anything they’ve ever seen surfaces, this pampered crew finds themselves in way over their head. What secret is Damien keeping from Chris that could tear the world’s finest friends apart? Who is the mysterious killer lurking behind the scenes among these spoiled super-children? And what chance do they stand against the monstrous villain that’s murdering its way cross the Multiverse? All that and more in this exciting stand-alone issue which also acts as chapter three of the MULTIVERSITY saga. Join us, if your dare, for THE MULTIVERSITY!
Do we know if these are going to be longer issues?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Multiversity looks so good. I can't wait to read it
in October 2015

Messi

why is there a dungeon of dead harleys

In the death of the family issues of suicide squad, Joker on his return beats the shit out of Harley for no real reason. Eventually leading to him chaining her up in a dungeon where he has hidden the corpses of the previous Harley Quinns. It's incredibly shit and they don't talk about it anymore. Most fans choose to believe he was just trying to scare her.

Awful issues.

Enjoy these abuse pictures. Keep in mind the first one is the first time Harley has seen Joker in months

tumblr_mdi0elH26p1qgfe3m.jpg

joker-wants-to-hang.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom