• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

It actually ended a number of months ago. Matt Fraction just doesn't have to pretend to give a shit anymore.

tumblr_mfup4ksqVL1qis1uxo1_500.gif

Zombine

Banned
Not cool, bro.

Wonderful, charming book which led to Marvel taking many more chances with quirky little solo and team books. Hawkguy was one of the few books I blindly doubled down on when I was first getting back into books and I loved it.

With that said, the release schedule killed the momentum of the story, and like GH said, at this point many of us no longer care.

I will be there for the hardcover/omnibus though.

Hawkeye will read well once it's collected. Sad to see it end but at the same time it's been months since the Clint cliffhanger and that sucks.

Messi

February 26th. So it seems like it was on a fairly regular release pattern before that.

Except before that they changed to the split releases with Kate and Clint. With different artists. And sometimes we got double Kate because Aja wasn't done. Kate has been carrying the series for months.

Give me an Annie Wu/Fraction Hawkgal

Zombine

Banned
Except before that they changed to the split releases with Kate and Clint. With different artists. And sometimes we got double Kate because Aja wasn't done. Kate has been carrying the series for months.

Give me an Annie Wu/Fraction Hawkgal

And the dog cartoon issue which was fun, but the equivalent of the episode "Fly" in Breaking Bad.

Zombine

Banned
We're all like "Man, Hawkeye sure was good. Look at what a shit show it has been since the beginning. Fuck this book. Pre-ordering the Omni on Amazon right now."

Messi

We're all like "Man, Hawkeye sure was good. Look at what a shit show it has been since the beginning. Fuck this book. Pre-ordering the Omni on Amazon right now."

The thing is the content is fine. The delays killed it, all together in the right order in an omni I am sure it will be fantastic.

Zombine

Banned
I am honestly intrigued by the delays, the creative process, and how the story came to be. Forget CBR or ComicVine interviews or whatever...this is one of the few books which have transcended the genre, and really deserves an In-depth look at how it was a miracle that even the first issue made it to print.

I'm hoping that the Omni isn't bare bones and contains a lot of that material.

IrishNinja

wow, yeah i can see why people'd wanna forget that dungeon full of harleys...man i didn't like anything about death of the family, looking back

Good riddance. Put that poor series out of it's misery and give Kate her own book.

seriously? we've seen shittier release schedules on much lesser books, really don't get this attitude

Hopefully Hawkguy ending means that the second oversized hardcover can release.

reminds me, i gotta go grab the first one!

Messi

wow, yeah i can see why people'd wanna forget that dungeon full of harleys...man i didn't like anything about death of the family, looking back

seriously? we've seen shittier release schedules on much lesser books, really don't get this attitude

reminds me, i gotta go grab the first one!

It wasn't just the release schedule.

Tizoc

Where the fuck are my new issues of Orc Stain and Rat Queens?

Savitar

It would take nothing to whip her up really if she doesn't.

And Gail not having her in the book would be a shocker as Gail has been pushing for more types of people than just straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom