• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Have to see a 360 view of the Chiang one before I decide...those sharp faces of his can probably go pretty wrong in 3D.

Tony Daniel one looks cool too. I like how they have been pretty much giving all of the artist's free reign on her design/weapons. The Batman Black & White and whatever they call the Superman line seem pretty standard.

Bombshells Lois is definitely bought...Hawkgirl possibly.

that's my problem, it's such a unique line that i don't know if i want to have just one random statue of it, and i don't want more.

You don't need to own them all. I'm just going to buy the ones I like. This is just the first one that compels me to invest in one. I'm hoping for a Batwoman bombshell statue as well.

ReiGun

I've liked all the Bombshells for the most part; I'm just not really a statue guy.

Lois broke me though. I just love that one so, so much. I'll probably get Wonder Woman and Mera (whenever it comes out) to go along with it. If DC Collectibles want to be real G's and drop a Bombshell Vixen, I could get that one.

Messi

BsTrmr6CYAEp229.jpg

Bombshell game done changed, y'all.

Damn son.

Parch

Are those Bombshell statues based on a comic series? Which one?

I'm not a fan of the busts, but some of those full body poses are absolutely gorgeous. Makes my baseball bobbleheads look like garbage.

Messi

Are those Bombshell statues based on a comic series? Which one?

I'm not a fan of the busts, but some of those full body poses are absolutely gorgeous. Makes my baseball bobbleheads look like garbage.

It's based on art by Ant Lucia not a comic book.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
WOW. Just finished the two issue arc of Unknown Soldier where Unknown Soldier and Paul make the trek to Paul's village. That was incredible. And then reading the information about the artist from the Congo who drew those two issues just made it even better.
This comic is insanely good.

I should mention that all the previous arcs have been fantastic as well, but that two issue one I just read was especially unique and brilliant and just floored me.

You weren't kidding about this just getting better and better, Tim.

I present my pièce de résistance. The first preview of 'Batgirls'

Hipster Batgirl:

igMfjTFpzH3q6.png

Because if you're gonna be hip and cool, you gotta smoke.

I should definitely send this to that tumblr.

Edit: LOL dammit. I knew something pretty big was off. Drew the wrong fingers holding the cigarette. Um. I guess she smokes her cigarettes with her pinky and ring finger. That's how damn cool she is.

This post is seriously underrated, right down to the edit.

Kipp

Great page from The Auteur #5:

Oh man. That's awesome. I'm definitely gonna read that when it goes to trade.

Also, that's got me thinking. A comics rendition of any of Hunter S. Thompson's novels could be so incredible. I'd personally love to see The Curse of Lono as a graphic novel. It'd be perfect.

This post is seriously underrated, right down to the edit.

Haha. Thanks for being my biggest fan. I appreciate your appreciation. :p

He told us quite a few times how he has the Six Gun Gorilla singles and we don't. Maybe we aren't worthy of his comic superstardom.

I don't understand why people are so dramatic about leaving forums. Maquinon left, too. But I'm sure she still browses GAF.

I like All-Star Batman & Robin at the halfway point. :shrug: Sure, it is an extreme take on a character and events that happened, but there is some truth to be found in there somewhere. Jim Lees art is stunning. Millers dialog is corny sometimes but I really feel this was not Miller losing his grasp on things, just an angle most people don't see things from. Only halfway through but I like it so far.

DustinC

Hot damn, that Lois bombshell statue is pretty great. I'd give serious though to picking that up if I actually had space for it.

Who is going to take the gamble on woods moon knight then+
I'll see if someone is selling a comixology code on ebay for a buck.

Btw, I hope we get a long haired Catwoman soon. It's been way too long since we last saw her. We already have Alfred's daughter, Harper Rowe and Catwoman with the same cut.

Btw, I hope we get a long haired Catwoman soon. It's been way too long since we last saw her. We already have Alfred's daughter, Harper Rowe and Catwoman with the same cut.

I don't know, I think the short-hair works best for Selina. And she's likely to keep the cut for a good while considering she still had it in that Batman Eternal preview way back when, and that was supposed to be set pretty far in from where we are now.

Cade

I'll see if someone is selling a comixology code on ebay for a buck.

?

how much of Batman have I missed? when was this character (re)introduced?

what is happening

I don't know, I think the short-hair works best for Selina. And she's likely to keep the cut for a good while considering she still had it in that Batman Eternal preview way back when, and that was supposed to be set pretty far in from where we are now.
1398914781778.gif

?
how much of Batman have I missed? when was this character (re)introduced?
what is happening
She makes her debut in Batman Eternal 9.

Damnit DC, stop making me spend money!
DC Collectibles just hits all the right spots. Looks like I am jumping in the bombshell game. The WW statues are pretty schway, there was one on preorder a few months ago I should've bought, she kinda looks like Young Wonder Woman from the Zero Month....

Little disappointed in gheir action figure releases for yhe month though. Need new Cosrume Batgirl instead.

Tizoc

In stock trades are awesome, got my delivery after a few mishaps from my end and thebooks are in great condition.

Future's End. This book has gone nowhere. I dont think anything will happen until oneshot month in September.
Deadly Class. Rick Remender is the most successful masochist in comics. But being straight edge I just don't get these brahs. Wes Craigh and Lee Loughridge insatiable.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Maybe, but "Girls" was fucking shite.

no u r shite

For me, Girls is just below Louie tier. Saying sweet and important things that rarely get said on TV. I like how self involved and terrible they all are, and I find the approach towards physicality quite refreshing. Lena is a dumpy lil hero.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Future's End. This book has gone nowhere. I dont think anything will happen until oneshot month in September.
Deadly Class. Rick Remender is the most successful masochist in comics. But being straight edge I just don't get these brahs. Wes Craigh and Lee Loughridge insatiable.

God yeah. tbh I don't know why I'm still reading it, but the car crash aspect is perhaps pulling me through it. Fifty Sue? REALLY?? Supervillains in costume in a pub plotting to rob somewhere? REALLY?? Red Robin's beard?? It oscillates between boring and stupid so rapidly. And they need to stop getting Giffen doing layouts, he's really not good. He made 52 blander than it should have been too.

Messi

Short hair works best for selina, let them other hoes change.

no u r shite

For me, Girls is just below Louie tier. Saying sweet and important things that rarely get said on TV. I like how self involved and terrible they all are, and I find the approach towards physicality quite refreshing. Lena is a dumpy lil hero.

YES! Someone who shares my opinions. Lets be friends.

--

I get the feeling that Lois Lane Bombshell is gonna go like hotcakes.

Owzers

has there been any good Lois Lane stuff like Harley Mad Love that i missed? I'm struggling to think of anything i've ever liked with Lois Lane in it outside of All Star Superman.

Kipp

I like All-Star Batman & Robin at the halfway point. :shrug: Sure, it is an extreme take on a character and events that happened, but there is some truth to be found in there somewhere. Jim Lees art is stunning. Millers dialog is corny sometimes but I really feel this was not Miller losing his grasp on things, just an angle most people don't see things from. Only halfway through but I like it so far.

Finally someone who sees eye-to-eye with me on All Star B&R!
I felt the exact same way about it. I didn't think it was the greatest Batman story of all time either, but I definitely thought it was a good, fun read and it was just Miller taking things to their total extremes.
In that Miller/Eisner book I read a few months back, Miller talks about how people feel that Batman is so sacred and if you change one tiny thing about him, people go nuts, and Miller was intentionally was stepping outside the box with him. Just saying this to back up the thought that Miller really isn't losing it, he just made a conscious decision to take Batman to the total extremities (and probably beyond) of his character and personality.

But yeah, thanks for making me feel less crazy by acknowledging that you're enjoying it too. :p

How about that superior foam packing?

I saved a box so I can do an IST/Amazon comparison shot.

I usually buy at least one oversized hardcover in my order, so I've only gotten superior foam packing once. I usually just get boring, old packing peanuts. :'(
#oversizedhardcoverproblems

For clarity, I should add that the orders with the packing peanuts arrive just as 100% flawless as the orders with the foam. IST is best ever.

Wait. Girls is in the same vein as Louie? Louie is one of my all-time favorites because of exactly what you said: It says those sweet and important things that rarely get said on TV.
I really ought to check out Girls sometime.

dan2026

Catwoman looks best with short hair. Long hair on her just looks weird. And also doesnt make much sense to have long hair in combat.

Yo GH!

JLUannual_01.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED ANNUAL #1

Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art and cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN

On sale OCTOBER 29 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

The Infinitus Saga begins as the Legion of Super-Heroes arrive with the shocking news that the 31st century has been destroyed! Now it’s up to the Justice League United to save the future!

Yen

Hi guys
I remember this thread about Thor Godbomb which sold me on the comic, and was wondering were whether these were the correct TPs of that arc 1, 2?
I ask (this silly question) because I'm not a regular comic reader, certainly not new/current stuff, so just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm interested in Wolverine & The X-Men. Sometimes I read posts saying that there are a few issues that are so-so but I'm not sure which ones. I think it's something that ties in with a multi-book saga that was going on at the time? I'm wondering if that part is skippable or if it's fun enough and I should just read the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom