• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

October solicits are coming out. Look at this team-up!

BshlWTQIMAAUHKb.jpg

Oh Omg Omg Omg

Finally a reason for the Harleycape to exist. The true hero we deserve.

If Amanda Conner doesn't do a print of that cover I will be very disappointed :/

Edit : it's scratch and sniff? I've always wanted to smell harley.
I'm joking... I think

studyguy

So I bought like all the volumes of Ultimate Spider Man. The Miles Morales Spider Man... Shit's pretty damn good. Comxiology is nifty as hell, but honestly it seemed sorta pricey relative to what my expectations were. I recall hearing issues being two dollars a piece and such, but I suppose it goes without saying that an entire volume adds up. At the end I was like that was great, but man the cost crept up on me!

Anyway, nifty stuff, I really don't know what else I might like. Also the text trying to constantly do back and forth is a little weird. Like conversational, but it doesn't always seem to work idk.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh Omg Omg Omg

It's like that team-up was made for you, Messi. Either that or DC just knows its niche fanbases very well. :p

Also, I totally predicted a Power Girl team-up with my MSPaint avatar (we'll just ignore the fact that it was a team-up with Zatanna). So it's official: My avatars are prophetic. But also slightly inaccurate.
Korupt and I should have a team-up as the ComicGAF Prophets.

JJD

So I've just read the Thor/Loki Original Sin tie in and I've got to ask this GAF...who the fuck gives a shit about Angela???

Hmm, I like Angela with the GOTG as this extradimensional warrior woman that ends up having to just deal with her situation. I guess, as much hate as the current GOTG run gets, I like her dynamic on the team.

But I'm not really interested in whatever ties she may now have to Thor/Asgard. I guess if I had my way they'd just keep her a origins a mystery and build her character from there.

Anyway, nifty stuff, I really don't know what else I might like. Also the text trying to constantly do back and forth is a little weird. Like conversational, but it doesn't always seem to work idk.
Ah yes, Bendis word bubbles are always fun.

Try out Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

On DC's press news blog. The link to view the solicit text is broken though so you can only see cover previews.
It's taunting me so.

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4
Written by DAN DIDIO and KEITH GIFFEN
Art by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale OCTOBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Following their battle against Mantis, a Boom Tube mishap forces the Forever People to find alternative transportation back to New Genesis. After getting some unexpected help from Bat Cow, they arrive home to learn that Azur Te has come to join the team – and Guy Gardner has brought the Green Lantern/New Gods conflict to their doorstep!

Well, looks like the Lantern event kinda ties into this.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm sorry, but, aren't we gonna talk about that Red Hood And The Outlaws solicit? Because come on, people. COME ON. Look at this fucking comedy gold.
Written by WILL PFEIFER
Art by R.B. SILVA
Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
On sale OCTOBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Things are spinning out of control for the Outlaws when Roy realizes that he’s the only member of the team not abusing drugs!

tim1138

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4
Written by DAN DIDIO and KEITH GIFFEN
Art by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale OCTOBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Following their battle against Mantis, a Boom Tube mishap forces the Forever People to find alternative transportation back to New Genesis. After getting some unexpected help from Bat Cow, they arrive home to learn that Azur Te has come to join the team – and Guy Gardner has brought the Green Lantern/New Gods conflict to their doorstep!

Well, looks like the Lantern event kinda ties into this.

God dammit, they better not pull Forever People into Venditti's nonsense.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Come again?

Morrison does cover variants from time to time. Also, dude draws out every comic he writes, art and paneling and all that good shit, before giving the script to the artists.

Owzers

dc october solicits:

Batgirl 35, Catwoman 35, Gotham Academy #1, Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman statue as long as her right arm isn't really short like in one photo from cliff's website but it was at an odd angle so we'll see at SDCC actual shots of it.....and a couple other things. DCBS didn't ship Grayson #1 in my shipment even though they did add it, so i hope they don't cancel it and i have to wait for the trade..

studyguy

Ah yes, Bendis word bubbles are always fun.

Try out Hawkeye by Matt Fraction

Is Green Arrow any good?
I saw the show and it's pretty nice.

Also shit I thought this was a cheap hobby to play around in, but I can see how easily one or two volumes can avalanche if you keep picking up more and more. Feels like a steam sale when I jump on the app.

Anyone know if the Storm solo run is being released this week? searching google I can't find a solid date, just that its starts in july.

Zombine

Banned
Also shit I thought this was a cheap hobby to play around in, but I can see how easily one or two volumes can avalanche if you keep picking up more and more. Feels like a steam sale when I jump on the app.

When I started I said I would only read a few books.

3 years later and I just dropped about $500 on comic merch alone in June.

Anyone know if the Storm solo run is being released this week? searching google I can't find a solid date, just that its starts in july.
Not this week, according to previewsworld releases list.

------

I just want to say how crazily good X-force by Simon Spurrier has turned out. It's the antithesis of the previous bullcrap from Sam Humphries.

studyguy

When I started I said I would only read a few books.

3 years later and I just dropped about $500 on comic merch alone in June.

I get the just one more issue itch when I'm poking about and I see some side story I'd like to know more about. I can't imagine how one even gets well versed in these stories when all these different issues keep crossing one another. Seems easy to drop a pretty penny trying to get the scope of an entire conflict. I was reading through that Ultimate Spider man part about the whole Hydra conflict without knowing a lick of what any of it meant but wanting to know more. Just gotta buy all these other issues D:

I can totally understand, it's nuts lol.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Green Arrow any good?
I saw the show and it's pretty nice.

Yes, start at issue 17, never look back, and you're good 'til Lemire and Sorrentino leave the book in October.

Also, hahaha, this hobby is dumb expensive.

Guys it's been three weeks since I've gotten my comics. I've run out of backlog that isn't old Legion stuff. Now I'm rereading Waids Legion run. Send help. And comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom