• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Scandal Savage even freaking exist in the new 52?

She hasn't been seen yet to my knowledge but they did a three issue arc in DC Universe Presents, that dealt with one of Vandal Savages other daughters, Kassidy, who is an FBI agent.

tumblr_m46n0k5WmI1r5dam7.jpg

Zombine

Banned
well, she does seem like a very nice person

I loved Hawkeye from day 1. The talk around here for the past few weeks has been that Hawkeye's creative team is, and has been struggling to get the book out on time. There was even a moment where nobody was even sure if it would even be finished. The book is the Breaking Bad of the comic industry. Give it one last good arc, wrap up the plot points, and send it off into the sunset. I would prefer it to be "put out of it's misery" with a Kate book spun off from the title, rather than wait months and months for a book to get half way through it's run then get canceled.

It's all for the best, and the book will benefit from ending sooner rather than later.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just wish Hawkeye had kept the momentum it had, even if it ended after the same number of issues. The comic's a real gem, and I'm sure it'll stay way up there in my all-time top 10.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
speaking of cool books that got delayed and nobody knows why

Nowhere Men. Nowhere to be seen. There were three issues solicited for earlier this year, and they disappeared. What the hell. Is the book ever going to return?

It's done brah!

@dandidio1: I just finished reading Multiversity #1, possibly the craziest ride ever from Grant and Ivan. I truly believe the comic is haunted.

I was really referencing the probable wait for the trade.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
also, its Sunday so time for random Frank Miller page

I really gotta read Dark Knight Returns again soon. What makes me happy is that I barely remembered that excellent page, so I'm probably going to be able to read it like it's the first time. Haha

Hopefully Hawkguy ending means that the second oversized hardcover can release.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be into that, lemme contact Kipp about doing some art.

I'm down.

If I end up liking Unknown Soldier, what's the deal with the book written by Ennis? Is that a different series, the original, or continuation of vol 1-4?

I'm curious about this too. I don't think I've heard anything about Ennis's little run. One thing I can say is I highly doubt it could hold a candle to Dysart's incredible run.
Also, did "If I end up liking Unknown Soldier" imply that you've already ordered the trades? :D

*Multiversity #3 solicit*

Oooooh man.
Somebody tell me when can I pre-order the Absolute Edition. 2019?
Multiversity is one book I'm tempted to pick up in floppies. Half because I want in on the hype, and half because it will inevitably take eons for the collected edition to come out.

Zombine

Banned
I really gotta read Dark Knight Returns again soon. What makes me happy is that I barely remembered that excellent page, so I'm probably going to be able to read it like it's the first

I'm curious about this too. I don't think I've heard anything about Ennis's little run. One thing I can say is I highly doubt it could hold a candle to Dysart's incredible run.
Also, did "If I end up liking Unknown Soldier" imply that you've already ordered the trades? :D

Heck yes! I quadrupled down on Unknown Soldier. So damn cheap for what I assume is probably one of the best books I'll ever read.

Martha Washington is better than Watchmen, btw.

dan2026

Isn't Multiversity the culmination of Grant Morrison's magic ritual to bring the DC universe to life?

I for one welcome our new meta-human overlords.

Kipp

Heck yes! I quadrupled down on Unknown Soldier. So damn cheap for what I assume is probably one of the best books I'll ever read.

Martha Washington is better than Watchmen, btw.

Awesome!

And it sure is! :D
So glad you're loving it as much as I did!

Owzers

I thought Hawkeye non-kate issues really dragged and with all the delays the jumping around in time regarding the ongoing events to show things at different angles didn't work for me. With those delays, it felt like a complete lack of progression.

Messi

Soooo, what the hell is everyone reading this weekend? Last week's pick ups? Backlog material? Yearly re-reads?

I read volume one of Depressed L'il Boy. Never again.

Then I would have to go with:

Harley Quinn
Deadshot
Giganta
King Shark
Black Alice
Catman

I think Harley is in too many books if she is on that team, other than at not a bad list. More King Shark is always good.

I think Harley is in too many books if she is on that team, other than at not a bad list. More King Shark is always good.

Understandable, but I'd really love to see how Simone would write her.

Soooo, what the hell is everyone reading this weekend? Last week's pick ups? Backlog material? Yearly re-reads?

Right now I'm working my way through the currently released volumes of the Gundam Origin manga. After that, I'll probably read through Big Damn Sin City. Also ordered Seven Soldiers of Victory HC 01, Seven Soldiers of Victory HC 02, and Powers Definitive Edition HC 06 from IST the other day.

And I'm totally looking forward to grabbing Seconds (from Bryan O'Malley) on Tuesday.

Been reading manga the past few nights but I'm probably gonna try to read more Empowered tonight so I can get it out of my backlog.

I have an IST order coming in soon. Excited to read the Shazam hardcover and the Rocket Raccoon & Groot novel!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've been reading the 2010 Conner Power Girl run after hearing it recommended on here a bunch, it's pretty fun stuff! Only a few issues in so far though. That run and Power Trip are both good, right?

I've been reading the 2010 Conner Power Girl run after hearing it recommended on here a bunch, it's pretty fun stuff! Only a few issues in so far though. That run and Power Trip are both good, right?

Power Trip IS the Amanda Conner run

One of my favorite comic runs. It makes me so happy.

Messi

It's really good all around. As has been said that run is the Power Trip run.

Amanda Conner is involved in some really good upbeat comics. Rarely do her books leave me feeling shitty.

Got my books yesterday and only read the new #1's so far.

Grayson #1 - I loved it. The only disappointing thing about it was a lack of cast so far but for a #1 I can see what they were going for.
I hope we see more than just Helena and Spiral face as the series progresses, Dick is living in a girls dormitory so I'm wondering if there will be a "100 Girls" situation going on.
Janin was spectacular and I look forward to the next issue.

Spider-Man 2099 #1 - I liked it. Almost the same thing with Grayson, a lot of action but the characters building is lacking.

Rocket Raccoon #1 - Loved it. The art is fabulous and I 'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Messi

Oh, right. My library had some trades in, the one I have is A New Beginning, is Power Trip just a collection of the entire run?

Yep, Power Trip collects JSA: Classified 1-4 and Power Girl #1-12

A new beginning is 1-6 of Power Girl. JSA classified is worth reading too.

Got my books yesterday and only read the new #1's so far.

Grayson #1 - I loved it. The only disappointing thing about it was a lack of cast so far but for a #1 I can see what they were going for.
I hope we see more than just Helena and Spiral face as the series progresses, Dick is living in a girls dormitory so I'm wondering if there will be a "100 Girls" situation going on.
Janin was spectacular and I look forward to the next issue.

Spider-Man 2099 #1 - I liked it. Almost the same thing with Grayson, a lot of action but the characters building is lacking.

Rocket Raccoon #1 - Loved it. The art is fabulous and I 'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Is Helena
The Huntress or someone else, as she just showed up in Batgirl and I think that is the earth 2 version.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just read this really fucked up old batman story from Legends of the Dark Knight 24-26 called Flyer. Batman fights a guy in a robot suit who is the son of a female nazi scientist. The scientist then tries to rape Batman and then her son gets all upset an Oedipal and calls Batman a faggot and they have a big fight. Batman calls her a bitch. It was mad.

I just read this really fucked up old batman story from Legends of the Dark Knight 24-26 called Flyer. Batman fights a guy in a robot suit who is the son of a female nazi scientist. The scientist then tries to rape Batman and then her son gets all upset an Oedipal and calls Batman a faggot and they have a big fight. Batman calls her a bitch. It was mad.

that sounds Howard Chaykin as fuck

Kipp

Just finished volume 3 of Unknown Soldier. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing how this wraps up in the last 5 issues. Whatever happens, I know it's going to be brilliant.

I should be able to finish Unknown Soldier tomorrow, then after that I'm really looking forward to starting Big Damn Sin City, which will be my first time reading Sin City! It's been too long since I've read something by Miller, so I'm really looking forward to that.

If it got a dick it makes Messi sick.

Messi must be a real hit with the ladies

Was caught off guard for a second since I thought you guys were talking about Lionel Messi. The one good thing about the World Cup ending is that "Messi" can once again become a name I recognize as "guy in the Comics thread who likes Harley a lot."
Too many Messis be messin' with my head.

Dan

I read JLA, Vol 4 (Morrison, Waid) and Atomic Robo, Vol 8.

Overall, I don't think I really liked this JLA run. There were a few good little stories, but too often it was yet another universe shattering mindfuck that felt like half-assed dry runs for what Morrison would eventually pull off with Final Crisis. I think the art hurt too, not real big on it, along with various little things. Plastic Man is annoying as shit, and I will never be able to tolerate that fugly mask Kyle Raynor wore as Green Lantern. Some hideous oversized metallic domino mask that makes no aesthetic sense.

Atomic Robo was great, as it usually is. Dr Dinosaur has yet to wear out his welcome, although I probably wouldn't want to see another full arc with him for some time.

Savitar

So heard about how IDW's Star Trek comic is doing a few bold moves with both the original and new time lines.

How so? It's pretty holy shit worthy.

Q goes to the movie parallel universe to have fun with Kirk and decides to show him the true meaning of the no win scenario. What does Q do? Introduce Kirk to the Borg?

Nope, something far more interesting. He brings the new Enterprise and crew to DS9........when the dominion hold it.

Dan

Half the time he's around, the universe is imploding and he's standing in the background cracking jokes like a poor man's Robin Williams. I'm surprised Batman never got over his distaste of guns and just capped him in the head for being a distraction.

Cheska

I have so much god damn nostalgia for the Claremont/Lee X-Men series since it's what initiated my interest to comics. Gambit, Psylocke, Jubilee <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom