• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting reading Robin Year One right after All-Star B&R. Feels like DG softened ol Bruce up and this is the sequel. Perfect continuation of the character.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Most anticipated books of the week:
She-Hulk #6
Wicked & Divine #2
Wonder Woman #33

Runners up:
Elektra #4
Fables #142
Magneto #7
Ms. Marvel #6

Also picking up:
Batwoman #33
Original Sin #6
Rat Queens #7
Secret Avengers #5
Silver Surfer #4
Supergirl #33
Uncanny X-Men #23
The Unwritten: Apocalypse #7
X-Men #16

tim1138

Hey Rafa, your path to comics superstardom just got a little clearer:

http://comicssurvivalkit.tumblr.com

The Comics Survival Kit
This forum is a collection of short articles designed to help new, aspiring comics creators to navigate all aspects of the industry. The intention is to provide both practical and creative advice on a wide variety of topics, all from the minds of many of the best and most successful creators in comics.

LIST

ARCHIE COMICS:
LIFE W/ ARCHIE (Francavilla & Staples cover)

BOOM!:
TRANSLUCID #4

DC COMICS:
BATMAN ETERNAL #15
ROBIN RISES OMEGA #1
TEEN TITANS #1

IMAGE:
RAT QUEENS #7
WICKED + THE DEVINE #2

MARVEL:
ELEKTRA #4
ORIGINAL SIN #6

There once was a List from Nantucket.........

Batman Eternal
Batwoman
Green Lantern New Guardians
Harley Quinn Invades Comic-Con International San Diego
New 52 Futures End
Robin Rises Omega
Supergirl
Teen Titans
Wicked + The Divine

Zombine

Banned
List

DC
Robin Rises Omega #1
Supergirl #33
Teen Titans #1

Manifest Destiny #8
THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #2

Marvel
100th X-MEN #1
Elektra #4
Magneto #7
Miss Marvel #6
Secret Avengers #5
Silver Surfer #4
Uncanny X-Men #23
X-Men #16

Damn...way too much this week.

Please be joking.

Are you joking? It was the turning point in Walt's life. It was his "Problem Dog" speech.

Was I watching a different show? "Fly" and "Problem Dog" form a dramaturgical dyad, showing Walt and Jesse, respectively, at their purest state. The show doesn't exist without those episodes. Sure, there are no explosions or cool car chases or shootouts, but when were those ever the point of Breaking Bad?

Breaking Bad is "Fly" and "Problem Dog". It's Mike's story about the battered wife. It's Hank's story about his summer job.

Everything else is just trifles.

Superman: Doomed
(for anyone else who is curious)

April (Prologue)
•Action Comics #30
•Superman/Wonder Woman #7
•Superman #30

May (Infected)
•Superman: Doomed #1
•Action Comics #31
•Superman/Wonder Woman #8
•Batman/Superman #11
•Superman #31

June (Enemy of the State)
•Action Comics #32
•Superman/Wonder Woman #9

July (Superdoom)
•Action Comics #33
•Superman/Wonder Woman #10
•Action Comics Annual #3
•Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

August (Last Sun)
•Action Comics #34
•Supergirl #34
•Superman/Wonder Woman #11
•Superman: Doomed #2

Messi

List built to invade comic con

Batman Eternal #15
Batwoman #33
Harley Quinn Invades Comic Con #1
Robin Rises Omega #1

Rat Queens #7
Wicked and the Divine #2

Elektra #4
Magneto #7
Ms Marvel #6
Original Sin #6
Secret Avengers #5
She Hulk #6

Seconds
Black Widow Vol 1 TP
Deadly Class Vol 1 TP

Superman: Doomed
(for anyone else who is curious)

April (Prologue)
•Action Comics #30
•Superman/Wonder Woman #7
•Superman #30

May (Infected)
•Superman: Doomed #1
•Action Comics #31
•Superman/Wonder Woman #8
•Batman/Superman #11
•Superman #31

June (Enemy of the State)
•Action Comics #32
•Superman/Wonder Woman #9

July (Superdoom)
•Action Comics #33
•Superman/Wonder Woman #10
•Action Comics Annual #3
•Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1

August (Last Sun)
•Action Comics #34
•Supergirl #34
•Superman/Wonder Woman #11
•Superman: Doomed #2

18 issues, damn. I think if they had kept it to half that many issues at most it could have kept the pace that the first few had. I really fell like the middle just kind of comes to a screeching halt story wise.

Soooo, what the hell is everyone reading this weekend? Last week's pick ups? Backlog material? Yearly re-reads?

Read Alias volume 1 (It had issues 1 through 15). Quite decent. Need to find volume 2 now.

Started reading Chew from volume 1 again while waiting volume 8.

Waiting for the 20th so I can place my first IST order.

18 issues, damn. I think if they had kept it to half that many issues at most it could have kept the pace that the first few had. I really fell like the middle just kind of comes to a screeching halt story wise.

Yeah it is a bit overkill,, but I have really liked it overall so far. And the last few issues have been pretty good. I wish there was more of Doomsday in the beginning, it's the first I've really seen of him and I thought he was pretty badass.

I think it's been good overall too, but I feel like it's not at the same level it was when the crossover started. I feel like there's 4 issues maybe 1 or 2 more in the middle where a whole lot didn't happen. They could have easily been condensed to 1 or 2 issues.

Doomed has been a SHIT TON better than He'l on Earth, and I don't mean for it come off as saying the cross over is bad or anything. I just think less issue would have made it even better.

It's been my one consistent complaint for years now, some stories just get too many issues.

Damn, Chris Samnee.

Bsgn-RSIEAANvex.jpg

kd-z

Holy crap, I've been away on holiday for some time and you have written a crazy number of messages in this and last month's threads!

Anyway, some impressions on what I read after coming back.

Batman: Zero Year - Secret City - I was expecting to be absolutely blown away by it, but that didn't happen. The story was great, especially with how the Red Hood Gang was portrayed as a more modern threat than organized crime. I also loved the end sequence in
ACE Chemicals
- it was really tense. What I didn't like at all was how
the Riddler revealed himself RIGHT AFTER Bruce and Alfred had an emotional, meaningful scene. I hate it when that happens! Give it at least a little bit of time to stick!
Oh, and young Batman that actually gets emotional and sometimes likes to brag/bad mouth his opponents? Awesome.

Six-Gun Gorilla - so I read the first five issues on a train and then left it for two weeks. I came back to it today and was not disappointed. I'm pretty sure this might be my favourite comic ever (OK, so I've only been reading them for the past year and a half, but still) and one of my most beloved stories/things. It's a beautiful and touching story about how much fiction matters in our lives and how
everything ends, but the ending is what makes it matter and gives it meaning
. It's both a valuable life lesson, a meditation on fiction and a little bit of a critique of the neverending, never-changing nature of comics. It's fast paced, filled with fantastic dialogue and awesome lines (
"Classic scene." "Unconventional twist!"
) and expertly crafted. At one point there is a line of dialogue broken into two balloons and it blew my mind how much this actually mattered and how much this little trick helped achieve (
"Does that mean.That it never mattered?"
).

I love it love it love it LOVE IT. It's fantastic and you all should read it... please.

I'm totally gonna go all-in on Spurrier's X-Men Legacy next month. And I think it's high time I bought Morrison's Animal Man Omnibus.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm totally gonna go all-in on Spurrier's X-Men Legacy next month. And I think it's high time a bought Morrison's Animal Man Omnibus.

Yes it is, man. Yes it is.

Caught up on Earth 2. Tom Taylor was probably whacking off after he wrote that last page. Uuuuuuugggghhhhhh. And there is another akrytptonian on Earth??? Uuuuuuugggghhhhh. There has been absolutely mo characterization or personality added to these characters since this brah took over.

Caught up on Earth 2. Tom Taylor was probably whacking off after he wrote that last page. Uuuuuuugggghhhhhh. And there is another akrytptonian on Earth??? Uuuuuuugggghhhhh. There has been absolutely mo characterization or personality added to these characters since this brah took over.

Are we reading the same book?

ReAxion

List!

== Image ==
RAT QUEENS #7
WICKED & DIVINE #2 (should have the Zdarsky cover showing up at LCS!)

== Marvel ==
ELEKTRA #4
MAGNETO #7
MS MARVEL #6
ORIGINAL SIN #6
SECRET AVENGERS #5
SHE-HULK #6
SILVER SURFER #4

== Other ==
TRANSLUCID #4

Yes. Since Taylor took over the book has been nothing but stab, rippy, bloddy, stab stab, oh my hexk how are they killing these, faux estreme, stab, bloddy. It's a mess. No creativity. No passion. Tom Taylor is not ready for this level.

Did you forget to read the pages with Val and Jimmy's exchange (might have been in the last issue), or even Val and Lois's exchange. Or fuck the pure insanity and uncomfortable-ness of an insane Kal, trying to force his parents and a robotic Lois to have a Sunday dinner like nothing ever happened and he wasn't a murdering douche bag any more.

3 Original Sin 3 $3.99 Marvel 93,351
4 Harley Quinn 7 $2.99 DC 93,266

Oh, you know, just Harley Quinn competing with an event book. No big deal? The pin up cover is obviously giving it a significant boost because last issue was like 63k.

HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1
Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by JOHN TIMMS
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
DC Collectibles Bombshells variant by ANT LUCIA
On sale OCTOBER 29 • 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will arrive in stores with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
We have to warn you, readers: This issue stinks! Seriously! Like, unpleasant odors are literally in the story! In this first-ever HQ ANNUAL, take a trip to Harley’s home of Coney Island in a groundbreaking “scent-ticular” issue, featuring actual, honest-to-gosh smells. This issue comes polybagged to contain the stench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom