• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross has been killing it on weird, creepy faces lately

LifeWithArchie-37-AlexRoss-fbdde.jpg

Ross has always done weird faces, IMO.

fauxtrot

Banned
Are Marvel's old Star Wars comics just a retelling of the movies or are they original stories? I've only familiar with Dark Horse's releases.

What are the purpose of the cross marks on random sections of his splash page?

My guess is some sort of indication of a value change, artists mark. Maybe a technique he uses for perspective drawing? Could be any sort of thing like that. That's just from my own personal experience.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I'm almost 100 pages into Sin City. So far I'm not too impressed with the writing, but I'm totally loving the art. I had a feeling my favorite thing about Big Damn Sin City would be looking at Frank Miller art in the massively oversized format. His artistic methods in this are so creative and just really great. I am hoping I start enjoying the story more though.

Also, the whole time I've been reading it, I keep thinking to myself, "The people who think Miller has gone crazy in recent years clearly don't remember Sin City too well." The writing in this seems incredibly similar in style to me as the writing in All Star Batman & Robin and Holy Terror. I'm not trying to imply that the writing in Sin City is bad, by the way (I'm one of the people who doesn't think recent Miller stuff is terrible).
Does anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Cheska

IST Order!! Probably my smallest one yet :p

ALEX + ADA TP VOL 019
BIRDS OF PREY TP VOL 04 THE CRUELEST CUT (N52)
BLACK WIDOW TP VOL 01 FINELY WOVEN THREAD
CHEW OMNIVORE ED HC VOL 04 (MR)
DEADLY CLASS TP VOL 01 REAGAN YOUTH (MR)
SUPERGIRL TP VOL 04 OUT OF THE PAST (N52)
ROCKET GIRL TP VOL 01 TIMES SQUARED

So I'm almost 100 pages into Sin City. So far I'm not too impressed with the writing, but I'm totally loving the art. I had a feeling my favorite thing about Big Damn Sin City would be looking at Frank Miller art in the massively oversized format. His artistic methods in this are so creative and just really great. I am hoping I start enjoying the story more though.

Also, the whole time I've been reading it, I keep thinking to myself, "The people who think Miller has gone crazy in recent years clearly don't remember Sin City too well." The writing in this seems incredibly similar in style to me as the writing in All Star Batman & Robin and Holy Terror. I'm not trying to imply that the writing in Sin City is bad, by the way (I'm one of the people who doesn't think recent Miller stuff is terrible).
Does anyone else have any thoughts on that?
I think the issue is the kind of writing he does in Sin City became the ONLY type of writing he did from then on.

Zombine

Banned
So I'm almost 100 pages into Sin City. So far I'm not too impressed with the writing

"Whore" -Frank Miller

IST Order!! Probably my smallest one yet :p

ALEX + ADA TP VOL 019
BIRDS OF PREY TP VOL 04 THE CRUELEST CUT (N52)
BLACK WIDOW TP VOL 01 FINELY WOVEN THREAD
CHEW OMNIVORE ED HC VOL 04 (MR)
DEADLY CLASS TP VOL 01 REAGAN YOUTH (MR)
SUPERGIRL TP VOL 04 OUT OF THE PAST (N52)
ROCKET GIRL TP VOL 01 TIMES SQUARED

All of that probably cost less than the price of a single book at Messi's local shop. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom