• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, female Thor in the middle of Aaron's run- Axel would rather switch characters around in an attempt to sell instead of trying new pricing strategies to get more people into comics.

Still, if Aaron's on it I guess I'll still read (currently pulling the Thor/Angela/Loki mini) after all. I hope if it is Angela that she is fleshed out more. At least Thor's not dead, that's something.
Middle? At this point they could change creative teams seamlessly.

Oh boy, female Thor in the middle of Aaron's run- Axel would rather switch characters around in an attempt to sell instead of trying new pricing strategies to get more people into comics.

Still, if Aaron's on it I guess I'll still read (currently pulling the Thor/Angela/Loki mini) after all. I hope if it is Angela that she is fleshed out more. At least Thor's not dead, that's something.

Well we know cynicism isn't dead

yikes

that was a-rough

(https://screen.yahoo.com/crazy-doctors-office-misplaced-baby-000000581.html)

Boogiepop

FINALLY! After like 3-4 delays the last trade of the Mega Man/Sonic crossover Worlds Collide has shipped. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this book! My hatred towards Archie Comics will finally be able to diminish, at least a little.

FINALLY! After like 3-4 delays the last trade of the Mega Man/Sonic crossover Worlds Collide has shipped. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this book! My hatred towards Archie Comics will finally be able to diminish, at least a little.

What was the apparent hold up?

ElNarez

Banned
Well we know cynicism isn't dead

I mean, yo, "Thor gets replaced" is pretty much the most unoriginal Thor story. Two years ago he was Tanarus. At some point he was a frog. Now Thor's a woman. Big fucking deal.

No I'm not mad they canceled Journey Into Mystery Starring Sif.

Okay I'm a little mad.

Okay I'm hella mad.

I mean, yo, "Thor gets replaced" is pretty much the most unoriginal Thor story. Two years ago he was Tanarus. At some point he was a frog. Now Thor's a woman. Big fucking deal.

No I'm not mad they canceled Journey Into Mystery Starring Sif.

Okay I'm a little mad.

Okay I'm hella mad.

ya but like
wasn't what the dude was sayin really
iunno
whatevs
im readin seconds heah

Boogiepop

What was the apparent hold up?

I have absolutely no idea. At the very least whatever hit it also caused delays in pretty much all their Sonic and Mega Man trade releases that were scheduled around May, including one Mega Man trade that somehow got knocked back to September. If Amazon is to be trusted their whole release schedule has become kind of a mess as a result right now. I think the next two Sonic Universe trades are now scheduled to come out like the same week, with the later one actually coming out earlier.

Best I can figure is the Ken Penders lawsuit thing threw a wrench in the works, since one of the trades of older stuff went from being called "Enerjak Reborn" to "Evil Reborn," ditching the name of the Penders character. But if that's so it's still weird that it would effect the Mega Man stuff too.

Mostly I was just extra angry about this one because I've had the 6th Mega Man trade and the first two Worlds Collide trades sitting around since it was about to first come out, but since the contents of the Mega Man trade actually take place around the crossover I've held off on reading them.

Ross has been killing it on weird, creepy faces lately

LifeWithArchie-37-AlexRoss-fbdde.jpg

So, apparently the Legion is Jeff Lemire's favorite Superhero team? I knew the man had good taste.

From his blog:

My favourite super hero team of all time joins the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED this fall for an epic 6-PART storyline of cosmic proportions, called "THE INFINITUS SAGA".

The story will be massive in scope and will finally reveal the origin of Equinox, and include every single member of the LEGION teaming up with the JLU to stop a threat thousands of years in the making. The story will be illustrated by Neil Edwards.

Growing up, TEEN TITANS by George Perez and Marv Wolfman and LEGION OF SUPERHEROES by Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen.

I feel really lucky to be writing both teams this fall in JL UNITED and in TEEN TITANS EARTH ONE Vol.1, and original 144-page Graphic Novel illustrated by Terry and Rachel Dodson, out in November!

Voror

Got my Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. Was thinking of just sending it back since while I did want it, I didn't exactly need it. May keep it though since I got it far less than it usually is an already managed to make a lot of nice cuts.

Ross has been killing it on weird, creepy faces lately

LifeWithArchie-37-AlexRoss-fbdde.jpg

It's obvious enough what Ross was trying to do with that Archie cover - translate stylized Dan DeCarlo facial expressions into his own photorealistic style - but surely he should be able to figure out that cartoon facial expressions tend to look horrifying on real people. Same deal with that Batman art, which is clearly taking the same approach to Dick Sprang.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
...not sure how I feel about this.

Ugh. Seeing "Burnham" on the cover got me super excited for a moment, but then I realized it was Erik Burnham.

But yeah, not sure how I feel about that either. It could be great fun or it could be really dumb.

Had anyone actually read Seconds today?

....Um...... Well, you see.........

I'll probably start it later.

So did anyone see the Star Wars omnibus in Marvel's October solicits? Looks like they're gearing up for when Dark Horse loses dat license. Maybe Marvel will keep Brian Wood on a Star Wars comic. XD

I don't read any of my comics

I read my comics, it's the collected editions / graphic novels that are another story. I mean, I read them, but I acquire them faster than I actually get through them.

I already like her more than Thor.

The way they're marketing it is that this IS Thor. Not Thor-Thor, but she's not going to be Lady Thor, or Thor Girl (watch it actually BE Thor Girl lololololol). She will be known only as Thor.

And Tony Stark will try to have sex with her.

Had anyone actually read Seconds today?

Once I bought it, I was instructed by my boss aka The Wife, to bring it to her work so she can read it during her breaks. I have to work a rare Wednesday tomorrow so she is going to get my comics tomorrow and bring them to my work.

It looked good from what I skimmed over. I just finished up the Robin arc in Robin/Batgirl Year One and it was really good. Love the style and pretty much the feel good nature of Dick Grayson. He is becoming a favorite.

Cade

It looked good from what I skimmed over. I just finished up the Robin arc in Robin/Batgirl Year One and it was really good. Love the style and pretty much the feel good nature of Dick Grayson. He is becoming a favorite.

I love Dick. Best robin, best batman. I could look at Dick all day. Just pages of Dick. Cover to cover Dick.

tm24

So just caught up on last week's books. Holy shit Avengers 32 was so good. And the last 2 panels on the middle story sequence put the biggest smile on my face. I wish there was a way to give Hickman more of my money

I wonder if that is Angela? I mean she will be the oldest sibling right? anyhow I like this people forget Thor use to lose the title of Thor all the time.

That seems to be the theory. And I kinda can't imagine it not being her, though it does leave some story discrepancies concerning
her origin as told in GotG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom