• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockpunk

Just read about IDW's four-issue Ghostbusters/TMNT crossover - and it sounds like everything I wanted as a wee boy. ^_^

Still mad at them for cancelling the ongoing GB series, but hopefully sales will be strong in the 28-35 age range (anyone who grew up in the late 80s/early 90s) and encourage a revival of the standalone for a third run.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

tim1138

GO ON.

Spoil me breh.

Tomasi basically says fuck you to the N52 five year timeline and merges all of Morrison's run, his own B&R run, Death of the Family, and that first Supes/Bats arc. Basically Ra's has a splinter of some Chaos gem Supes broke in that initial Bats/Supes arc and Glorious Godfrey wants it back. Ra's of course hid it in Damian's sarcophagus which is how it ends up on Apokolips. There's a huge battle with Bats, Ra's, Frankenstein, and some ninjas against Godfrey and his forces. During this fight Talia's body is lost, Ra's falls in a pit, and Bats touches the gem and sees a vision of Damian saving everyone. He tries to hitch a ride back to Apokolips but the League shows up and unintentionally wrecks that plan. He decides to find a way to Apokolips to recover Damian's body and use the gem to bring him back to life.

Kipp

16 page thread on gaf about The New Woman They Call Thor. Congrats Axel. You won.

Why did you make me go in there. I read some posts on the last page, and it's a bunch of people saying she's sexualized because she isn't wearing historically accurate, practical armor. Oi.

From Babs the artist.

BsqgxwtCcAAg8OR.jpg

Was this known? After "Zero Year" ends, the series 'Batman' will be skipping ahead of 'Batman Eternal' in the timeline instead of running parallel, essentially spoiling the outcomes and new status quo established by the weekly series. Now by the time 'Eternal' ends, it will have caught up with next month's issue of 'Batman'.

http://www.newsarama.com/21585-scot...batman-s-jump-to-post-eternal-continuity.html

Have they aged Babs backwards for this new team? She seems much younger. I can't see the promo pictures for Babs being done by current Babs.
She got that Benjamin Button disease.

ReiGun

Have they aged Babs backwards for this new team? She seems much younger. I can't see the promo pictures for Babs being done by current Babs.
I've been saying since the announcement she looks fifteen. Certainly too young to be a grad student.

Was this known? After "Zero Year" ends, the series 'Batman' will be skipping ahead of 'Batman Eternal' in the timeline instead of running parallel, essentially spoiling the outcomes and new status quo established by the weekly series. Now by the time 'Eternal' ends, it will have caught up with 'Batman'.

http://www.newsarama.com/21585-scot...batman-s-jump-to-post-eternal-continuity.html

What? Why? Such an odd decision.

Vyer

Robin Rises was a lot of fun. I mean, just
Frankenstein, Titus the Bat Dog and a bunch of Man Bats
would have been awesome enough, but the book gives you more than that. A good start, hopefully it maintains.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was this known? After "Zero Year" ends, the series 'Batman' will be skipping ahead of 'Batman Eternal' in the timeline instead of running parallel, essentially spoiling the outcomes and new status quo established by the weekly series. Now by the time 'Eternal' ends, it will have caught up with 'Batman'.

From the interview it seems like Endgame will probably be detached from most of whatever the end of Eternal brings and won't spoil much at least. Sounds to me like it's some saga he had in mind for a while.

It's not going to spoil things in Eternal, necessarily. There will be a couple things where you'll be, like, how did that happen? But my feeling is more that what it will do is create, hopefully, a sense of intrigue about how these things came to be, and you'll read Eternal and see the missing pieces, for fun.

This is definitely one of those stories that I felt… we have to do this one before we die.

So there's an element of, like, "Thank God we're getting to do it!" You know? And I could leave the book happy having done this. And there are a couple more I really, really want to do with big bads and stuff like that. But this is definitely one on our hit list.

We'll have to wait and see, but I can't be totally against the idea because it usually irks me when books have to juggle with maxi-sagas and tie-in issues. The timing is definitely unfortunate since Eternal still has like 8 months to go though, I haven't even started reading it yet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Was this known? After "Zero Year" ends, the series 'Batman' will be skipping ahead of 'Batman Eternal' in the timeline instead of running parallel, essentially spoiling the outcomes and new status quo established by the weekly series. Now by the time 'Eternal' ends, it will have caught up with next month's issue of 'Batman'.

She got that Benjamin Button disease.

lmao. Well done DC. Already made the first half of Eternal moot with the flash forward, now fucking with the ending. I bet nothing will ever be the same, right?

tim1138

I swear Snyder has said this about every Batman arc he's done to date:

This is definitely one of those stories that I felt… we have to do this one before we die.

So there's an element of, like, "Thank God we're getting to do it!" You know? And I could leave the book happy having done this. And there are a couple more I really, really want to do with big bads and stuff like that. But this is definitely one on our hit list.

To anyone curious: the Marvel 100th anniversary issues are rubbish and read like poorest of the poor fan-fiction. Seriously, it's stinking garbage. Save your money or buy some indies.

Soo... New creative team for Detective Comics come October (#35) ? :-/

"In the first chapter of a two-part tale by the guest team of writer Ben Percy and artist John Paul Leon"

Any word on who's doing #37+ then?

You can't just do that and not tell us what the scene was. Would you mind spoiling?

Spoil it for me, Spike!
HARLEY QUINN INVADES SDCC SPOILERS: at some point in the story, Harley
stumbles upon a room full of Joker cosplayers. She addresses the reader and says something like "Use your imagination! See you on the next page!" as she's closing the room's door. Next page, there's a commotion inside the room that sends convention goers outside scattering. Harley steps out of the room; her hair is disheveled, her corset is torn, and she says something about having to be sure none of them were the real "Mistah J." Inside the room, a bunch of the Jokers are laying on the ground; some of them have loosened ties, and all of them have smeared makeup and dopey grins on their faces. One asks for her number, and another proclaims "Best. Convention. Ever."

Tradd Moore Leaves Ghost Rider For Luther Strode

I’ll be returning to work on Luther Strode. Justin Jordan (writer and co-creator of Strode) and I have big plans for The Legacy of Luther Strode, which will be the conclusion of the series. I can’t wait to unleash it upon you all. It’s undoubtedly going to kick the head off of anything you’ve ever loved.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/15/tradd-moore-leaves-ghost-rider-for-luther-strode/

Great news. Luther Strode is the perfect series for his art style.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
stumbles upon a room full of Joker cosplayers. She addresses the reader and says something like "Use your imagination! See you on the next page!" as she's closing the room's door. Next page, there's a commotion inside the room that sends convention goers outside scattering. Harley steps out of the room; her hair is disheveled, her corset is torn, and she says something about having to be sure none of them were the real "Mistah J." Inside the room, a bunch of the Jokers are laying on the ground; some of them have loosened ties, and all of them have smeared makeup and dopey grins on their faces. One asks for her number, and another proclaims "Best. Convention. Ever."
tumblr_m7wu33Adi51qko4x4o1_500.gif

Kipp

X-men, Spiderman and FF. No idea about Stokoe issue since it hasn't been released.

Well here's hoping that at least the Stokoe issue is good. I honestly can't see how it wouldn't be great. He's writing it as well as doing the art, right?

That's... uh... interesting.

"We said that Wolverine was DYING and we MEANT it." Axel Alonso exclusively revealed to CBR News "But much like Lebron James return to Cleveland, the plan was never to turn our back on the fans. We never got to see that side of Logan that was always referenced. Yes Jason Aaron did some things for us and Cornell nearly revitalized interest in the character with his legendary run, but we never got the right pitch. A pitch that says 'Lets hit this out of the park and delivery affordable and accessible entertainment that has something to say on a personal level'. Comic fans have always placed different values on our stories, whether that's through the direct market, the dime rack at your local convenience store or by Near Mint issues of some of our Marvelous stories. That is why starting with Logan we will be rolling out 4.99 pricing model. Fans have demanded more from their stories and we responded. More on that later. But the stories Brian wants to tell...I just knew this is what fans have been clamoring for. As always, the Marvel Universe will never be the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom