• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel Comics
Daredevil #5
Elektra #4
Ms. Marvel #6
She-Hulk #6

Image Comics
Dark Engine #1
The Wicked + The Divine #2

Other Publishers
The Auteur #5 (Oni)
Princess Ugg #2 (Oni)

Seems kind of light for two weeks. Like I feel as though I might have missed something, but can't put my finger on what.

Did I miss anything?

I like this little snippet from the Jason Aaron CBR interview

I've turned down other jobs that have come up because I knew they would mean that I would have to give up Thor. So I'm really happy with the stuff I'm working on at Marvel, and in particular "Thor." I want to stick around until I get a big stack of issues under my belt. I want a couple of big Thor omnibuses by the time I'm done with this.

Marvel Comics
Daredevil #5
Elektra #4
Ms. Marvel #6
She-Hulk #6

Image Comics
Dark Engine #1

Other Publishers
The Auteur #5 (Oni)
Princess Ugg #2 (Oni)

Seems kind of light for two weeks. Like I feel as though I might have missed something, but can't put my finger on what.

Did I miss anything?

BPRD

the same book every one of ya'll are missing

Marvel Comics
Daredevil #5
Elektra #4
Ms. Marvel #6
She-Hulk #6

Image Comics
Dark Engine #1

Other Publishers
The Auteur #5 (Oni)
Princess Ugg #2 (Oni)

Did I miss anything?
Superior Foes, maybe ?

That new Teen Titans book was pretty decent. It's a story that wraps up by the end while introducing a few plot threads, and showcases the abilities and characteristics (well, kinda) of each team member. Sounds basic, but it gets it right. Hopefully this team can deliver the first good-to-great TT run in years.

Zombine

Banned
Uncanny X-Men #23

The pacing of this book was a bit weird. As something that is about to either a) Merge the Bendis X-Books or b) kick off another X-event...not much happened. I liked that
She Hulk
made a cameo and will be involved in the arc, but I really don't know where it's going.

i love that we live ina world where Youndu gets his own movie poster

guardiansofthegalaxyyonduposter-5a39f.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man. For like the past month I've been craving Hellboy more than I've ever craved reading any comic before. I've read a bit of Hellboy a while ago but don't personally own any of the collections, and I want to read some Hellboy now more than anything else. If I wasn't buying the Doom Patrol omnibus at the end of the month, I'd make an IST order right now with the first two Library Editions.
I think I'm going to compromise though and add the first Library Edition to my Doom Patrol order in a couple weeks. I just can't help it. Mignola is too good. My wallet can cry later.

Messi

That new Teen Titans book was pretty decent. It's a story that wraps up by the end while introducing a few plot threads, and showcases the abilities and characteristics (well, kinda) of each team member. Sounds basic, but it gets it right. Hopefully this team can deliver the first good-to-great TT run in years.

Yeah, my friend bought it and I just read it. It's not bad. I'd consider picking up issue #2 next month.

Cheska

Rat Queens #7: Interesting to see more of Dee since I feel like she's the one I feel we get the least amount of exposure of. Without a doubt this comic continues to be at the top of my favorites every time it releases.

Teen Titans #1 I didn't read the initial series that came out when the New52 launched so I can't speak for how "bad" it was. But I found myself interested in all the characters present in this iteration, though I do wish we got a little more background on the team.

I went through my list and nothing jumped out at me; I think it's just a case of me being paranoid that I missed something, because normally when I haven't been to the shop in two weeks I've got a lot more stuff waiting for me. (Probably just means I'll get slammed next week though...)

Speaking of lists, here's everything I currently pull with easy-to-understand rankings to describe how I feel about them.

AWESOME TIER
Afterlife with Archie (Archie)
Daredevil (Marvel)
Deadly Class (Image)
Ms. Marvel (Marvel)
Sex Criminals (Image)
Thor God of Thunder (Marvel)
Uncanny Avengers (Marvel)
Velvet (Image)
The Wicked + The Divine (Image)

GOOD TIER
All-New Ghost Rider (Marvel)
Batman '66 Meets The Green Hornet (DC)
Black Science (Image)
Cyclops (Marvel)
Elektra (Marvel)
Hulk (Marvel)
New Avengers (Marvel)

OKAY TIER
Hellboy in Hell (Dark Horse)
Iron Fist (Marvel)
Lazarus (Image)
Princess Ugg (Oni Press)
Satellite Sam (Image)

"MEH" TIER (aka "The Fence Sitters")
Captain America (Marvel)
Justice League 3000 (DC)
Sex (Image)
She-Hulk (Marvel)

RECENTLY DROPPED
Amazing X-Men (Marvel)
Avengers (Marvel)
Black Widow (Marvel)
Captain Marvel (Marvel)
Wolverine and the X-Men (Marvel)

ENDING SOON
All-New Doop (Marvel)
The Auteur (Oni Press) - last issue today I think?
Hawkeye (Marvel)
Moon Knight (Marvel)
Veil (Dark Horse)

LOOKING AHEAD
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Archie)
George Perez's Sirens (Boom!) - maybe; might just trade-wait
Grendel vs The Shadow (Dark Horse)
Groo vs Conan (Dark Horse)
Low (Image)
Sensation Comics ft. Wonder Woman (DC)
Stumptown (Oni) - maybe; might just trade-wait
Transformers vs GI Joe (IDW)

Zombine

Banned
Robin Rises Omega #1

Writing was god awful. Those new DC ads are hilarious. All that book needed was an SNES ad and it could have been mistaken for a 1993 DC book. Dat fuzzy paper. 10/10

Teen Titans #1 I didn't read the initial series that came out when the New52 launched so I can't speak for how "bad" it was. But I found myself interested in all the characters present in this iteration, though I do wish we got a little more background on the team.

I'm definitely going to stick with this one for the time being. If I had one complaint about this issue, it's that my favorite character of the bunch (Raven) didn't get much use at all.

The last run, for all of it's problems, at least gave us Bunker. He is a really great character.

Zombine

Banned
100th X-Men #1

Hands down, one of the worst X-books I have ever read in my entire life. That was fucking awful. Any one of us could have written something better than that pile of shit. I'll be ignoring these 100th books from now on.

100th X-Men #1

Hands down, one of the worst X-books I have ever read in my entire life. That was fucking awful. Any one of us could have written something better than that pile of shit. I'll be ignoring these 100th books from now on.

can't be worse than 100th Anni. Spider-Man

what the fuck was that shit...

100th X-Men #1

Damn, really? Glad I didn't pick this up then...

Really enjoyed Wicked+Divine today. And picked up the first trade of Black Science on a whim today at lunch. Only read the first issue, but I'm absolutely blown away. Turns out it comes back the 30th... What fantastic timing on my part.

Yea Black Science is fucking incredible. One of my new favorites; going to dive into Wicked+Divine #1 this week, very excited now.

I mean epic bad. So fucking bad I actually feel like I had money stolen from me. So bad that I'm probably going to give one of you guys the code to see how fucking stupid it was.

Luck was on your side today. My love of all things X-Men scorned me.

...give me the code

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My pre-requirement is that you post your review after you read it.

PM sent.

Aww, damn. Missed it.
If anyone else has a code that they were just going to throw away, now I kinda want to see how horribly bad this is.

tim1138

Yo what the hell. The same page - the softcover vs. the hardcover

According to a later tweet by Fairbairn the paperback is getting a new, correct printing.

KoruptData said:
Why does Kubert always get that thick fuzzy paper with his books?

Not a clue. The last Kubert book I bought in print was Flashpoint and I don't remember it having different paper stock.

Aww, damn. Missed it.
If anyone else has a code that they were just going to throw away, now I kinda want to see how horribly bad this is.
i'm sorta morbidly curious about it too. I bought the Spider-Man one but i haven't gotten around to it yet.

Surely the Avengers one is gonna be rad, right?!?!
That's really odd. Is the softcover the darker one?
Assuming so, that one comes out next month and Fairbairn just posted about it on twitter
According to a later tweet by Fairbairn the paperback is getting a new, correct printing.
Didn't notice, that's good. That error reaaaaally mucks things up bad

See now I just have to read it to see how bad it is

its not even a fun kind of bad, its just the crudely drawn, phony characterized, bad dialog/"jokes" having, completely goddamn pointless kind of What If? comic Marvel used to shit out back in the day, but now they sneak them out under this fake 100th anniversary banner to unsuspecting people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom