• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Just cancel it. I can't take this anymore. Give Kate her own book by Annie Wu and be done with it. Give Clint to whoever.

Cheska

Last time I was at the LCS, I asked the shop owner if I should just take my old comics to Half Priced books or bring them by and let him see them. He said bring them by.

These were throwaways too me. About 160 comics. He gave me $1 a piece for them. So with my money and store discount. My wife and I picked this up.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-catwoman-sideshow-collectibles-100164/

Pics incoming.

Yesssss!! I still haven't picked her up but I'm super excited to see hands on pictures.

Tizoc

Glad to see more people taking an interest in the Transformers comic and discovering James Roberts amazing writing skills.

Dammit, guys. I think I've been fully convinced to pick up that omnibus at the end of the month.
I looked through the upcoming releases and there are no other collected editions coming out within the few weeks before and after the omnibus releases, so I think my wallet can safely handle it.

Edit:
Also, I'm unashamedly so incredibly excited for this to come out: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401249469/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think that Wonder Woman/Scooby Doo team up issue is today. I'd buy it if i didn't already have a lot on my plate

MG310

:D

10455446_10152677684540579_2604454584624132330_n.png

Tony Daniel on writing is a worse decision than Rob Liefeld writing. Hell, worse than Kyle Higgins, even. Clearly, they're not THAT serious about giving it another go

Doom Patrol is absolutely brilliant.

congrats you've discovered the greatest comic book run of all-time. All downhill from here, friend!

My library doesn't have the other volumes, so it will be a month till I get to read the rest. I've already blown this month's budget.

Dammit, guys. I think I've been fully convinced to pick up that omnibus at the end of the month.
I looked through the upcoming releases and there are no other collected editions coming out within the few weeks before and after the omnibus releases, so I think my wallet can safely handle it.

I looked up the price at my LCS. $150!

It'll almost certainly be 50% off during the release week on IST. Still $75, but it's also super massive.

Does that 50% last the whole release week until next Wednesday? I've spent too much on trades this paycheck already, I should wait until the next one (next Tuesday).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Does that 50% last the whole release week until next Wednesday? I've spent too much on trades this paycheck already, I should wait until the next one (next Tuesday).

Yeah, the 50% deals on new releases last the whole week until the new books are put up the next Tuesday.

Yeah, the 50% deals on new releases last the whole week until the new books are put up the next Tuesday.

By the by, I just realized you were talking about the Doom Patrol omnibus and not the Infinity Gauntlet one. Will have to see about the DP now, as well. :s

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so if I understand Original sin correctly Fury
has been culling superbeings for the last 50 years..... smh. It would of been cooler if Marvel connected original sin to the Sheild mythology book, especially with Howard Stark Guest starring

Neoxon

The UPS truck with my comic store's shipment broke down, so the new comics will be in later today.

Should I get Legendary Star-Lord & Rocket Raccoon?

Zen

Banned
so if I understand Original sin correctly Fury
has been culling superbeings for the last 50 years..... smh. It would of been cooler if Marvel connected original sin to the Sheild mythology book, especially with Howard Stark Guest starring

Elaborate?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
$75 is definitely reasonable, considering the 6 TPBs will be $70 or so. Didn't realise IST had such large discounts on day 1.

Yeah, I figure for $5 more might as well go for the enormous oversized hardcover with glossy pages that will make the colors pop.

By the by, I just realized you were talking about the Doom Patrol omnibus and not the Infinity Gauntlet one. Will have to see about the DP now, as well. :s

Oh geez. Sorry for bringing that to your attention. Don't blame me if you don't have money for food this month. :p

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Elaborate?

Hickman wrote a series called shield
that was the psuedo history comic where famous inventors from history worked together as a part of a cult to take out some of the greatest threats to the 616 universe behind the scenes. In a lot of ways you could see it as a precursor to the Manhattan Projects comic hickman writes. Basically the role that Fury has is the role that Shield had in that book as being this unseen force destroying alien threats before they reach earth

I ended up falling to my imaginative peer pressure and picked up Rocket Raccoon. my shop had SO MANY copies including variants and such. But it was a good decision, because it was a good comic.

I was gonna give away the code, but it comes with a free Infinite comic, so i'm gonna have to redeem this one for me

The UPS truck with my comic store's shipment broke down, so the new comics will be in later today.

Should I get Legendary Star-Lord & Rocket Raccoon?
Yeah, Rocket Raccoon was good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom