• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, issue 21 begins the journey. Anyone pickup any Easter Eggs? The ones that I saw were the origin of the penny in the Batcave. It's outside the new Wayne Tower.

Bs8Ld4qCIAAM-DD.jpg

Also Bruce and His dad wear hats with the Robin logo on there. I didn't pick up what it's from though.

This was the first Batman floppy comic I ever bought. Lots of sentimental value. Thing I forgot about was the book started out with scenes from the last arc. On to 22 after dinner.

tim1138

Ok, issue 21 begins the journey. Anyone pickup any Easter Eggs? The ones that I saw were the origin of the penny in the Batcave. It's outside the new Wayne Tower.

Bs8Ld4qCIAAM-DD.jpg

Also Bruce and His dad wear hats with the Robin logo on there. I didn't pick up what it's from though.

This was the first Batman floppy comic I ever bought. Lots of sentimental value. Thing I forgot about was the book started out with scenes from the last arc. On to 22 after dinner.

Isn't that the logo for Gotham City's football team?

Yeah I noticed that.
I was thinking this was an Easter egg. But maybe not after I went back to look at it.

Has there been any word on Image putting out Saga in Deluxe HC (like Chew, MG, etc)?

I don't really wanna grab tpbs if they will do it later.

Speaking of digital, notice there was a Archaia fantasy sale going on at Comixology. Anyone have any insight on Spera or Lucid? Spera specifically looks interesting.

Speaking of digital, notice there was a Archaia fantasy sale going on at Comixology. Anyone have any insight on Spera or Lucid? Spera specifically looks interesting.

I don't, but the first ish of Lucid is free, no?

I've owned the first volume of Spera for a while now. I like the art, just haven't read it. Based Milogiannis draws a story in vol 2, too

Parch

OK, other thread got me hyped. So should I read Age of Ultron? I thought it was getting crapped on when it was happening. What about The Ultron Imperative?

So what are the best issues with Ultron?

I don't, but the first ish of Lucid is free, no?

I've owned the first volume of Spera for a while now. I like the art, just haven't read it. Based Milogiannis draws a story in vol 2, too

Yea it's free, I'll check it out, but was curious about the later issues. Guess I can't find out for myself! I'll check out Spera as the art looks great to me too.

Now debating if I should get the entirety of Wasteland, which is on sale there too, or hold off and get the collections...

Just finished up Secret City, and going to be taking an intermission to go get some dinner. But here are some thoughts on it:
-I really like the updated birth of Batman scene.
-The mentioning of Dent makes me want a TwoFace story by Snyder/Capullo
-The backups are impressive by themselves.
-I forgot how much of a monster issue #24 is, it's execution is brilliant.
-I bet Batman blinding the Red Hood Gang was a callback to the Joker using it against Dick in the Black Mirror.
-DC should make Zero Year an animated trilogy

TEJ

I never even knew what the guardians of the galaxy was until I played UMVC3 but it is quickly becoming my most anticipated thing in years.

After the movie I plan on buying a lot of tradepaperbacks. Are there any recommendations?

I especially want to read ones involving rocket, groot Lylla, wal rus, and cosmo

My wife and I were on our summer vacation in Canada and the US. I came back with quite the haul in trade volumes after selling an old long box that I had that was stored at my parent's place:

Batman and Son

Five Ghosts Volume 1

Ghosted volumes 1 & 2

Preacher volume 1

Locke & Key volume 1

Afterlife with Archie: Escape from Riverdale (I love this so hard)

Incognito

Bad Influences (Incognito)

Criminal volume 1

Sheltered

I also picked up the first issue of TREES, MOON KNIGHT, and VELVET just to check them out.

Not having a North American comic shop in here Taipei really sucks.

I never even knew what the guardians of the galaxy was until I played UMVC3 but it is quickly becoming my most anticipated thing in years.

After the movie I plan on buying a lot of tradepaperbacks. Are there any recommendations?

I especially want to read ones involving rocket, groot Lylla, wal rus, and cosmo

Buy Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Collection Volume 1 by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning when it comes out

Buy Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Collection Volume 1 by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning when it comes out

I like the Bendis run, some people don't. But the Abnett/Lanning run is must-read stuff if you like Guardians. The War of Kings event is also worth reading if you're getting into Marvel cosmic. Thanos Imperative is also relevant to the Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy run.

Wool

Did you guys read UXM #22? Very good. If ANXM and UXM combined into one book I'd be happy. I haven't read any of ANXM.

I'm pretty much buying UXM at this point just to keep up with the story. All-New is light-years better.

Ok whoa, dinner turned into ice cream, ice cream turned into shopping. I'm back to read more Batman.

Spencer's has a 75 years of Batman display with tons of cool stuff. Even has. 75 years of Batman shirt that's really cool.

Wool

I'm pretty much buying UXM at this point just to keep up with the story. All-New is light-years better.

I don't need to read ANXM to know that there are more Cuckoo appearances in UXM. The Cuckoos are the best.

Have you read the UXM #1 special? It was great.

Messi

I was really loving Eternal up until this week. But this weeks issue felt like the first real dud for me. Why are they giving
Jokers Daughter mystical powers? It just takes away from her being an insane Joker groupie.she is not meant to have powers.

Zombine

Banned
Picked up the first arc of Batmanga. DC is crazy not to just release this in book form. I am absolutely going to double dip.

I was really loving Eternal up until this week. But this weeks issue felt like the first real dud for me. Why are they giving
Jokers Daughter mystical powers? It just takes away from her being an insane Joker groupie.she is not meant to have powers.

That spoiler'd bit isn't going to carry over to New Suicide Squad, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom