• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ron Wimberly on Prophet in September?! Man, it's going to be a loooong wait.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have to admit when I heard it was called Sex Criminals I thought it would be about something completely different.

Splatt

aOqKV9R_700b_v1.jpg

Owzers

nightcrawler is mystique's son? I don't know any of this stuff. Comics are weird. I just ran into Azazel in
WATXM and thought his power effect reminded me of nightcrawler

kswiston

nightcrawler is mystique's son? I don't know any of this stuff. Comics are weird. I just ran into Azazel in
WATXM and thought his power effect reminded me of nightcrawler

Nightcrawler being Mystique's son was revealed like 20 years ago. Azazel being his dad came out of one of the worst X-men runs of all time (Chuck Austen's run). If I remember correctly, Azazel is from the brimstone dimension. He traveled to earth to spawn children as part of a grand plan to use these children to teleport himself to earth...

Wolverine and the X-Men holy SHIT
There was a new one this week? Superman Unchained was chill, Jim Lee still got it and Snyder building that mystery. Wonder what they would do about a second arc and what comics superstar will replace Jim Lee. Saw some brah at the shop was utterly confused by the foldout, like he was peering into another universe. Serves him right for treating it like a library.

Killjoys was so schway. I wish Becky would draw a lifestyle drawing and wrap it around her so I could marry her. Ba brah needs to get off this BRPD shit and return to The Umbrella Academy.

kswiston

lol Chuck Austen, those were some dark days. It followed up Grant's epic run too

It was actually going on at the same time, but then he moved from Uncanny to New X-Men after Morrison left. I stopped reading his book around the time of that Draco stuff. Or during the mutant werewolf stuff. Whatever came last.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Killjoys was so schway. I wish Becky would draw a lifestyle drawing and wrap it around her so I could marry her. Ba brah needs to get off this BRPD shit and return to The Umbrella Academy.

Another Umbrella Academy would be fucking dope but the bros are working on Casanova. Also, I love that Grant Morrison is the bad guy in Killjoys.

Wool

Black Beetle #4 was great. The splash page with the map of the area was great. So were the two splash pages with the puzzle pieces. Good to hear there is more coming in the Fall.

Black Beetle #4 was great. The splash page with the map of the area was great. So were the two splash pages with the puzzle pieces. Good to hear there is more coming in the Fall.

Fuck... :(

I'm going to spend a couple of bucks more because these sellout around here.

Mafro

I got Absolute Kingdom Come today, DC really put tons of effort into these things, huh? Might get Absolute Justice after I'm done with this.

I think my shop's Batman #21s were broken. I flipped through and there was no narration on page 1 at all. No dialogue even until like page 3.

Misprint?

Lombaszko

Nah, that's probably right.
Gotta make that story last a year somehow!

I was pretty skeptical about the Zero Year but after reading Bats #21, you can tell Snyder has been setting this story up for a while. Lots of little call backs (call forwards?) to events and things from earlier in the run. Also, keeping Capullo on will help keep Zero Year feel in continuity with everything else that has happened. Lots of good set up in this issue, so hopefully the year won't drag on.

So,

The backup in Batman #21 was preeetty good. I liked it alot. Fun. And appropriate.

How cool was that!? The style reminded me of those sketches of '50's greaser Batman that were floating around here.

OK Green Lantern Corp #21, your last page / last panel reveal sold me.

Also liked the little setup to each of the new Lantern Recruits that are going to be featured in this particular title. Some... interesting choices.

I was pretty skeptical about the Zero Year but after reading Bats #21, you can tell Snyder has been setting this story up for a while. Lots of little call backs (call forwards?) to events and things from earlier in the run. Also, keeping Capullo on will help keep Zero Year feel in continuity with everything else that has happened. Lots of good set up in this issue, so hopefully the year won't drag on.

I'm intrigued. But then again I don't have this preconceived notion that the story is going to suck? because it's 11 issues long; I mean, Court of Owls was 11 issues long and I enjoyed that. Dark Mirror was 12 issues and that was good. I think alot of the belly aching about it, lately, is people bitching just to bitch about DC more than anything. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they've honestly hated it the entire time in which case, OK.

How cool was that!? The style reminded me of those sketches of '50's greaser Batman that were floating around here.

Yep. Definitely had a touch of that.

Blader

Much to my chagrin, I really liked Batman #21. Dammit. Guess I'm onboard for the year-long origin.

Supes Unchained was really boring though, and where Capullo's Batman is always gorgeous, Lee's work here was kinda messy and just not that good looking. Easy drop.

tim1138

I'm intrigued. But then again I don't have this preconceived notion that the story is going to suck? because it's 11 issues long; I mean, Court of Owls was 11 issues long and I enjoyed that. Dark Mirror was 12 issues and that was good. I think alot of the belly aching about it, lately, is people bitching just to bitch about DC more than anything. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they've honestly hated it the entire time in which case, OK.

I poke fun because I cannot stand Scott Snyder's writing. All the vitriol that is spewed about Bendis' super decompressed and too long stories applies to Snyder for me.

tim1138

Did anyone else get Manhattan Projects this month? It feels like there's never any discussion about it, which is sad since one of the main characters is Laika (the Russian space dog) complete with a space helmet and machine guns strapped to her back.

Filthy Slug

Much to my chagrin, I really liked Batman #21. Dammit. Guess I'm onboard for the year-long origin.

Supes Unchained was really boring though, and where Capullo's Batman is always gorgeous, Lee's work here was kinda messy and just not that good looking. Easy drop.

Capullo is a dominant artist (that fucking truck scene from Batman 21!) and seems like a hell of a guy:

Capullo on Fat Man on Batman

Owzers

Since there aren't that many trades i want in September solicits so far i might pick up Jock's Savage Wolverine three issue arc.

Were Image's Five Weapons, Five Ghosts, or Lost Vegas must-buys?

Did anyone else get Manhattan Projects this month? It feels like there's never any discussion about it, which is sad since one of the main characters is Laika (the Russian space dog) complete with a space helmet and machine guns strapped to her back.

I did. Great issue. Almost dropped it for some weird reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom