• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Journey Into Mystery isn't on this solicitations. I know it's selling bad, but are they skipping an month or is the--

tumblr_mo0mfb7Z1m1qc9359o1_1280.jpg

ibsmiFnmg6xcH8.gif

fuck everything

son of a bitch

Quake1028

Since there aren't that many trades i want in September solicits so far i might pick up Jock's Savage Wolverine three issue arc.

Were Image's Five Weapons, Five Ghosts, or Lost Vegas must-buys?

Five Ghosts has been great so far, Lost Vegas good, and I have heard excellent things about Five Weapons.

gerg

Emma Frost by Milo Manara.

This, I like. He managed to make her face look just a bit different from every other woman he's ever drawn. Ever.

As much as I like the creative use of negative space, that costume design is especially stupid.

Plus Bacchalo uses it *far* too much.

ElNarez

Banned
Emma Frost by Milo Manara.

This, I like. He managed to make her face look just a bit different from every other woman he's ever drawn. Ever.

I was going to agree with you, but to make the kind of statement you made in italic, I am going to assume you haven't read Click. So GET ON THAT, because if we're gonna enter Sex Comix Pandemonium this summer, we gotta get in the right mindset.

Wool

I've complained about it before, but the Uncanny X-Men costumes suck. Emma Frost "The White Queen" is not only wearing all black, but that weird half shirt thing. Magik looks almost identical. Magneto looks like he's supposed to be in Camelot.

Compare those to the Brian Wood X-Men costumes.

Also, does that Journey Into Mystery picture mean it went for 655 months before it got canceled? That seems like quite a run.

I've complained about it before, but the Uncanny X-Men costumes suck. Emma Frost "The White Queen" is not only wearing all black, but that weird half shirt thing. Magik looks almost identical.

You forgot Lady Mastermind, who also has an extremely similar look.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, Private Eye #3 should be out sometime soon. Last issue was May 7th. Wonder how many paid for issue 2, hope enough chip in to make it worth them completing the run.

Hmm, Private Eye #3 should be out sometime soon. Last issue was May 7th. Wonder how many paid for issue 2, hope enough chip in to make it worth them completing the run.

Yeah it'll probably be out next week, I need to start supporting this though I want it to finish properly.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46046

UNCANNY AVENGERS #12
RICK REMENDER (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)

oh god why

How is this possible, he apparently has 2 issues of X-force coming out that month. No wonder I find his style horrendous, he can fit in 3 issues in a month. I wonder if it's a misprint? Please be a misprint. Of all the artists available to Marvel, you sub Larroca in for Acuna!?

JiM cancelled :(

frye

Maybe! Change had moments of transcendence but (having not reread it all in a chunk yet) I have some doubts whether it hangs together on the whole.

Savage Wolverine kind of sucked.

So nice to have some Peter dialogue though.

I really really liked this comic. Zeb Wells is great at characterization in general... he did a lot of the highlight issues of BND-era Spidey and he understands that Elektra as a character, in the tradition of Miller, only works when we have some distance from her or a male narrator to parse her through.

I really really liked this comic. Zeb Wells is great at characterization in general... he did a lot of the highlight issues of BND-era Spidey and he understands that Elektra as a character, in the tradition of Miller, only works when we have some distance from her or a male narrator to parse her through.

Really liked this issue as well, not only was it refreshing to see Joe Mad but to see ole Pete again icing on the cake. I also loved the callbacks to Wolverine Enemy of the State when Wolverine and Elektra teamed up.

Marvel, I'm still bummed about Sif (and X-Factor and a little bit Red She-Hulk)so I'm gonna cancel some marvels from my sub

this is what happens when you fight a stranger in the alps

Ephidel

Also, does that Journey Into Mystery picture mean it went for d55 months before it got canceled? That seems like quite a run.
Nah, JiM and Thor have kept their numbering and switched their titles a couple of times (they have also been knocked back to 1 a few times only to have other numbering restored at other points).
It all got merged together again in 2009 so Thor could be published as Thor #600 and then at 622 it became JiM again. 622-645 (2011-2012) was Gillen's Loki run, and 646-655 (2012-2013) was Immonen and Schitti's Sif run.

Tizoc

I just want you guys to know that if you haven't read Atomic Robo yet, you are an illiterate, and if you like Science, then WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU READING IT?!
Seriously people read this series; comic book TPB you want isn't available, but AR is? Grab AR as you wait for the other book to arrive, or just cancel it when you find how more awesome Atomic Robo is.

Oh and no offense intended, I love all you Comic-GAF as my bros and sisters <3

jaxword

I just want you guys to know that if you haven't read Atomic Robo yet, you are an illiterate, and if you like Science, then WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU READING IT?!
Seriously people read this series; comic book TPB you want isn't available, but AR is? Grab AR as you wait for the other book to arrive, or just cancel it when you find how more awesome Atomic Robo is.

Seconding this. It's nerdy sci-fi comedy at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom