• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46046

UNCANNY AVENGERS #12
RICK REMENDER (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)

oh god why

cat-looking-disgusted-sneer-ginger-1360418608W.gif

Bigfoot

I started getting back in to comics again (did a brief stint in the early 90's) by picking up trades here and there for the last year or so. I started with Walking Dead, and then based on some GAF threads, I read through Y: The Last Man and the first 4 volumes of Chew. I'm also 2 trades in to Locke & Key.

As an old Punisher fan, I picked up the complete Punisher MAX collection, and got the first Hawkeye volume (again due to GAF). As I've been reading the Punisher MAX and Hawkeye, I'm finding it jarring how the art changes. With Hawkeye it isn't so bad as it changes issue by issue it seems, but with Punisher MAX, I've seen the art change mid issue at times. Sometimes it is so bad that it takes me a page or two to even realize that a character that appears is someone that has already been in the issue a few pages earlier. Towards the end of the Barracuda storyline was just awful.

I guess since getting back in to comics, I'm liking the independent books where the writer and artist stay consistent. I can't imagine reading Chew or Locke & Key and having the art change every few issues. I feel like the art is part of what makes the book what it is.

Does anyone else have this problem when reading stuff from DC or Marvel?

tim1138

I did. Great issue. Almost dropped it for some weird reason...

My only complaint with the book is the publishing schedule, it doesn't exactly come out every month on a regular basis.

This months issue was great, especially the stuff with Feynman. I love the way Hickman writes him.

Dysun

No more making fun of Morbius brahs, we'll have to make fun of another book. I nominate Secret Avengers. edit- huh that's not on the solicits

Vibranium

Banned
I don't get it. Cable and the X Force isn't going anywhere, why switch art team for no reason? Like they took Ron Garney off X Force for Dexter fucking Soy and put him on Avengers.

At least Morbius got cancelled. Do not put Keatinge on another book, he's the Greg Land of writers.

Woah, Morbius finally got the axe? Damn Rafa, Keatinge seemed like a nice guy when he posted on Comic Book Resources but I guess it doesn't matter when your writing is boring.

Well that's one more spot for Winter Soldier relaunch.

Vibranium

Banned
I pretty much hate Secret Avengers too, not just because of Fake Fury but the "We want to be the Avengers movie but with all the craziness of the 616 universe!!!" storyline. And what the hell is with Ross having Widow unzipped to show dem tits yet again (on secret missions), it's so jarring coming from Winter Soldier where she's dressed properly, someone needs to crack down on all of the artist inconsistencies. She has short hair in some books and longer hair in others, and showing more cleavage in some, it's crappy.

The only reason I may pick up Winter Soldier issues is because that's the only place Bucky will be in the meantime, thankfully not on the stupid team itself. Spencer should just go "fuck it" and throw a bit of fan service our way by having Buck knock Fury Jr. out cold with his arm.

Woah, Morbius finally got the axe? Damn Rafa, Keatinge seemed like a nice guy when he posted on Comic Book Resources but I guess it doesn't matter when your writing is boring.

Keatinge is a nice dude. I've had some conversations with him over at the Image forums.

And say what you will about him, but his work on Glory with Ross Campbell was pretty spectacular. Campbell killed it on the art, and the writing was solid. Especially Nanaja's lines.

Keatinge is a nice dude. I've had some conversations with him over at the Image forums.

And say what you will about him, but his work on Glory with Ross Campbell was pretty spectacular. Campbell killed it on the art, and the writing was solid. Especially Nanaja's lines.

Yeah, Glory was great. Sometimes it just don't work out.

Vibranium

Banned

I'll check it out at some point I think, I feel bad for the guy especially since he's not a huge dick like someone such as Rob Liefeld for example. Choosing the character of Morbius and his approach to the entire thing was just a misstep I guess. I like how he's somewhat active on forums, writers that don't respond to letters or discussion (I know they're extremely busy people) sometimes feel a bit isolated from fans.

Wait, Journey Into Mystery isn't on this solicitations. I know it's selling bad, but are they skipping an month or is the--

tumblr_mo0mfb7Z1m1qc9359o1_1280.jpg

ibsmiFnmg6xcH8.gif

fuck everything

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
WHOA WHOA warn a dude he's about to click on a "view" "askew" link. Gotta decontaminate my laptop here shit

Nah, put that shit up for sale--it's now got something of worth on it. Kevin Smith is a great dude and he puts out some of the best podcasts.

ElNarez

Banned
Wait, Journey Into Mystery isn't on this solicitations. I know it's selling bad, but are they skipping an month or is the--

[/IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/3f880d839066db87a04f6b356a8f3c1d/tumblr_mo0mfb7Z1m1qc9359o1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

[/IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibsmiFnmg6xcH8.gif[/IMG]

fuck everything

THIS IS SOMEHOW JUST AS PAINFUL AS JiM #645.

tim1138

Congratulations on having The Worst Opinion.

Now, question: who bought Suicide Squad #21? Because hooooly moly there's loads to like in this issue.

Suicide Squad was so good, second only to Manhattan Projects for me this week.
I'm guessing it was
Jimmy Jr who hacked the computers, just to play both sides against each other

I started getting Suicide Squad at #19. #20 was good shit. But apparently I forgot to add it to my actual pull list so I didn't get these weeks.

So instead I got caught up on Nightwing and Batgirl.

Both are surprisingly good. Nightwing is just *fun* whereas Batgirl managed to be creepy and atmospheric.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16882

Everyone check out Collider next month. I've been waiting for this comic for over a year and thought it would never come. That style, that color, that concept. Vertigo is back baby!!!

Is this like The SCP Foundation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom