• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's out next week with JLA and JL Dark.

And every other book currently being published by anyone.

What has been going on with Age of Ultron?
I don't mind spoilers.

Is it worth to wait for TPB?

Your best bet is probably just to forget about it entirely. It's been a complete fucking waste, and the one issue left can't save it, even it's spectacular. If you want to know,
Ultron (from the future) sent Vision back in time as his agent to take over the world. The good guys (that are left) decide to go into the future to fight Ultron, while Wolverine and Susan Storm go back in time and kill Hank Pym so Ultron is never built. Wolverine does it, they go back and oh no! Now it's some Ultron-ish Tony Stark they have to worry about! They decide, "Hey, this was a bad idea, let's go back in time and stop Wolverine from killing Hank Pym!". So they do that, Wolverine kills Wolverine to eliminate a paradox, they tell Pym to build Ultron anyway, but build in a virus fail-safe for when Ultron pulls his crazy bullshit from the future, Ultron gets built (and he looks like a giant blender) and that's where we are.

Owzers

Is it bad that i look forward to actively not buying Superman/Wonder Woman?

i'll probably pick up the Spidey OGN next year from waid/robinson though, not a huge fan of the artist's style.

snorggy

Do you guys think Damien will be back or will Batman & ____ be the ongoing theme for that book? One of the reasons I loved Batman & Robin was because of the father/son dynamic.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watch angla be some sort of time cop.

" wolverine you are under arrest for 3 counts of time travel"

They already have time cops, remember Spider-man/Wolverine?

The justification for Angela better be good.

Do you guys think Damien will be back or will Batman & ____ be the ongoing theme for that book? One of the reasons I loved Batman & Robin was because of the father/son dynamic.

He's gone. They'll introduce a new Robin after Snyder's Zero Year is done. Bank it.

dan2026

He's gone. They'll introduce a new Robin after Snyder's Zero Year is done. Bank it.

Ahhh Damian was such a good character. The interplay between him and Dick was pitch perfect.

'We were the best, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks.'

They shouldn't have killed him off.

Wow @ those ultron spoilers. Thats so bad haha.

You know something is bad when I would rather be reading Fear Itself. :p

But terrible writing seems to be the status quo for Marvel events. And their constant need to have one taking place is doing them harm. Marvel should have a new gimmick where they go a year without any events or crossovers.

dan2026

But terrible writing seems to be the status quo for Marvel events. And their constant need to have one taking place is doing them harm. Marvel should have a new gimmick where they go a year without any events or crossovers.

Agreed I can't even remember the last decent Marvel event.

They have all been dumb, or just plain poorly written.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ahhh Damian was such a good character. The interplay between him and Dick was pitch perfect.

'We were the best, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks.'

They shouldn't have killed him off.

If they didn't someone would have come along who couldn't write him and fuck it up for all of us.

It's comics... he's got to come back at some point right? I mean if Jason Todd can come back...

I hope they don't. Let him stay gone, I don't want them ruining our memories of him being awesome as hell.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

As much as I love Damian, these issues of B & R dealing with the fallout are some of the best issues of anything being released. Tomasi established a unique personal take on the relationship between Damian and Bruce, even if his take differed from Morrison's, and his handling of Bruce's grief is phenomenal.

Morrison's Batman is my favorite run but fuck, man, B & R is doing intense and great things with this chapter.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Scarlet Spider seems to be getting close to cancellation these days. Why do you dicks hate good comics and love schlock tactic bad ones :(

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It went through a troubling time post-Stegman (I HOPE YOURE HAPPY WITH SLOTT AND NOT YOST, STEGG :[ ), but its had some pretty spiffy art in the last couple of issues.

The rodeo issue may be my pick for individual issue of the year at this rate/Batman Inc doesn't have a fulfilling finale.

Tizoc

Keith Giffen writing a superhero team book is almost always entertaining. Looking forward to it.

Anyways, recently read Mark Waid's Unknown and the 2nd book was confusing as hell lol.

Any word on whether he'll be writing a 3rd book?

Wonder women got a pretty sick costume for JL 3k

1371497921.jpg

Green lantern looks like Ragman

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46132

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Green lantern looks like Ragman

Ah, Ragman, one of the coolest forgotten F-List heroes. I picked up the one shot they did a few years back--really cool stuff, but I think it'd take Morrison or somebody way out there to make him the focus of a book. Maybe China Mieville after Dial H passes on...

WorldStar

Banned
I can see why people follow so many damn comics

I haven't read many comics, and I've never followed a comic that is currently running. I've always bought the collected editions of whatever it is I was about to read (e.g. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Transmetropolitan, etc.)

Now that I started Hawkeye, I've realized that it sorta sucks having to wait so damn long for the next book. It seems like most comics are released, what, 1-2 times a month? And it takes 10 minutes to read the comic. So you have to wait 2-4 weeks to for 10 minutes of entertainment.

I'm not hating on the system, I just can def. see why people follow so many comics. I'm bored as hell waiting for the next Hawkeye, looks like I'm going to have to start following some new comics.

Seems like the consensus is that Wonder Woman is worth reading. Aquaman seems decent too. Might start those.

Vibranium

Banned
I can see why people follow so many damn comics

I haven't read many comics, and I've never followed a comic that is currently running. I've always bought the collected editions of whatever it is I was about to read (e.g. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Transmetropolitan, etc.)

Now that I started Hawkeye, I've realized that it sorta sucks having to wait so damn long for the next book. It seems like most comics are released, what, 1-2 times a month? And it takes 10 minutes to read the comic. So you have to wait 2-4 weeks to for 10 minutes of entertainment.

I'm not hating on the system, I just can def. see why people follow so many comics. I'm bored as hell waiting for the next Hawkeye, looks like I'm going to have to start following some new comics.

Seems like the consensus is that Wonder Woman is worth reading. Aquaman seems decent too. Might start those.

Read Winter Soldier 1-19, you won't be disappointed. Yes, I'm a major fanboy of it but it's that good.

If you don't know who Bucky is or read any stories with him in it all you need to do is get your hands on the Brubaker Captain America Omnibus (another amazing run).

And yeah, I totally agree with you on the way comics are released. That's something Marvel probably hasn't even considered: Many people slightly interested in comics get tired of waiting for more and move on. Maybe someday that'll be fixed, but creative teams are definitely a problem when it comes to speed.

Those outfits look pretty good IMO.

TELL ME MORE OF THIS PLEASE!

BenjaminBirdie could have described it better.

Spider-Man: Family Business OGN

Spider-Man has a new woman in his life.

Peter Parker learns that he apparently has a sister in Spider-Man: Family Business, one of Marvel Comics' new line of original graphic novels debuting April 2, 2014. The revelation sends the superhero on a tale of international intrigue from New York City to Monte Carlo to Cairo to a host of European destinations.

Mark Waid, one of a revolving team of Spidey writers on Amazing Spider-Man from 2009-10, signed on for Family Business because he wanted the chance to do something with gravitas and in a long-form graphic novel.

"The format was as much of the appeal as the character was," says Waid, the Daredevil series scribe who is co-writing with James Robinson (Earth 2) and teaming with artist Gabriele Dell'otto (Secret War). His paints are "just gorgeous and give it dimension to the characters that I don't think I've seen before."

In Family Business, the Kingpin is organizing a large crime syndicate and it's Peter Parker, not Spider-Man, who finds himself under attack, Waid says. The ruthless supervillain has "finally decided to expand his criminal empire on a global scale — if Spidey can't stop him."

But before Peter can figure out who's after him, a mysterious woman in a convertible screeches to a halt in front of him, and she tells him she's his long-lost sister, Teresa. The two of them never knew anything about each other, but Peter hops in the car anyway to get the bottom of the situation.

"The story is moving at such a breakneck speed that there's not much of a chance to catch a breath," Waid says. "He has every reason to be skeptical about who this woman is and who she says she is."

About this new character, the writer describes her as "the anti-Peter. She's got it all together, she's smooth as silk. She's Modesty Blaise."

Sounds amazing but the release date is April 2014.

Veelk

Banned
Random question: Has the Talon series Scott Snyder did been cancelled? I know it continues in birds of prey, but is that a part time thing while Snyder works on Unchained, or is it dead for good?

Batwoman is worth reading as well. No other Bat-titles necessary. But aside from those three books, that's about the extent of my DC reading outside of a Vertigo book or two.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Random question: Has the Talon series Scott Snyder did been cancelled? I know it continues in birds of prey, but is that a part time thing while Snyder works on Unchained, or is it dead for good?

Talon is solicited through August (issue 11). I think Snyder hasn't had anything to do with it for a couple issues already, however, leaving it all up to James Tynion IV.

September is obviously villains month, so hard to say what happens in October.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

He only worked on the first few issues. The story has gotten too predictable and the art is so bland now. The Birds of Prey issue is just a tiny crossover issue.

Veelk

Banned
Talon is solicited through August (issue 11). I think Snyder hasn't had anything to do with it for a couple issues already, however, leaving it all up to James Tynion IV.

September is obviously villains month, so hard to say what happens in October.

His name was on it up until the very last issue they released (issue 8), after that it was just JT4. And that concluded saying "the story will continue in Birds of Prey 21". I wonder why they took a break, but I'm happy that we're getting atleast 3 more issues then.
He only worked on the first few issues. The story has gotten too predictable and the art is so bland now.

I just want to see it conclude. Bane was going to get involved and the huge ass talon was going to do his own thing and it looked like the Court is finally being destroyed for good. It seems like such a shame to end it without getting all these things resolved.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
His name was on it up until the very last issue they released (issue 8), after that it was just JT4. And that concluded saying "the story will continue in Birds of Prey 21". I wonder why they took a break, but I'm happy that we're getting atleast 3 more issues then.

I don't think it was a "break", just a standard crossover.

I wouldn't be considered about Talon's future. There are a lot of DC books that sell significantly fewer copies than Talon does. Or at least there were since a few just got cancelled. But for reference, it sold 22k copies in May and slightly edged out Superboy.

Ah hell fucking yes at these DC announcements. Please more Young Justice, Sterling Gates/comics superstar Geoof Johns on Shazam, sexond earth 2 book and a Lagoon Boy ongoing please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom