• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Ah hell fucking yes at these DC announcements. Please more Young Justice, Sterling Gates/comics superstar Geoof Johns on Shazam, sexond earth 2 book and a Lagoon Boy ongoing please!!!

I love how you throw out a bunch of plausible books (especially the Gates Shazam) and then end with Lagoon Boy. Never change Rafa, never change.

Owzers

Trying to get back into Morning Glories after piling 10 issues in my backlog....why did i do this to myself? I know nothing. I'm going to try to get through all ten issues before dcbs' pre-order period ends so i can decide if i want to continue.

Trying to get back into Morning Glories after piling 10 issues in my backlog....why did i do this to myself? I know nothing. I'm going to try to get through all ten issues before dcbs' pre-order period ends so i can decide if i want to continue.

The last issue had a rundown of the entire series done in a few pages via cutesy cartoony versions of the characters. It was much more coherent than the entire series has been thus far. :p

It worked for Vibe!

jbx2Y1rmv2cUfq.PNG

Owzers

The last issue had a rundown of the entire series done in a few pages via cutesy cartoony versions of the characters. It was much more coherent than the entire series has been thus far. :p

give me cartoon everything then! The issue i just read now was #18, i don't even remember who Abraham is.

Incoming noob questions:

1) Where is the best place to track comic news / release dates?

2) Is there an easy / best way to track your pick lists each week?

3) Where is the best place to buy back issues?

4) Of the new 52, what are the current ones worth following (I am reading Batman, and I just picked up Superman Unchained #1).

Incoming noob questions:

1) Where is the best place to track comic news / release dates?
Comicbookresources and Bleedingcool for comic news and Comiclist.com or the publisher's personal website for release dates

2) Is there an easy / best way to track your pick lists each week?
http://pulllist.comixology.com/

3) Where is the best place to buy back issues?
Midtown Comics
Things From Another World
amazon

4) Of the new 52, what are the current ones worth following (I am reading Batman, and I just picked up Superman Unchained #1).
Earth 2, Swamp Thing, Batman and Robin, Animal Man, Flash and Suicide Squad.

oh hey, someone is leaking Age of Ultron #10 where you'd expect .

Hunger is exactly what you'd expect it to be if you've been reading recent solicits closely:
616 Galactus is transported to the Ultimate Universe. Presumably, this is tied closely to Fialkov's Ultimates Disassembled arc and the appearance of a very 616-looking Ultimate Kang, and may well lead to the permanent end of at least two-thirds of the current Ultimate line.

Hunger is exactly what you'd expect it to be if you've been reading recent solicits closely:
616 Galactus is transported to the Ultimate Universe. Presumably, this is tied closely to Fialkov's Ultimates Disassembled arc and the appearance of a very 616-looking Ultimate Kang, and may well lead to the permanent end of at least two-thirds of the current Ultimate line.
Can you spoil more please brah?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't get it, but I'm guessing someone pulled
a Superboy Prime
?

EDIT: That second one has not gone well, it's not gone well at all.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Tizoc

Oh my Rao
mzvokKW.jpg

Nothing nooby about these questions mate ;)
I can only answer #4 though:
Wonder Woman, All-Star Western, Suicide Squad

Mafro

Didn't realise the entire issue was leaked.
Wow, that was an anticlimax. Love how the OMFG UNGUESSABLE ENDING that Bendis kept hinting at was in fact Angela, and that was revealed weeks ago. Galactus being transported to the Ultimate universe could be pretty cool, especially with the new creative team on Ultimates.

Really disappointing event overall, the entire "Age of Morgan Le Fey" stuff in the second half of the series just felt utterly pointless and out of place. I'd really have liked to have seen AoU as a proper event last year when it was meant to, maybe things would have been fleshed out more with multiple tie-ins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I've enjoyed Animal Man and Swamp Thing (best read together) as well as I was very surprised with Justice League Dark. I also really liked Red Lanterns (I'm one of few though) and Green Lantern is fun too. Dial H is the fuckin bomb, and Earth 2 was some fun ass shit and still is. I had issues with keeping the bat-titles straight in my brain so they didn't work out so well for me. I'm sittin on a stack of Wonder Woman and I'm ready to dive in, but I haven't tried it yet.

I've enjoyed Animal Man and Swamp Thing (best read together) as well as I was very surprised with Justice League Dark. I also really liked Red Lanterns (I'm one of few though) and Green Lantern is fun too. Dial H is the fuckin bomb, and Earth 2 was some fun ass shit and still is. I had issues with keeping the bat-titles straight in my brain so they didn't work out so well for me. I'm sittin on a stack of Wonder Woman and I'm ready to dive in, but I haven't tried it yet.

Mah brutha *Internet Fist Bump*

It's actually pretty crazy how consistent the sales of Red Lanterns has been. Its been between 33-36k for like, ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mah brutha *Internet Fist Bump*

It's actually pretty crazy how consistent the sales of Red Lanterns has been. Its been between 33-36k for like, ever.

Yeeeeah I'm not alone!

I admit I love all the different Lantern Corps. I find it all fascinating and I enjoy reading anything related to them. Red's been a sort of guilty pleasure but I feel it has its own story worth telling and I'm glad it exists.

I don't feel AS strongly about Blue or Violet (Star Sapphire).

Yeeeeah I'm not alone!

I admit I love all the different Lantern Corps. I find it all fascinating and I enjoy reading anything related to them. Red's been a sort of guilty pleasure but I feel it has its own story worth telling and I'm glad it exists.

I don't feel AS strongly about Blue or Violet (Star Sapphire).

Oh it's absolutely been a guilty pleasure book. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to hold it up as some sort of gold standard that everyone should read; Pretty much only those already invested in the Lanternverse should have it on their pull list. I don't pull it for the characters; Atrocitus is fine, Bleez can be amusing, Dex-Starr is boss, Rankorr has potential, the other guys whatever-the-eff, I just like seeing dudes (and dudettes) spew acid blood on people and generally fuck shit up. I'd *like* it to become something that just focuses on bad people doing bad things for good reasons, just give me one offs where they go and exact twilight zone style vengeance on someone. Let me see bad people get messed up for being assholes. Give me Space Punishers in Space.

I'll admit, I'd be mildly curious for the other Lantern Corps; I don't think they can support their own books, but an anthology style could be great. Give me the viewpoint of the Indigo Tribe, give me a Blue/Green Lantern team up. Could be great.

i don't know if Spencer can write a book that's so above it all for 20 issues without me wanting to be above it too.

Let's be honest. After 25 issues, with the first half of the series done, we still have no idea what's going on. Spencer has all these plot points floating around, and when it does come time for him to connect the dots, he's going to do it with some deus ex machina metaphysical bullshit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh it's absolutely been a guilty pleasure book. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to hold it up as some sort of gold standard that everyone should read; Pretty much only those already invested in the Lanternverse should have it on their pull list. I don't pull it for the characters; Atrocitus is fine, Bleez can be amusing, Dex-Starr is boss, Rankorr has potential, the other guys whatever-the-eff, I just like seeing dudes (and dudettes) spew acid blood on people and generally fuck shit up. I'd *like* it to become something that just focuses on bad people doing bad things for good reasons, just give me one offs where they go and exact twilight zone style vengeance on someone. Let me see bad people get messed up for being assholes. Give me Space Punishers in Space.

I'll admit, I'd be mildly curious for the other Lantern Corps; I don't think they can support their own books, but an anthology style could be great. Give me the viewpoint of the Indigo Tribe, give me a Blue/Green Lantern team up. Could be great.

I did enjoy early on Atrocitus realizing he may have fucked up with what he did for Bleez, and I think that was a fun motivator in the beginning.

I also love old Punisher books so I think that really speaks to why I enjoy RL :p Atrocitus is a pretty interesting character in the midst of all the blood spewing, I'm glad they're working to develop him.

And my goodness I love it when 'normal people' end up with a Red ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom