• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We doing lists? I wanna do a list!

Batman And Batgirl #21
Batwoman #21
Supergirl #21
Wonder Woman #21
New Avengers #7
Justice League Of America's Vibe #5

Anyone been reading Christy Marx on Birds of Prey? Was thinking of giving it a go.

Birds of Prey is definitely getting better. Christy Mary is a good if not a great writer. I'd suggest picking up a one off issue to check it out; I believe the next issue is a one shit crossover with Talon.

Edit: The Talon crossover sounds interesting, Calvin Rose is bring forced to go after Strix (the BoP Talon).

Just Supergirl #21 for me this week. I've got a lot to catch up on.

Also, I don't know if anyone read DC Universe Presents #17 when that came out, but it almost read like Hawkguy-lite with the fake foreign language translations. It was kinda fun though, so i'll take that over bad grimdark any day. Ricken should get more work, too; she's pretty good.

guys...

I just read GL:NG #21 - AND DAMN IF THIS BOOK IS NOT THE BEST ONE OF THE GL SEMI-RELAUNCH.

Jordan and Walker outshine the efforts by the other two new GL teams with ease. Spot on dialog, great battles, creative use of powers, Carol has a much more unique voice than she had before.

And hey only a few hours till i can get the glourious Avengers goodness :)

tim1138

So happy to see
Orion
back in his book. Last month's WW centric story was such a let down.

Vibe was stellar again this month, I'm gonna miss this book when it's inevitably cancelled.

Animal Man was solid, Lemire introduced a new creeptastic villain and put in motion an arc that should surprise no one.

Mindwipe

Just a warning: don't be in the process of swallowing any liquid when you read the last page of TF:MTMTE #18, or you will ruin the book or your electronic reading screen of choice.

ZOMG.

Hey guys, outside of All-Star Superman and Superman: Brainiac (Geoff Johns), my Superman reading has been limited at best. With the release of Man of Steel and Superman Unchained, I'm keen to check out what Comixology's sale has to offer but I don't know where to start. Can I have some recommendations please?

I don't know if it's part of the sale, or if others will agree with me, BUT I love the whole arc of Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, and Return of Superman. The stories are almost 20 years old, but I still find them enjoyable.

*edit*

Ohh I'm also going to add and I don't know if this is digital or available as part of the sale, but Byrne's 86 Superman reboot Man of Steel is good too.

Owzers

All caught up on Morning Glories through issue #27, yep, i read things and i fully understand and remember everything that has happened from issue 1-27. All of it.

But just to be clear
that time travel stuff...so the kids on a mission were sent before hunter/casey/jade/ike? And they were all sent to the future...and then the past...and then the current....or...things. Yeah. And when does young Hodge kill Vanessa?

Thai

Bane was better.
so...age of ultron 10
Based on the set-up that they had to kill one of the wolverines, don't they have to kill Sue and Wolverine now? They are in a reality where Ultron never conquered earth..so there's a Sue and Wolverine running around that never lived through that too....

Also, this means wolverine can be killed! They should have just had a series where Sue and 2x Wolverine live as hermits in the savage land making babies and riding dinosaurs.

so...age of ultron 10
Based on the set-up that they had to kill one of the wolverines, don't they have to kill Sue and Wolverine now? They are in a reality where Ultron never conquered earth..so there's a Sue and Wolverine running around that never lived through that too....

Also, this means wolverine can be killed! They should have just had a series where Sue and 2x Wolverine live as hermits in the savage land making babies and riding dinosaurs.

Techincally no-you can see
When they return and hug on that rooftop-reality appears to be overwriting itself-and then it shatters-I think their "reality" is the one that breaks the mutli-verse.
It's too bad the entire storyline was utterly pointless and shit-maybe the worst Marvel event ever-but the "ramifications" are interesting enough that they COULD make some decent stories out of it-but I sincerely doubt it.

kswiston

When they return and hug on that rooftop-reality appears to be overwriting itself-and then it shatters-I think their "reality" is the one that breaks the mutli-verse.
It's too bad the entire storyline was utterly pointless and shit-maybe the worst Marvel event ever-but the "ramifications" are interesting enough that they COULD make some decent stories out of it-but I sincerely doubt it.

The ramifications could have been set up in the first 3-5 pages of whatever series is actually going to deal with this fallout. So many ongoing stories in regular books are dealing with stuff that could have lead this same outcome. Such a tacked on ending to a pointless series.

Thai

Bane was better.

ah but they didn't know that when they killed one of the wolverines. they should have all committed suicide at that point.

BJK

The ramifications could have been set up in the first 3-5 pages of whatever series is actually going to deal with this fallout. So many ongoing stories in regular books are dealing with stuff that could have lead this same outcome. Such a tacked on ending to a pointless series.

You mean the super secret ending that no one could guess
which had been outed in the press before the story actually went anywhere
?

First time I've rated a book a 1 on Comixology; so glad Bendis is off Avengers.

kswiston

I love how shameless Marvel has gotten with their in-house ads in event books like AoU #10.

Earth shattering ramification #1!!! (next page is a solicit for a mini that will deal with said ramification)

story continues with earth shattering ramification #2!!! (next page is a solicit for a mini that will deal with said ramification)

It's like the comic book equivalent of that NPC in Dragon Age Origins that tried to sell you DLC in game.

kswiston

Revealing Angela before the book. Came out seems like a mistake.

Why not have an awesome reveal to drive sales instead of giving it away for free

That reveal was probably the day after they decided to shoehorn Angela into the book. Leaving her out would have changed zero things.

Actually, I wonder if that announcement was to string people along, and keep sales up. They make a big deal about this character entering the Marvel U in Age of Ultron. In response, we as readers assume the story is going to be a big deal with some master plan beyond raiding crackhouses and killing characters like taskmaster for zero reason.

That, or Bendis was trying to be meta. Ultron hates humans so much that his final revenge is unleashing the Age of Ultron series on us.

The ramifications is they made alot of people buy a ten issue
redux of Chaos War.
Edit: Don't think it's a spoiler, but just in case.

That reveal was probably the day after they decided to shoehorn Angela into the book. Leaving her out would have changed zero things.

Actually, I wonder if that announcement was to string people along, and keep sales up. They make a big deal about this character entering the Marvel U in Age of Ultron. In response, we as readers assume the story is going to be a big deal with some master plan beyond raiding crackhouses and killing characters like taskmaster for zero reason.

That, or Bendis was trying to be meta. Ultron hates humans so much that his final revenge is unleashing the Age of Ultron series on us.

DING DING DING.

Welcome to all events ever. ;P

kswiston

I gave Final Crisis similar marks when I wrote there so maybe it is.

WTF, spoilers much? I get that you hate Marvel books but I didn't go around spoiling DC books just because I don't read them.

Other than the fact that you don't really need to read either series to "get" Marvel's newest status quo, I don't really see how that statement counts as spoilers.

WTF, spoilers much? I get that you hate Marvel books but I didn't go around spoiling DC books just because I don't read them.

I actually don't hate Marvel. I'm just indifferent. As I've mentioned in previous posts, my roomate actually gets Marvel books so I read some of them to stay informed. And I edited my post for the potential that it could be seen as a spoiler, (I don't think it is but no sense risking it), I was specifically referring to the fact that very few event books actually "shake up" the status quo. I'd say AvX is a good example of one that actually *sort* of did, insofar as it changed how alot of characters treat each other at the very least.

I actually don't hate Marvel. I'm just indifferent. As I've mentioned in previous posts, my roomate actually gets Marvel books so I read some of them to stay informed. And I edited my post for the potential that it could be seen as a spoiler, (I don't think it is but no sense risking it), I was specifically referring to the fact that very few event books actually "shake up" the status quo. I'd say AvX is a good example of one that actually *sort* of did, insofar as it changed how alot of characters treat each other at the very least.

I see. I thought you meant dead people come back to life at the end.

Dysun

lol bendis Ultron 10
super hyped mysterious "only 10 people know the ending" is your version of superboy prime reality punch? plus shoe-horning in Angela was a waste because it was spoiled

Age of Ultron seems so... pointless. I don't understand what happened.
Are all the universes one now
or something? I mean, that's the only thing I can think of to have it make any damn sense.

Vibranium

Banned
So was the final goal of Age of Ultron actually to contrive a way to
finally end the Ultimate universe?

I'm thinking yes, especially in the wake of the
Ultimates vs 616 crossover
Bleeding Cool rumour. Hopefully that gives me the opportunity to see
616 Captain America beat the shit out of that bigoted Ultimate asshole President Cap (just like how 50's Cap got his ass handed to him by Bucky).

I actually had high hopes for the Angela reveal. Aince Quesada said they were going to do it in a way like they Cap back in the 60s. Coulda fooled me.

kswiston

So was the final goal of Age of Ultron actually to contrive a way to
finally end the Ultimate universe?

AoU spoilers/conjecture:

Bleeding Cool is suggesting that the Spider-Man in Mighty Avengers could actually be Miles, with him as the only survivor of the Ultimate Universe after the Hunger Mini Series. I don't know if that will happen, but between the outcome of AoU and the announcement that a sequel to Spider-men is happening, I think Miles will end up in 616, and they will shutter the Ultimate line. Everything other than Ultimate Comics Spider-man is selling outside the Top 100 now. Basically cancellation sales.

Nudull

Banned
AoU spoilers/conjecture:

Bleeding Cool is suggesting that the Spider-Man in Mighty Avengers could actually be Miles, with him as the only survivor of the Ultimate Universe after the Hunger Mini Series. I don't know if that will happen, but between the outcome of AoU and the announcement that a sequel to Spider-men is happening, I think Miles will end up in 616, and they will shutter the Ultimate line. Everything other than Ultimate Comics Spider-man is selling outside the Top 100 now. Basically cancellation sales.

I'd actually be okay with Miles surviving. He's the best thing to come out of the Ultimate universe in ages, and I could use an alternative to SpOck.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
AoU spoilers/conjecture:

That would be a hell of a costume change. Personally I don't see it, but I wouldn't mind
folding him into this universe
. Considering what Hickman is doing, it sort of makes sense.

AoU spoilers/conjecture:

I hope this doesn't mean we loose the ensemble cast of characters like Ultimate Gwen, Ganke, and Jessica Drew. The side characters make Ultimate Spider-ma as enjoyable as the main protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom