• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah at least Rogue has a personality in that book. A chip on her shoulder.

New Avengers is just fucking great. Finally getting into the Black Panter/Namor conflict.

TeamWakanda.

GRWZnTR.jpg

Hunger live chat with Bendis/Fialkov going on now.

I don't expect the full plans for the Ultimate line to be confirmed until SDCC next month. There's a denial that the line is ending, but that leaves a fair amount of wiggle room (i.e.: by the beginning of 2014, will there still be at least one ongoing book set in the Ultimate Universe and/or featuring Ultimate characters? Almost certainly. Will there be three ongoing books set entirely in the Ultimate U? Not likely).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't expect the full plans for the Ultimate line to be confirmed until SDCC next month. There's a denial that the line is ending, but that leaves a fair amount of wiggle room (i.e.: by the beginning of 2014, will there still be at least one ongoing book set in the Ultimate Universe and/or featuring Ultimate characters? Almost certainly. Will there be three ongoing books set entirely in the Ultimate U? Not likely).

Sounds like they're still planning it out. I can see them wanting to keep Miles around, but I can't just see them divorcing him from his universe. I mean how would that even work? Have him live with Luke Cage when he gets to the 616? Actually I could see Bendis doing this...

Sounds like they're still planning it out. I can see them wanting to keep Miles around, but I can't just see them divorcing him from his universe. I mean how would that even work? Have him live with Luke Cage when he gets to the 616? Actually I could see Bendis doing this...

Speaking of which, who will Miles stay with? Luke and Jessica? Avengers? Parkers? Otto Peter? Jean Grey School?

Prediction: after Hunger, we'll see a new Miles Morales book that may or may not still be set in the Ultimate U, as well as a new Exiles-type book that will feature Miles and/or a couple other surviving Ultimate characters. There will be no more than one book, if that, set primarily or entirely in the Ultimate U.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of which, who will Miles stay with? Luke and Jessica? Avengers? Parkers? Otto Peter? Jean Grey School?

Is my guess. Bendis loves him some Luke and Jessica. No way in hell will anyone let him room with Peter (Otto or not) and the Avengers are out as well. It'll be the Jean Grey School or Luck and Jessica. I seriously doubt Bendis is going to want to let anyone write Miles but him for now, he never even got an uninterrupted year with the character yet.

Prediction: after Hunger, we'll see a new Miles Morales book that may or may not still be set in the Ultimate U, as well as a new Exiles-type book that will feature Miles and/or a couple other surviving Ultimate characters. There will be no more than one book, if that, set primarily or entirely in the Ultimate U.

Who would be worth saving for that book though? Actually come to think of it this would be the best way to bring Gwen Stacy back to life...damn it Marvel leave her alone! I don't need Peter getting all confused over a teenager.

MartyStu

Sooo, AoU 10 / New Avengers 1-7 / Avengers 1-14 Spoiler:

Okay guys - long story short: So now we have the complete picture - Wolverine carshed the Space/Time-continuum. This leads to a colapse of the system, the bleeding and the incursions. We know that the Ultimate Universe is hit by the events of Infinity and we know that Spidey 2099 is coming back as well as there are many storylines with messed up timelines - Captain Marvel, Fantastic Four, Hulk etc. coming up or running. Why does my nerd sense tingle and tell me that we will get a bit more interaction between timelines and parallel worlds in the next year? Maybe a Rebooted Ultimate Universe as hinted before? Damn it all flows so well and all this build up right under our nose - it seems like infinity will be at least well thought out
So Infinite Crisis essentially...

Who would be worth saving for that book though? Actually come to think of it this would be the best way to bring Gwen Stacy back to life...damn it Marvel leave her alone! I don't need Peter getting all confused over a teenager.

ult aunt may, iceman, kitty, logan's son, cable, jean, and human torch :D

So Infinite Crisis essentially...[/SPOILER]

Not quite.
But yes, it seems like there will be some crisis like effects. But I love the idea of the "System", the unwittingly initiated colapse of the mutiverse and it's integrity, the reasoning why the problem starts end ends with Earth. So many easy and elegant solutions.

AoU now has a place in marvel history and I call bullshit on only a few people knowing the ending of it. Too much set-up in Now buidls upton the premise shown in AoU. And it should have been the finale of Bendis runs and not those last terrible arcs after AvX.

Tizoc

I still can't stand Porter's art in Morrison's JL run, especially when the characters are drawn in what look like odd poses...
Still one of the best JL runs ever IMO.

That Punisher 2099 stuff is glorious. "Where did you live?" "ON THE EDGE!" sogood.gif

I would LOVE a new Exiles book. The original was one of my favourites until Claremont took over.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Not that much information so far, but at least I got them to answer which Earth is the more delicious one of the two.

Owzers

So Stark is impressed by a cell phone that can call Earth, even though he's acting as Iron Man there via remote-operated suits? Editors, do your jobs.

....seriously that was an awful preview and it makes me feel bad for pre-ordering/reading GotG, i'll probably drop it soon.

NEO0MJ

need some suggestions for books staring female heroes. The only comics I read starring female heroes are Gray/Palmiotti Power Girl and new 52 wonder Woman and batwoman.

I swear I never get tired of seeing this. Sometimes it almost makes me want to read Punisher 2099.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
need some suggestions for books staring female heroes. The only comics I read starring female heroes are Gray/Palmiotti Power Girl and new 52 wonder Woman and batwoman.

I swear I never get tired of seeing this. Sometimes it almost makes me want to read Punisher 2099.

Captain Marvel. So good.

Salsa

my shitty android tablet broke and now I have a new equally crappy one but got lots of SAGA to catch up to

feelsgood

I like those too (more WW than HtA) so I'd rec SILENCE! over on the Mindless Ones, maybe? I dig it a lot but it probably isn't for everybody.

I'm thirty minutes into the most recent episode of SILENCE! and holy geez do I like it. Thank you so much for the awesome rec.

Acid08

Banned
Caught up on Winter Soldier finally. Thoughts on the arcs:

Arc 1: Amazing, great comics. Once of my favorite Doom stories.

Arc 2: Uneven. Lots of ups and downs, a little boring and simple at times. Still fun though, liked the ending even though it was pretty fucked up.

Arc 3: Plebs bow down to Latour and Klein. Amazing art, gripping story, everything about their little run was so good. ISSUE 17 THO. GATDAMN.

I look forward to the hopeful reboot.

frye

I'm thirty minutes into the most recent episode of SILENCE! and holy geez do I like it. Thank you so much for the awesome rec.

Dope. The reason why I said they're probably not for everybody is because they do quite a lot of gimmick-y skits and songs but I find most of them reasonably amusing.

Dope. The reason why I said they're probably not for everybody is because they do quite a lot of gimmick-y skits and songs but I find most of them reasonably amusing.

Oh it's definitely a bit weird. I could see plenty of people not liking it. But I finished #67 and giggled a bunch. I'll happily listen along every week, even if I don't always get where they're coming from (an East of West slight? Thoroughly enjoying Killjoys?).

Tizoc

Hmm off the top of my head:
Zatanna by Paul Dini
Ms. Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom