• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
STARE INTO THE CROTCH OF DARKSEID! INDEED! I CAN FEEL YOUR DISCOMFORT GROW AS YOUR GAZE HOLDS EVER STEADY!

tumblr_legyc86TwW1qzm6hao1_500.jpg

Howard Porter: Inexplicably Perfect On That Book

He's incredibly unsubtle, all BIG REACTIONS and big action lines everywhere. On any other book, this would be a problem, but not here. He's also really got at drawing all the wacky shit Morrison asks him to do.

Star Wars Legacy #4

All Star Western #21
Aquaman #21
Justice League Dark #21
Superman Family adventures tpb

All new X-men #13
Daredevil #27
FF #8
Journey into Mystery #653
Uncanny X-men #7
Wolverine and Xmen #32
X-men #2

maybe some other things

Tizoc

I love that Darkseid has his own ring announcer to build him up with all these awesome lines like "Who is the rock and the chain and the lightning?"

As if suddenly appearing out a boom tube in a giant warship covered in 90s-esque Kirby Krackle just wasn't enough.

Heh well I just like that Morrison did it like that, really added to Darkseid's greatness.

...and the 'And then Darkseid' box just finishes up the previous text; after the end there is only Darkseid.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just bought the first 17 Immortal Iron Fists because of the Comixology sale.

Hoping to start it tomorrow night now, but is there much more reading after #17 if I am enjoying it, anyone know?

MOTHERFUCKER

The Promethea Immateria, a hardcover collection collection all 32 issues of Promethea, sideways, preserving the double page spreads that were the signature of Alan Moore and JH Williams‘ grimoire-disguised-as-a-superhero comic, has been put on hold.

RAAAAAAAAAGE!

Tenck

Last time I read a comic was probably when I was 10 years old. Friend of mine introduced me to Comixology, and well, I'm pretty much hooked right now.

I have way too many books right now, so going physical is quite literally impossible for me right now. I've bought Hawkeye, All Star Superman, Action Comics, Final Crisis, Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Kingdom Come, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, and Superman/Batman.

What are some recommendations you guys can give to someone who's just getting back into this?

Heroes/Villains I like and would like to read about are Deadpool, Spider Man, Super Man, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

The two I want to really focus on right now are Flash and Wonder Woman though. But anything is welcome, since there's probably a million different cool super heroes I could end up liking a lot.

Heroes/Villains I like and would like to read about are Deadpool, Spider Man, Super Man, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Batman.

The two I want to really focus on right now are Flash and Wonder Woman though. But anything is welcome, since there's probably a million different cool super heroes I could end up liking a lot.

Current Flash and Wonder Woman are very, very good. You should get both of those. They've been consistently good so you're pretty safe starting from #1 (Of the New 52 series) with both of them.

Batman by Snyder and Batman & Robin by Tomasi have been good since New 52 started as well. If you find yourself enjoying Batman and Robin, I'd suggest going back and getting into the Morrison stuff from just before New 52 started, (Batman and Robin 2009 series). That has Dick Grayson as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin and is like 25+ish issues.

Superman is sort of up in the air at the moment. Superman Unchained has potential. Batman/Superman looks interesting. But your best bet, atm, is probably the digital first "Adventures of Superman" out of specific canon Superman stories. "Legends of the Dark Knight" is the Batman version of this and is also very good.

I'm also going to go ahead and recommend "Batman Beyond Unlimited" (which is becoming Batman Beyond Universe in a month or two), great digital first continuations of the Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond (Older Superman, Big Barda, Kai-ro Green Lantern, etc) universe.

The current version of Spiderman is
Not Peter Parker
. So if that interests you, you'd want to go back to Superior Spiderman #1, and maybe even a few issues before that from Amazing Spiderman #695ish to #700.

Current Deadpool run is considered good, to my knowledge, so you are probably safe with that.

Dysun

This is a huge week, I saw some of the lists but I just took a look at mine.

Aquaman 21
Batman Superman 1
Flash 21
Justice League 21
Justice League Dark 21
Justice League of America 5
Red Lanterns 21
The Wake 2

Age of Ultron 10AI
All New X-Men 13
Captain America 8
Guardians of the Galaxy 4
Hawkeye 11
Uncanny X-Men 7
X-Men 2

That's cutting out some usual buys for me too like Wolverine, WATXM, UXF

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This week is awesome. I ordered the first trades of Avengers Arena, Wonder Woman, Transformers:MTMTE.

and with my weekly list:

Captain America
Hawkeye
Talon (I'm giving this a chance to stop being bland now for an issue or two)
The Wake
X-Men

Nudull

Banned
Adventure Time #17
Ghostbusters v.2 #5
Regular Show #2
X-Men #2
Young Avengers #6

May get/need to catch up on:
The Wake #2
Journey Into Mystery #653
Adventure Time: Playing With Fire (still haven't found it, yet. :/)
Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #1
Batman Superman #1

Pretty small week of pulls for me, compared to everyone else. More room for trades and catching up, then. :3

TMNT is gonna be some good shit this week.

Really tempted to start reading again from City Fall, though on the other hand, my local library system is starting to get the IDW trades, so I could go either way.

Wool

I'm excited for X-Men #2. UXM has been a disappointment so far but I'm holding out hope. It's my first time reading something by Bendis and I'm leaning towards not liking him (well, his work).

Oh joy, we're doing lists!

DC
Batman/Superman #1
Justice League #22
Justice League Dark #21
Justice League of America #5
The Wake #2

Marvel
Guardians of the Galaxy #4
Hawkeye #11

It's gonna be a good week!

Owzers

I'm not really liking WATXM, after finishing the Dog story arc i much prefer the book when Wolverine isn't narrating how much of a badass with a heart of gold he is.

This is relative to my interests. In fact, yesterday I finally read Archaia's FCBD book, and then went to their site to check out their titles. From there I promptly hit up amazon and ordered Pantalones TX, the first Cow Boy hc, and the first Mouse Guard hc. I hope Boom takes good care of sweet Archaia.

Also! I read the first book of Atomic Robo yesterday, it was also a FCBD book, and holy crap! What total awesomeness is this? So ready to buy all seven trades, like, now (but I'll wait 'til payday).The first book is free on Comixology. Go read it!

Also, guys, I think I'm gonna do it. I think I'm gonna actually go to my LCS Wednesday morning. I'm gonna be one of those people, OMG. Transformation complete!

Also! I read the first book of Atomic Robo yesterday, it was also a FCBD book, and holy crap! What total awesomeness is this? So ready to buy all seven trades, like, now (but I'll wait 'til payday).The first book is free on Comixology. Go read it!
Atomic Robo is one of my favorite indy books out there. It still amuses me when people first discover it.

Blader

Was the older Deadpool stuff funnier? I have access to all of it on Marvel Unlimited...should I check it out?

I'm struggling to see why he's such a popular character.

I'm alone in this, but I think Way's Deadpool is the funniest version of the character. Which is doubly surprising because I find Way to be pretty garbage most of the time.

Most people will cite Joe Kelly's Deadpool or Fabian Nicieza's Cable & Deadpool, but u always thought those runs were really wordy and dragged down the pacing of the humor. What's felt a lot sharper and quicker to me.

Lobdells Teen Titans is one of the most pointless and meandering books on the market. There is no direction. Then they put the bland man Tony Bedard on dialogue.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well, let me take a look at my week.

Dark Horse
The Last of Us - American Dreams #3

Jupiter's Legacy #2
Lazarus #1

DC
Batman/Superman #1

Marvel
X-Men #2
Young Avengers #6
Guardians of the Galaxy #4
Hawkeye #11
FF #8

Yeah, wallet crunching week. But luckily, I'm way behind on All-New X-Men so I didn't have to worry about that or Captain America. I'm hating myself right now because I got the Locke & Key trades as a gift and devoured them in a weekend. Now I have to go hunt down the newest arc and wait for new issues... :(

Owzers

^^^ put in my order at IST for Hellboy Library vol 6, Izombie 3 and 4, and Unwritten vol 7. Time to catch up on Unwritten next/soon.

Deadpool has never been funny and more often than not fans of Deadpool are "those" kind of people. The only decent treatment of deadpool ever was in Uncanny X-Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom