• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

The emotions I felt reading Cyclops rival those of when I first saw Schindler's List.

untitled-18vo9h2.gif

I thought people enjoyed Wood on X-Men, but now hate him? Am I wrong?

Also, DC not letting
Kate and Maggie get married is bullshit
, as much publicity as they want for making other characters gay, different races, hell, even Canadian, they can't do this? It's not like she's an A tier character, so it wouldn't destroy the franchise. Maybe if
Nocenti
takes over shit will get done.

Edit: that Supergirl costume is pretty damn awesome, she should switch permanently.

Boogiepop

Man, my comic purchasing friend is no longer picking up the X-men Omnibuses I thought he was, so now the Wolverine and the X-men one and the Uncanny X-Force one are back on my potential plate. Wolverine and the X-men has the awesome bonus of being new enough for extra discount. However, the Uncanny X-Force one is apparently not in stock on InStockTrades?

Anyway, gotta decide if I want to take the plunge on a ton of comics in a semi irresponsible manner...

Messi

Erm...which part?

Edit: better? I can spoiler more.

Yeah that is fine. I'd spoiler Canadian aswell because screw Canada.

The moment when
Batwoman calls Maggie Mags and asks her to marry her is incredibly sweet. It's a shame dc stood in the way of it. They will now do the futures end harley issue about her marrying Joker and no fuss will be made. Fucking sucks.

Read all my books for the week.

Best of the week:

DC - Green Arrow 32
Marvel - Moon Knight 4
Indie - Tie - Nailbiter 2 & The Woods 2

Green Arrow overall book of the week. I'm excited for this new arc and it's the same art team but the book had a fresh feel with new color theme.

ahahaha, Brian Wood. get the fuck outta here

I read the new Tiny Titans and it was super fun. never read any of the other stuff before but i like it. reminds me of the cartoon.
I'm curious what other IPs that Archie Comics owns could be twisted into a horror-oriented tale. You have Afterlife with Archie, a dark, pulpy apocalyptic zombie tale. Sabrina, a chilling period piece/coming of age tale about witchcraft and the occult. What else?

Is it just... Josie and the Pussycats?
I would read the shit out of a dark Josie and the Pussycats comic

Messi

Okay, it didn't even occur to me when I typed that out.

I'm of two minds over that. It's crappy he did it, but I wouldn't think twice about buying his work if I enjoyed it.

I know it's such a small thing but he said he was a noob to DC so it's possible he doesn't know what shitty thing dc pulled on them. Also it hangs over the story once that issue happens. :/.

Maybe it's not a spoiler and I'm being weird.

Batwoman is still good by the way.

I know it's such a small thing but he said he was a noob to DC so it's possible he doesn't know what shitty thing dc pulled on them. Also it hangs over the story once that issue happens. :/.

I should catch up, it was one of the few DC books I really liked, but I never gave th new team a shot.

tim1138

Read all my books for the week.

Best of the week:

DC - Green Arrow 32
Marvel - Moon Knight 4
Indie - Tie - Nailbiter 2 & The Woods 2

Green Arrow overall book of the week. I'm excited for this new arc and it's the same art team but the book had a fresh feel with new color theme.

How about those
flashback
scenes? So cool.

Messi

I should catch up, it was one of the few DC books I really liked, but I never gave th new team a shot.

You should. They have made the best of a bad situation. They even wrapped up the dropped arc in the most recent annual. It was decent and didn't feel tacked on.

fauxtrot

Banned

Thanks for lookin' out, friendo.

I already know.

Zombine

Banned
The worst part about Ellis leaving Moon Knight isn't the fact that Wood is on it, it's the fact that we probably won't get a super Hardcover Mega Ellis Edition with notes and shit. It'll just get merged into the eventual Brian Wood
Collection.

Messi

Thanks for lookin' out, friendo.

I already know.

:p all my covering was for naught.

You know what's shitty. The first 4 volumes of Batwoman including elegy are hardcover and the most recent one they didn't do a hardcover. Leaving me with 4 hardcovers and a soft cover.

fauxtrot

Banned
Not exactly... I only know that DC
wouldn't let Batwoman marry and the creative team left because of it
, but I don't know
whom she was going to marry
or any of the actual details. So thanks. :D

Spoiler tags are FUNdamental!

:p all my covering was for naught.

You know what's shitty. The first 4 volumes of Batwoman including elegy are hardcover and the most recent one they didn't do a hardcover. Leaving me with 4 hardcovers and a soft cover.

Uhhhhh. Wut? The most recent volume was This Blood Is Thick. I got it in hardcover. Did DC not put out a hardcover on that side of the pond?

Messi

Not exactly... I only know that DC
wouldn't let Batwoman marry and the creative team left because of it
, but I don't know
whom she was going to marry
or any of the actual details. So thanks. :D

Spoiler tags are FUNdamental!

It's a Canadian, if you can believe that.

What is the world coming to.

Uhhhhh. Wut? The most recent volume was This Blood Is Thick. I got it in hardcover. Did DC not put out a hardcover on that side of the pond?

What the fuck. I just checked amazon and there it is. It wasn't there when I was buying it and my store told me they didn't list one.

Fuck sake.

Adventure Time - The Flip Side #6:
Ugh, what a missed opportunity. The art is the redeeming factor for this one, and it's still just "eh". I'm disappointed in spending cash for this.
Original Sin #3:
Wow. What? Wow.
That was great! I mean, what the hell. Didn't see it coming. Also, I wonder what Spidey saw...
Ultimate Spider-Dude #2:
That's not Peter. Peter isn't an ass 24/7.
That's a clone, Chameleon, or
Norman Osborn somehow

You should. They have made the best of a bad situation. They even wrapped up the dropped arc in the most recent annual. It was decent and didn't feel tacked on.
Next payday I'll grab them then. Anything else by DC that's really good aside from Batman?

Messi

Next payday I'll grab them then. Anything else by DC that's really good aside from Batman?

You guys make it easy for me. Pick up Harley Quinn and I'd say Batgirl or at the very least the recent Annual #2. That book was emotional.

Also Superman Wonder Woman plus Wonder Woman.

You guys make it easy for me. Pick up Harley Quinn and I'd say Batgirl or at the very least the recent Annual #2. That book was emotional.

Also Superman Wonder Woman plus Wonder Woman.
I fully expected you to say Catwoman too. I'll give Batgirl a chance.

I would read the shit out of a dark Josie and the Pussycats comic

Genres...

Teen slasher?

Conspiracy mystery?

Lovecraftian horror?

Psychological terror?

Is Josie really a patient in an insane asylum and the Pussycats are her fellow inmates trying to escape the madness through music and the solving of a horrific mystery at the heart of the madhouse?

I'll put it like this. His scandal was more interesting than his work at Marvel.

Oh, well that bodes very well!

Messi

I fully expected you to say Catwoman too. I'll give Batgirl a chance.

I don't recommend bad books written by awful writers. I understand my vice and need to read that book but I won't pull others down into the madness with me. With that said, the first arc that was drawn by Guillem March pre Queen Nocenti is good stuff and a fun read. But the second you see Queen Nocentis name on the cover bail the fuck out.

If you don't read Batman and Robin you should fix that. Tomasi and Gleason are doing great character work.
Bruce making the voice mail of Damien talking from old recordings to give to Carrie was heartbreaking.

What the fuck. I just checked amazon and there it is. It wasn't there when I was buying it and my store told me they didn't list one.

Fuck sake.

I do remember it originally being solicited as a TPB. They probably changed their minds later and decided to do a hardcover release. Maybe sales were strong enough to warrant it. The other possibility, of course, is that you're actually future Messi, and you traveled back in time from a year in the future when the hardcover is out of print and only the paperback is available.

Messi

I do remember it originally being solicited as a TPB. They probably changed their minds later and decided to do a hardcover release. Maybe sales were strong enough to warrant it. The other possibility, of course, is that you're actually future Messi, and you traveled back in time from a year in the future when the hardcover is out of print and only the paperback is available.

Wait, is this a legitimate possibility? Did I travel back in time?

I know Korupt posted this Guillem March commission a few days ago but I wanted to post it again.

I just want a Harley/Catwoman/Sirens book with art by Guillem March again.

Voror

The worst part about Ellis leaving Moon Knight isn't the fact that Wood is on it, it's the fact that we probably won't get a super Hardcover Mega Ellis Edition with notes and shit. It'll just get merged into the eventual Brian Wood
Collection.

Wait, had Marvel been doing these with shorter runs?

Messi

Yes, I think that's the most likely explanation.

I am from the future and I was told to tell you guys that #YearofRemender ends with him getting Book of the year and that Legion of Superheroes is still shit in this time period and nobody reads it.

One more thing, Bitch Planet comes out and is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom