• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Yeah it is. She's a bad motha'fucker to be coloring so many damn good books.

Her colors in issue six of Zero are just godly. The way the palette shifts with the story, it's so freaking good.

KoruptData said:
It also helps that she lives with Declan. Their like, boyfriend and girlfriend!

I'm not downplaying her Moon Knight work at all, but Zero is so impressive because she works with a different artist every issue.

Blues1990

I've just finished reading Mega Man Issue #37, and... Wow. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around what's going to happen in this Classic Mega Man/Mega Man X crossover.

Here are some things that I liked about this issue:

-There is some great character development in this issue, such as Dr. Cossack learning what Dr. Wily did to get himself barred from working in the field of robotics. Same about Wily pushing Cossack's buttons about his daughter, who was traumatized during the world-wide blackout in the Rah Moon arc.
-Ian did a great job writing Zero in this issue, such as how he was playfully mocking the Emerald Spears terrorists.
-Speaking of which, it was fun to see the Maverick Hunters interact with human criminals, as they do come across as a mild annoyance. (At least compared to the Mavericks X & Zero have to battle with on a day-to-day basis.)
-This issue was a big set-up for what's going to happen down the line, such as Xander Payne taking a risk of traveling to the past, but it seems likely he's going on a one-way trip to the future. I honestly don't know how he's going to react to a future where the world is in a greater state of disrepair.
-The spider-like combat robot that Rock, Pharaoh Man, & Bright Man fight resembles Wily Machine 3 & an enemy that X would have fight in the Mega Man X series.

I'm looking to see how this crossover will continue, and how everyone will get out of this mess.

Black Widow was alright. Were on issue 7 and it's all the same though. We get some slight character development of her assistant. It seems like last issue she made some development but this issue she is back to square 1. Noto is the book so far.

Black Widow was alright. Were on issue 7 and it's all the same though. We get some slight character development of her assistant. It seems like last issue she made some development but this issue she is back to square 1. Noto is the book so far.

I won't be reading any of the issues till I get home from work, but Natasha is a depressing character.

Doesn't she ever have any fun? I mean, you can atone and be melancholic about your past, but come on girl. Let your hair down a bit. I hope the crossover with Frank in August energizes her a bit.

Yeah I've felt the same way.. trying to slim down my pull list and black widow is a tough decision... that art tho

My LCS has a 5% discount(cash only),, kinda weak but I guess at least its a discount. The other LCS I eventually plan on going to is 10% I think.

I really think I'm going to give DCBS a try for most of my pulls here soon,, maybe just pick up the books I like the most from my LCS

ReAxion

Just read D4VE #5, the finale.

Can't recommend this enough. 99c an issue on comixology, only 5 issues. Treat yourself.

Chinner

Banned
picking up stuff tomorrow. will check out black widow but i can see where you guys are coming from. any thoughts on the punisher #6?

picking up stuff tomorrow. will check out black widow but i can see where you guys are coming from. any thoughts on the new punisher?

The Punisher is pretty good. I like the art a lot and the colors are nice. It has some cool first person shooter views I think are pretty awesome and would like to see more people use that.

Messi

Is the cat featured? Best character.

My LCS discounts:

15% on pull list and back issues.
20% on TPB's and Statues
10% everything else (Action figures, ect)

To qualify for these discounts, you have to sign up for a monthly pull of 10 books or more. Otherwise you get a punch card and when you fill it up you get $50.

Messi

My LCS discounts:

15% on pull list and back issues.
20% on TPB's and Statues
10% everything else (Action figures, ect)

To qualify for these discounts, you have to sign up for a monthly pull of 10 books or more. Otherwise you get a punch card and when you fill it up you get $50.

This sounds like a wonderful store. Mine gives nada.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Damn, some of you guys must be eating fucking ramen and cardboard to keep buying at LCS' that don't give pull-discounts.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, it's in the back of the King City collection. It's his local shop kinda?

Cool--I knew that sounded familiar. Pleez get a picture of him scoffing at the DC books next time you see him.

Messi

Damn, some of you guys must be eating fucking ramen and cardboard to keep buying at LCS' that don't give pull-discounts.

I went digital fully because my store refused to give me a discount on a 45 book list. I now order physical copies of Harley Quinn, Batman, Detective Comics, Catwoman and Saga.

zeeaykay

I have to have a 20 pull list just to get a 10 percent discount. And a book doesn't count if it's not classified as ongoing. They own 4 stores in the city so there's not any conpetition. The guy who is the store manager is super cool and has good taste so I like giving him my business

Another store that's outside the city is like 25% off everything but it's too far away.

James Tynion's The Woods was another great read so far today. Another great mystery that makes you want more now. I know a lot of you are skipping this one but it reads really well. Consider the trade at least.

Bii

My LCS doesn't give any discounts :( Not for my pull list of for any items I buy.

I'm in central California and my LCS doesn't give me any discounts either. :(

Then again, my LCS doesn't have to give any discounts because they're, basically, the only one within 50 miles of where I live that gets the newest comics.

Never heard of it.

Spooky mystery or conspiracy?

Right now it could be either one of those or both. They even say as much in the book. Basically, a whole school is mysteriously placed somewhere unknown. Somewhere alien. There is life forms outside of the school that kill and have already killed. So consider any and every high school movie and television show that you have ever seen in that environment. I think it is going to make for an entertaining story.

Owzers

i thought people said Ellis was on through issue #8 but it's only to #6? I didn't know people were done with Brian Wood.

ReAxion

We got a little more on her
through what Daredevil says.
Noto is for sure the book thus far, but so damn good.

James Tynion's The Woods was another great read so far today. Another great mystery that makes you want more now. I know a lot of you are skipping this one but it reads really well. Consider the trade at least.

I'm quite interested, might jump in before the trade if there's a digital price drop.

1) who is Brian Wood and he's a sexual predator?

2) Fuuuuuuuck you. Keep Ellis on it, Christ.

Some controversy back at SDCC last year where he allegedly harassed a female illustrator. He admitted to making a pass at her but refuted her claims of harassment. Not sure if it was ever followed up on and it doesn't have anything to do with his work. But it is kinda bland.

Filthy Slug

I bet you Brian Wood's Moon Knight doesn't punch a single fucking ghost.

I don't know what is happening here but this Batman/Superman #33 (Batman Month Variant) by Karl Kerschl is doing something for me.
smww-cv10-karl-kerschljpg-958d03_960w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom