• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

So, Moon Knight. That skull page was fucking incredible. But this book is in no way shape or form a satisfying read. Every issue just - ends, it always feels like it needs a page or two extra. It's worth it for the art sure, but godamn Ellis you contrarian motherfucker, write a whole story not just the middle.

Sometimes they don't even finish the art. The last issue I picked up was full of blank pages.

So, Moon Knight. That skull page was fucking incredible. But this book is in no way shape or form a satisfying read. Every issue just - ends, it always feels like it needs a page or two extra. It's worth it for the art sure, but godamn Ellis you contrarian motherfucker, write a whole story not just the middle.

I think it's supposed to feel like a dream. How dreams skip and relocate and you aren't aware of it and sometimes just end.

Wonder how Brian Wood will end his issues of Moon Knight.

"Hey, I'll solve your weird crime if I get little somethinsomethin out of it, knowwhatimsayin?"

14163404257_4ec8d5c876_o.png
14348354152_c3dac53597_o.png
14163341250_284973a8e5_o.png
14163341170_bd8a7a50ae_o.png

14346598391_c93e6896d9_o.png
14326808496_2337f72762_o.png
14163268929_44e552e64b_o.png
14370118733_a887d923ae_o.png

14349088794_d9b237b6f6_o.png
14349946855_0d34beaa9a_o.png
14349946815_59e1bb3fb6_o.png
THIS IS GOLD

Hellers

I bought all 7 volumes of Ghostbusters that Comixology currently have on sale. Only 2.49 each in the Queen's currency. Damn. I've missed those guys.

Also bought the first two issues of The Woods and I really like it.

And about another 80 quids worth of stuff on Comixology. My Kindle Fire is nearly full

"If I had to take one memory to crystallize forever, it wouldn't be when I met my wife, when we got married, or the birth of our child, but the moment I opened Cyclops #1"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Some comments from Warren Ellis for some of you to gnash your teeth over.

Warren Ellis said:
So I still have the flu. Managed to get re-infected. MOON KNIGHT #4 came out yesterday, as did the announcement that Brian Wood will be taking over MOON KNIGHT from me with #7. Dec is also leaving with me after issue 6. Issue 1 went to three printings, and 2 and 3 went to two printings, and so I consider that a job reasonably well done. The job has been, simply, reactivating MOON KNIGHT as a productive property for the Marvel IP library. And, in personal terms, producing six single stories that held together, because I thought it would be amusing to provide a book that could be entered at any point and still give the reader a complete experience. Which goes against the grain a bit, because the modern commercial-comics reader has been very much entrained to expect long arcs rather than singles. I’m sure there are plenty of complaints out there about the lack of character arcs or long stories. But the book is still getting bought and reordered. So I guess we found an audience after all.

Six issues and out. Fun.

Orders on TREES #2 jumped by 7K after the release of issue one, putting the final order count for that issue at a hair over 30K. We still have, I believe, about 7K copies of the overprint on issue 1 left, but there’s still reorder velocity on that. I’m summoning up my strength now for the final three issues of this run, which will produce a complete book. And then we’ll see if there’s a second book to be done.

Today I sent over the first visual notes for the comics project that replaces MOON KNIGHT on my schedule. I’ve been working on it since around the turn of the year. More on that in a couple of months. Possibly almost exactly two months.

''Have you seen Cyclops?'' - Major Nelson
Haha.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Some comments from Warren Ellis for some of you to gnash your teeth over.

Haha.

There ya go, Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey are just going to quickly reinvigorate dead characters/franchises and then leave them for boring fucks to drive back into the dirtpile.

Owzers

it's weird to like 4 Avengers books at the same time, never happened before. Avengers, New , Secret, and Uncanny are all good reads.

Picked up Cyclops #2 & Black Widow #7 last night but didn't read due to (currently) being sick with a cold.

I'll probably try to read tonight before I go to sleep (thanks NyQuil).

Nicola Scott in full on Goddess mode with Earth 2 #24. Excellent issue; We get so many great moments. But that last scene with
Val-Zod and Jimmy was just great. And that last page. Tom Taylor finally gets to write a Good Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom