• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isak_Borg

Are the Fourth World comics finally getting digital releases? I asked DiDio about it awhile back on Twitter and he said they would look into it.

if it was the fourth world shit I would be screaming it from rooftop to rooftop!

Edit: don't work @CMX anymore.

Messi

Brahs, my Dad had a heart attack over the weekend. It seems wrong to bring up or think like this but I want the people that matter most o be around when I achieve comics superstardom. I want to make everyone proud......

Very sorry to hear that, I hope he gets well soon.

Messi

Anyone read this and if so how is it?

retrovirus-cover-3_4.jpg

and this mini series

8_AMAZING_SPIDER_MAN_PRESENTS__BLAC.jpg

Brahs, my Dad had a heart attack over the weekend. It seems wrong to bring up or think like this but I want the people that matter most o be around when I achieve comics superstardom. I want to make everyone proud......

Fingers and everything crossed for your Dad Rafa. Hope he has as smooth a recovery as possible.

god damiit Didio

Years of training with great writers like Grant Morrison allows me to work on multiple planes and multiple timelines simultaneously so I'm prepared for this," he says with a laugh. "All the muscles are in shape."

Bii

The next cover for Elektra is smokin' hot.

The art in this book is just stunning. The interior work is stellar.

Hnnngg!

Anyone ever purchase a book just for the cover alone, even when you don't plan on reading it? Most recent one I did that for was Detective Comics #27 Frank Miller variant. You know, the one where Catwoman's tail is not where it's supposed to be. XD

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Edit: man, I fucking love Sony, but that was not their strongest performance.

That's an understatement. At least 2006 was entertaining. I had never seen how Bendis looked like before though so at that was cool. Subscribed to Uncanny Xmen and All new Xmen, still waiting on them.

Almost all of my feed was people who thought he was just another Sony corporate "douche".

Edit: man, I fucking love Sony, but that was not their strongest performance.

Honestly, I don't think anyone had a great day. there are definitely some things I'm looking forward to. No Man's Sky looks really interesting, for example. But no one had any megaton announcements. Anything that would have been big news was either announced or leaked last week.

Honestly, I don't think anyone had a great day. there are definitely some things I'm looking forward to. No Man's Sky looks really interesting, for example. But no one had any megaton announcements. Anything that would have been big news was either announced or leaked last week.

Yeah I feel the same. I would be losing my shit over Scalebound and Bloodborn but one has been heavily rumored for months now and the other was leaked not too long ago. Oh well.

Batman looks good. So excited for that.

MG310

It felt a lot like a "Fuck you Fox, Marvel's still friendly with us. Love, Sony" between the Infinity exclusives and how Andrew House introduced Bendis.

Nothing too shocking but I'm looking forward to playing Batman, the From Software game, and Metal Gear at least for retail games. Definitely going to play that Infamous DLC.

In for Mortal Kombat as well..though I'm still skeptical of their ability to make interesting new characters.

Bendis got hate because he was up there for a bit talking about things that are not video games. Powers'll probably be cool but Sony of all people should know their audience

Definitely. Though in previous years, there were so many things I was excited about, I always felt a bit overwhelmed. Right now, I've got a good five or six titles to keep on my radar, and I'm satisfied with that.

How in crap's name can someone not be excited blind by Crackton 3 and Sunset Overdrive????

Best e3 since whenever they revealed Jet Set Radio.

Vibranium

Banned
E3 is fine by me, I feel though that as AAA development gets more difficult and expensive, you'll see less games up on the stage these days. Sony's was decent, but I do wish they had finished with The Last Guardian (too bad it is still in development). Honestly, I think people set a really high bar for these shows when they should be realistic, especially if you know how this industry works.

Seeing Bendis up there was hilarious, I am not a Powers fan but I hope people excited for it are pleased when they move into production. BMB should have also announced he was leaving Guardians of the Galaxy and then there would have been a major comics megaton haha.

Definitely. Though in previous years, there were so many things I was excited about, I always felt a bit overwhelmed. Right now, I've got a good five or six titles to keep on my radar, and I'm satisfied with that.

I think what I missed most from past E3's were the surprises. Everything was a known entity, either announced already, a remake, or a port up from last gen, or a game that was set for this year but delayed till next. Nothing felt like OMG I did not expect this new and exciting thing!

I have maybe 4 or 5 games so far I'll be planning on picking up, but it just felt a bit like we knew all of it going in. I wish they'd just show gameplay trailers during the press conferences and save the people pretending to play for the show floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom