• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I got bored at work.. here is all the PSN names so far
(PSN to the right)
EDIT: (I will keep adding names as they come)

KoruptData = KoruptData
Messi = RemyWilde
Freezasaurus = Freezasaurus
Cheska = Cheska19
GrandHarrier = GrandHarrier
Tyrant Rave = PR1M3R1B
Bii = Socheata
Gketter = DarkKnight77
Slightconfuse = THESLIGHTCONFUSE
Espi = SirRobes
Sca2511 = sca2511
Gipsy Danger = fenix1989uk
Shin Johnpv = ShinJohnpv or Shin Johnpv
CorporateClown = CorporateClown
Supermanisdead = Supermanizdead
GrandHarrier = GrandHarrier
ThyMusicMan = TruKill420
Sillymonkey321 = Owzers
WadiumArcadium = WadiumArcadium

I am JedeyeSniv on the PSNs, mostly just playing MGS or GTA.

edit: argh top of the page. Something about comics.... uhhhh. I saw a guy in a Harley t-shirt the other day, reminded me of Messi. So that happened.

Todays reason for Messi to read the Legion: Imra Ardeen of Titan, aka Saturn Girl.

1568894-saturngirl.jpg

I love anime hair Saturn Girl.

That doesn't answer my question exactly :V
Eh whatevs will give it a read. What issue is that from?

I don't remember the exact issue but I believe it's from one of the earlier issues of the Mark Waid (mid 2000s) Legion. As to the writing, as with all things it depends who was writing it. There have been great runs and there have been mediocre runs. I personally liked the Waid run.

Hnnngg!

Anyone ever purchase a book just for the cover alone, even when you don't plan on reading it? Most recent one I did that for was Detective Comics #27 Frank Miller variant. You know, the one where Catwoman's tail is not where it's supposed to be. XD

Too often,, especially with cool variants. I've bought quite a few books that I knew nothing about just for the Francavilla covers.

Messi

I am JedeyeSniv on the PSNs, mostly just playing MGS or GTA.

edit: argh top of the page. Something about comics.... uhhhh. I saw a guy in a Harley t-shirt the other day, reminded me of Messi. So that happened.

I want to buy the 'I <3 J' harley tshirt that is out this week.

My Steam id is tizoc789. I don't use my PS3 much anymore :p

Is the writing good though?

It's never worse than Nocenti Catwoman.

I think it's pretty clear that I have a low bar for the quality of writing I will endure.

Tizoc

I don't remember the exact issue but I believe it's from one of the earlier issues of the Mark Waid (mid 2000s) Legion. As to the writing, as with all things it depends who was writing it. There have been great runs and there have been mediocre runs. I personally liked the Waid run.

I have one or two 2 TPBs of that run, but I only recall seeing mostly Braniac 5 during the run haha.

I think it's pretty clear that I have a low bar for the quality of writing I will endure.

...and thus we will never get along =/

Zombine

Banned
I vanished for a while yesterday due to E3 coverage, but I've had a ton of time to really get acquainted with reading on that huge iPad Air screen and I can't say I've really missed
Print issues. That backlit screen and the pixel density makes any given page in a book look like the original before It goes to print. If you're reading a colorful book that pixel density makes every color pop.

I also no longer hate my Marvel Unlimited sub. Some of the older books are slightly fuzzier, but everything current looks great.

Owzers

e3 is has been a huge bummer, people just aren't making games. It would be like Bendis only writing one comic a year and then delaying that comic. Nintendo, save us! With your 5 games a year on wii u....

Zombine

Banned
e3 is has been a huge bummer, people just aren't making games. It would be like Bendis only writing one comic a year and then delaying that comic. Nintendo, save us! With your 5 games a year on wii u....

As someone who owns everything, while Sony had the more exiting conference moment to moment, they had very little to show that wasn't third party or so far off in the future it might as well not have been shown. I'm willing to put money down on Uncharted being bumped to 2016 Q 2/3. They just didn't have much to show for the fall. Grimm Fandago isn't exclusive, and I hate paid DLC exclusion from both sides. Xbox has a few games out in the fall that look phenomenal and I can't wait to download the Dead Rising DLC this weekend, and on the Sony side Im excited to play the Destiny Alpha on Ps4 Thursday.

Plz save us Nintendo ._.

Tizoc

Pfft Nintendo'll just announce something you lot will bitch and moan about for months and then when it approachs release you do a complete 180.

Justice League 3000 #7: I don't even know what to expect any more. The series has been doing a really good job of being one collective WTF, and keeping you guessing at where it's going to go next. This issue in particular was completely out of left field.

Vyer

Little behind on books this week. Need to catch up.

Also Interested in hearing more about Marvel/Disney infinity.

Brahs, my Dad had a heart attack over the weekend. It seems wrong to bring up or think like this but I want the people that matter most o be around when I achieve comics superstardom. I want to make everyone proud......

Sorry man. Hope everything works out ok.

if it was the fourth world shit I would be screaming it from rooftop to rooftop!

Edit: don't work @CMX anymore.

Er...sorry? Don't know if that was voluntary or not.

Oh wow comixology just got viz as a publisher. Cool.

And they added a nice feature that when you buy a book on an ipad web browser you can click a button to download all books to the app

And today's free book is Shutter #1

the POWERS announcement should have been at comic con. i was annoyed that i spent all that damn time watching a playstation conference and there wasn't even any good games. #whenslastguardian

but yeah, im still super hyped about powers. i wonder if they'll do it in that shitty "motion comic" style.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I've yet to play any of the Arkham games, though I do have them all on Steam. >_<

I've only played Arkham Asylum, and although I absolutely loved it, I just can't bring myself to play Arkham City even though I have it. No idea why.

I've only played Arkham Asylum, and although I absolutely loved it, I just can't bring myself to play Arkham City even though I have it. No idea why.
I liked City a lot more the Asylum, I'm having the same issue with Origins though. Some day I'll force myself to play through it and be done with it.

Arkham Knight looks excellent.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I liked City a lot more the Asylum, I'm having the same issue with Origins though. Some day I'll force myself to play through it and be done with it.

Arkham Knight looks excellent.

The funny thing is that the same thing happened to me with Asylum. I played a couple hours of it and just wasn't feeling it at all, then I restarted it maybe a year later and absolutely loved it. I guess I just had to get in a groove with it. With this hype from seeing the Arkham Knight stuff, I'll probably try to play Arkham City again in the next few days.

But yeah, Arkham Knight does look great. That Batmobile driving and gliding everywhere looks like great fun.

HOLY SHIT BALLS...
Batman Arkham Night for PS4 looks amazing.. That's one of the reason I like Batman so much (comics/movies etc),, so dark and gritty. Awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvjuzdHnsI

It's not just for PS4 though right?

I decided today that Crackton and Sunset are worth more to me than DLC exclusives and higher frame rates or more shadows or whatever performance issues separate the consoles...

Owzers

I decided today that Crackton and Sunset are worth more to me than DLC exclusives and higher frame rates or more shadows or whatever performance issues separate the consoles...

i might pick up an xbox one this holiday if it's on a good sale/bundle for Sunset and other stuff in 2015. Not much of anything i want to play now outside of Dead Rising 3's dlc, don't even care much about the regular dead rising 3. Zelda tease made me feel better about picking up a wii u earlier this year.

Messi

It's PC PS4 and X1

Harley Quinn is the bonus challenge map character this time. I might be too excited for that. Maybe more so than the story mode.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bendis and Sony say they don't have a cast locked down yet expect to premiere the show in December. That's a red flag.

I haven't read the comics, but I'd rather these companies just focus on games. Maybe enter into smart partnerships with existing shows, but leave the production and all that to the others.

---

I read Ales Kot's Change over the weekend... wtf. It's like Alan Moore and Brandon Graham had a baby. Not sure I liked it, a little too batshit trippy for me. Zero is still the shit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bendis and Sony say they don't have a cast locked down yet expect to premiere the show in December. That's a red flag.

I haven't read the comics, but I'd rather these companies just focus on games. Maybe enter into smart partnerships with existing shows, but leave the production and all that to the others.

---

I read Ales Kot's Change over the weekend... wtf. It's like Alan Moore and Brandon Graham had a baby. Not sure I liked it, a little too batshit trippy for me. Zero is still the shit.

Sounds like my kind of book.

It's PC PS4 and X1

Harley Quinn is the bonus challenge map character this time. I might be too excited for that. Maybe more so than the story mode.

I realized this gen (last gen) that I never really got to any bonus DLC anyway. Except Borderlands. God help me if Borderlands has exclusive DLC...

Ales Kot, Morgan Jeske, Sloane Leong, and Ed Brisson is a hell of a creative team already, but "child of Moore and Graham" is a double sell

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ales Kot is just dope. Dude hasn't written a single bad book that I've read, and is putting out one of the most important books right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom